BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N01 Bburn End - Disgrace

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have every right to complain if they don't feel entertained.

However, it is ironic that there are a lot of people on here in the past who have complained when certain ex-players have been theatrically booed when they re-appeared at Ewood - Messrs Shearer, Bellamy and Neill for example. I have read on here that it is an embarrassment, that it shows a lack of respect to players who have done well for us (and done well out of us I might add) and that we really shouldn't do it. However, it appears to be acceptable to boo the manager, and chant you don't know what you're doing at him, and boo certain players and the team when things are not going the way you want them to. I find that double standard bizarre to say the least

What a ridiculous thread...............

I sit in No1 BBE and didnt Boo once or chant Anti-Sam songs.

Fair play if you had said "Booing Disgrace" but No1 is the main reason we sing songs. With your post your

suggesting everyone in this area are a disgrace and were Booing this is not the fact!

A little more thinking before a thread is made......

PS. I dont agree with the booing but it wasnt just the people in the N01 section!

Agreed! Yes there are quite a few vocal characters up in N01 hence the reason why a lot of the chanting starts here but I didn't boo the team once and never have at home as I dont believe it benefits the team. The one time I have been peeved with a player at home and let him know it is when Lucas Neill came and cupped his ear down at the front of N01 aimed at those who were giving him grief when most of these 'boo'ers' had already left the ground.

People need to realise 1 important FACT.

BIG SAM does know what he is doing, hence why he kept us in this league.

Yes he did and that is why personally I think it better to wait until we have a full strength squad (if we ever!) to make judgement on Big Sam. There are worries though that we desperately need some points on the board before October arrives and the HOME games are where we should be looking to take maximum points. I know Allardyce picked the team around the players available but one up front in any game and to play for the win needs SUPPORT for the lone striker from the midfield and too many times yesterday the midfield was static and offered no support whatsoever to Roberts!

Seriously though, why boo? Does it improve the performance, doubt it, does it make you feel better, yes. As for me, I guess I have to own up and say I didn't enjoy the game but there were a few positives.

As to the boos there were some in the Riverside as well, personally I think such behaviour is naive and shoddy at the second home game of the season.

I agree.

Calm down and wait for the team to take shape. Better than being an Accy fan at the moment.

Exactly ;)

BIG SAM'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY :rover:

The comments yesterday were extremely unusual for Ewood which is usually an exceptionally tolerant and passive crowd - despite what philip might think.

I thought they were slightly harsh but understandable, it's surely basic common sense that if you're going to play one up front the other wingers/midfielders need to support him and it appeared as though the players had been instructed not to do that as no-one was making the slightest effort to get up in support until the last few minutes.

Add to that the crowd could see that West Ham were there for the taking, seeing that we were playing into our opponenets hand, but then again to challenge all of this for me was the fact that big Sam only had these players available which was probably the best way of playing these guys.

If Roberts hadnt have looked like he was sulking and got stuck in and enjoyed himself, the whole game might have looked a lot more pleasing to the eye.

What are you ? His PR man? Love child?

He tactics might be effective at keeping the club up but the capitulations that went on last season and the point blank refusal to attack yesterday were/was a disgrace.

Ashamed of the booing, not at all - Ashamed to have paid to watch such cowardly tactics and suppression of the natural instinct to win - absolutely.

Sam kept us up with horrendous football and some questionable tactics. If yesterday is a sign of things to come and what we have to do to pimp ourselves about in this league, I'd personally like to see us relegated.

Ashamed to be a Rover.

I agreed it was poor but not one person on here has come up with a credible alternative with premiership experience.

Sam is the best, no ONLY option under the current circumstances.

I agreed it was poor but not one person on here has come up with a credible alternative with premiership experience.

Burnley play football along the ground and didn't get a shot yesterday - support them - they'll still go down.

Sam is the best, no ONLY option under the current circumstances.

Allardyce didn't want to come first time round because of facebook petitions etc. HE WITHDREW HIS APPLICATION.

Go on suppose he walks tomorrow WHO WOULD WE APPOINT????

And now look - I appear to be talking to myself - DOH!

I think I'm right all the time, because? I don't know why you seem to think that, the fans shouting abuse were wrong, they clearly wanted Roberts to stay on with Kalinic, because we all know if the perfect chance fell to Roberts he'd tuck it away.

No clear knowledge of Rovers' past? What do you mean? Someone told me something about not beating West Ham, the other stat was on Sky Sports News. I know we have a poor record away @ The Boleyn Ground and I couldn't remember the last time we won at home. What is so wrong about it?

And no I'm not a teenager. :rolleyes:

Are you 9? :huh:

• Backroom

The "you don't know what your doing chants" were out of order and ridiculous.

The booing? I personally wouldn't do it at this point in the season but after the dross that was served up yesterday you cannot blame people for expressing disappointment. Parting with your money to go and be bored to death is not exactly uplifting.

Sam is the right man for this job, but I think a slight revision of his tactics in favour of entertaining the crowd a little wouldn't go amiss. If yesterday's tactics had worked and we'd won 1/2-0 I really don't think many would care. The fact the tactics failed are the reason for the backlash, and it will get worse if sam continues on this way and we continually fail to find the net or win.

Some people need to get a grip.

IF this had been two or three months down the line with a near fully fit squad then the booing/chanting would have been fair enough.

