BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salgado

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would you of said if we didnt sign him & nobody else? "The board didnt back sam"

No I'd have said nothing of the sort. The board have already backed Sam and we don't need any more defenders. You probably haven't noticed but I rarely if ever make comments on the lines of "the board didn't back Sam." My only concern on signings is midfield, if Sam had found a midfielder and the board refused him I'd have had something to say about that.

Salgado is a freebie, no quality midfielder would be available for free. I also very much doubt Salgado is taking 40k a week
Yes I realise there is no transfer fee involved, there may well be a signing on fee, and at no point did I suggest a quality midfielder would be available on a free. What I did suggest was the salary might be better spent on a midfielder. As for the 40k it was someone else who first suggested the salary was in that region.

I question the need for this signing unless something else is brewing with other defenders, sorry if I looked a bit further than I should of.

Still talking garbage I see, maybe well get some sense after he's actually kicked a ball for us.

Michel Salgado kicks those dingles we call garbage to the curb.

Salgado eats Dingles, once he pops, he cant stop. :D

Nope, that'll be how many Clarets fans that Salgado has allowed to live after the game at Ewood ;)

Nah, it wouldn't be that many!

He really should have a Rovers shirt on, can't understand where that has come from.

Anyone oblige.

There's a clue in the link under neath the photo... ;)

Still talking garbage I see, maybe well get some sense after he's actually kicked a ball for us.

lol.. you are a misery mate.. this thread is just one of the reasons we signed him.. he is a legend in football and we all know at 33 he is not going to be the same player he once was, but he will give us considerable experience, a boost for the team/fans, a tutor for our now young squad of players, a profile lift for the club (to attract players and fans) and I don't think anyone has ever complained about his passion for the game or his work rate.

There have been plenty of great footballers who continued to play way beyond 33 (remember Tugay still had a great season for us at 35.. and no not counting last season) and I think Salgado certainly has the legs to keep playing for the next two seasons.

As for where he will play, I reckon he could play in quite a few different positions but until he is out on the pitch we just wont know, I know he played as mainly a right back but he has in the past played in a variety of other positions (CB, RM, DM, LB to name a few) and Sam has historically not been scared to move players into new positions to suit his needs and his players skills.

And yes he only played 9 games for one of the worlds biggest clubs last season, but remember he was second choice at right back behind Ramos one of the worlds best players..

So well done Sam, fingers crossed this one works out for us.

So if you don't like this thread go find another thread and whinge there, there is not much we can say about him until he gets out on the pitch.

Archived