BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Salgado

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd initially thought this guy was a midfielder and this was the reason for Sam pushing the board hard for him. I don't understand why we should be paying top dollar to an ageing defender - he's just two months from being 34 - when we desperately need quality in midfield.

It's being suggested Salgado is receiving £40,000 week. That would have gone a long way towards paying a quality central midfielder. Very disappointed in JW for allowing this and Sam for pursuing it. As for his ability he's going to need to be outstanding every game to justify the transfer.

17 appearances in the last two seasons for Real Madrid.

I'd initially thought this guy was a midfielder and this was the reason for Sam pushing the board hard for him. I don't understand why we should be paying top dollar to an ageing defender - he's just two months from being 34 - when we desperately need quality in midfield.

It's being suggested Salgado is receiving £40,000 week. That would have gone a long way towards paying a quality central midfielder. Very disappointed in JW for allowing this and Sam for pursuing it. As for his ability he's going to need to be outstanding every game to justify the transfer.

17 appearances in the last two seasons for Real Madrid.

And how many quality central midfielders do you think we could have got for nothing?

This guy can do a good job for us for the next couple of seasons, he's in the same mould as several successful signings that Sam made at Bolton. We might not have a crisis in that area but strength in depth is important too. If we had £5m odd to spend and he went out and spent that on a defender that wouldve been a different issue.

Michel Salgado doesn't need International Clearence ^_^

Yes he does, all players do, Europe or not.

Yes he does, all players do, Europe or not.

I think even a player who was playing in the league of Wales would need international clearance too as he is under the banner of the Welsh FA!!

It's being suggested Salgado is receiving £40,000 week. That would have gone a long way towards paying a quality central midfielder. Very disappointed in JW for allowing this and Sam for pursuing it.

What would you of said if we didnt sign him & nobody else? "The board didnt back sam"

Salgado is a freebie, no quality midfielder would be available for free. I also very much doubt Salgado is taking 40k a week.

Waggy you cretin, where has it been said he's earning £40,000 a week? Again, one person guesses £20,000, another suggests £40,000.

There is no facts, only suggestions, but obviously you're too thick to realise this, hence your post.

Waggy you cretin, where has it been said he's earning £40,000 a week? Again, one person guesses £20,000, another suggests £40,000.

There is no facts, only suggestions, but obviously you're too thick to realise this, hence your post.

:D a very respectable poster posted 40k,i'd belive him before you ;)

Archived