It wasnt. Yesterday was immensely frustrating but that was our worst performance of the season and we gained a point. After our previous two league games its sensible to have gone into this one with the mentality of not losing instead of going out all guns for the win. Yes it was painful to watch and seeing Dunn/Roberts repeatedly running towards their goal without any blue/white around was almost embarrassing, HOWEVER it is so early in the season and with all our other strikers out, playing 1 up front in a defensive style is understandable esp without us having any points on the board.

If this was a one off, fine. We should have Di Santo/Reid/Emerton/McCarthy/Nelsen all nearing fitness by the Wolves game so there can be no excuses if Sam perseveres with these tactics again. So for the time being there is no point in losing any faith.

IF this had been two or three months down the line with a near fully fit squad then the booing/chanting would have been fair enough.

It wasnt. Yesterday was immensely frustrating but that was our worst performance of the season and we gained a point. After our previous two league games its sensible to have gone into this one with the mentality of not losing instead of going out all guns for the win. Yes it was painful to watch and seeing Dunn/Roberts repeatedly running towards their goal without any blue/white around was almost embarrassing, HOWEVER it is so early in the season and with all our other strikers out, playing 1 up front in a defensive style is understandable esp without us having any points on the board.

If this was a one off, fine. We should have Di Santo/Reid/Emerton/McCarthy/Nelsen all nearing fitness by the Wolves game so there can be no excuses if Sam perseveres with these tactics again. So for the time being there is no point in losing any faith.

It was good to see Bert warmign up yesterday - and he looks very fit.

What are you?

He tactics might be effective at keeping the club up but the capitulations that went on last season and the point blank refusal to attack yesterday were/was a disgrace.

I'd personally like to see us relegated.

Ashamed to be a Rover.

:huh: A rover??? You dont sound like one with that sort of crap you spout! You would rather see us relegated?? Seriously you need to get a grip and think about it!

Astonishing. Relegation could well see the end of this club and yet you dislike the manager that much you would choose that?

Exactly mate - people like the idiot above clearly should fook off to Arsenal.

Allardyce didn't want to come first time round because of facebook petitions etc. HE WITHDREW HIS APPLICATION.

Go on suppose he walks tomorrow WHO WOULD WE APPOINT????

And now look - I appear to be talking to myself - DOH!

Im still waiting to here who they would appoint too - Maybe Ince? Or why dont they appoint their love child, Paul Gallagher.........

Agree - I dont mind the booing if we play poorly at the end of the half or game/ but to boo his every decision and to sing such crap is pathetic! :wacko:

• Backroom
Agree - I dont mind the booing if we play poorly at the end of the half or game/ but to boo his every decision and to sing such crap is pathetic! :wacko:

After 75 mins of the same at home, at the start of the system to a clearly weakened west ham team is quite justified. It's important to let Sam know as early on as possible that we don't want to see such awful football served up week after week.

I know people will say "Sam is the boss, he kept us up last season, who are you to question his tactics" etc etc and to an extent that's true. However, I pay money into the club and I should be able to express my opinion if the club are doing something I dislike. I do not believe football as we saw yesterday is the only way to survive in this league. That is not the game I grew up loving.

I do think a lot of our current form is down to the team gelling. I think and hope once the players get to know each other (particularly our front line and central midfield, early injuries have not helped) we will see a better standard of football. We may have to suffer a little through these first couple of months, though.

Why? I was here before the current manager (and will be here long after he has gone). I suspect given your witty and intelligent response I was also walking on Ewood long before your Daddy had managed to get your mummy drunk and have that terrible fumble that resulted in you.

I know what football looks like, I know what football should be. Yesterday was shocking and when you have some more life and football experince you will agree.

what is wrong with you, you idiot! one bad game in which we got our first point and your an ashamed rovers fan? you are the abhorrent little sod.....d**K

The international break is probably perfect for our gelling - it will allow Kalinic, Hoilett and a few more to get used to the team. Aswell as give us time to get McCarthy, Di Santo fit and also get some more fitness into Emerton, Dunn & Grella.

:huh: A rover??? You dont sound like one with that sort of crap you spout! You would rather see us relegated?? Seriously you need to get a grip and think about it!

What's with the selective editing when quoting, trying to change the conext?

Clearly there are two views here, why not respect the other view. It's not wrong to question.

It is however wrong to try and twist the facts.

what is wrong with you, you idiot! one bad game in which we got our first point and your an ashamed rovers fan? you are the abhorrent little sod.....d**K

Played 3. Want to try again? I'll give you a clue after 1 comes 2 then...

October 18th - just one more game?

Played 3. Want to try again? I'll give you a clue after 1 comes 2 then...

October 18th - just one more game?

He's right in sayin 'one bad game'. we played the first 2 very well, we just didnt get any points. I'm still waiting on a response to being a total pillock to me a few posts back. Thats was a bloody disgrace and tbh, I'd be glad to feckin lamp you a few times for spouting @#/? about my parents.

I think the crap served up on the pitch which I had to endure for 90 minutes was worse than the booing.

Indeed it was crap, but it by no means warranted booing!! Hell, we are 3 games into the season!! Weren't we in an excellent position under P*** I*** this time last season?

what i meant was that, we played bad but picked up a point when in retrospective games we lost when we played well! and why are you been idiotic with other fans. Does not matter when you were watching football, everyone knows how it should be played! so why the disrespect to other members on this board?

and because you are older does that mean you have become senile, or senescent?

big sam changed his tactics far too late, how we expected to make a more attacking impact with around 20 minutes left is beyond me, the negativity for the great majority of the game was very poor and made the game bad viewing, although booing and chanting against him was a bit too far, frustrations were mounting and i feel that it was too little too late, playing defensively at home is just going to make people not want to come.

Archived