BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N01 Bburn End - Disgrace

I sat through plenty of @#/? (with a capital S H I T and E) and plenty of games where tactically we looked inept under Hughes and I don't recall anyone ever chanting you don't know what you're doing at him. Or saying on this board that we should. Clearly Allardyce polarises opinions and those that don't like him think it's acceptable to treat him differently to other managers we've had hear. Their perogative but doesn't make it right

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I sit in N01 and I must admit one of my mates joined in the chanting, the whole thing was a bit embarassing but the general feeling around the stand was bad.

It was too much but in reality there wasnt many people chanting that really, the fact is a number of people don't like Sam and possibly fear the type of football we got yesterday is a taste of things to come, up until the last 15 we really looked to be playing for a draw or maybe sneak a goal off a set piece.

I am a bit embarassed of my own conduct yesterday however, I had a right rant about Dunny diving when maybe there was contact with hindsight.

So you were happy with the formation and tactics used yesterday?

Im not saying I was happy with the way we played..but I could understand what he was doing. Keep it tight at the back, make sure we take at least 1 point out of the game and then hopefully get something at the other end - which we were very close to when Hoilett chipped Green.

They booed at the substitutes because they clearly didn't know what tactic Sam had in mind. They thought Hoilett would stay wide right when he took off Roberts. It's sad to think the so called supporters don't know some of the positions our players play.

I embarrassed one guy when he was screaming about keeping one striker on, not knowing Hoilett would link up with Kalinic. He soon shut up. :D

I sit in NO1 and I was embarrassed myself, I took my older sister to the game thinking it would be a good atmosphere and all she saw was a goalless bore with no atmosphere only for the fans to start screaming and shouting unnecessary abuse at a manager who has more idea than they do.

What did people expect against our bogey team who had won two out of their last three @ Ewood and someone told me we hadn't beat them at home for 12 games. They must expect miracles to happen, from the way some reacted they don't deserve a manager and a team like Blackburn Rovers, ok the want the best out of the team, they pay their money etc but shouting abuse isn't likely to help. All Sam needs is time and for me he's getting it right. Our luck will soon change, let's hope the fans attitude does too.

Exactly mate - very good points and exactly what I thought at the time.

What a ridiculous thread...............

I sit in No1 BBE and didnt Boo once or chant Anti-Sam songs.

Fair play if you had said "Booing Disgrace" but No1 is the main reason we sing songs. With your post your

suggesting everyone in this area are a disgrace and were Booing this is not the fact!

A little more thinking before a thread is made......

PS. I dont agree with the booing but it wasnt just the people in the N01 section!

Mate I sit in N02, close to N03, and the noise of booing and "you dont know what your doing" came from that area & possibly that end of N02 - and those area alone - FACT!

I know full well that N01 usually make the most noise, and I fully respect that - but people just need to start being abit more realistic with our team. Had we gone 4-4-2 and conceded at the other end, what would people do then? Moan, Boo and then walk out because we just threw away the game............

Yesterday's performance deserved booing and the negative tactics deserved booing too. The only thing that was a disgrace was our approach to the game. Good job they were awful as well.

Glad you nailed your colours to the mast. Go and support Arsenal.

I sat through plenty of @#/? (with a capital S H I T and E) and plenty of games where tactically we looked inept under Hughes and I don't recall anyone ever chanting you don't know what you're doing at him. Or saying on this board that we should. Clearly Allardyce polarises opinions and those that don't like him think it's acceptable to treat him differently to other managers we've had hear. Their perogative but doesn't make it right

Exactly mate - Its the fans who didnt want Sam to start with - who would they rather have!?

I was told by the bloke behind me to 'sit down and STFU' when I was chanting 'big sams blue and white army' at the end becos 'he doesn't have a f*ckin clue'. I aimed a few choice 4 letter words at him and told him to 'f*ckin support your team, you self-righteous pr*ck!' Not the best course of action, but I hate when people boo like that. WHOLY unnecessary!!!

I didn't boo or join in with the chanting but agreed that sticking with what was effectively one up front against a side not even looking for the win struck me as beyond stupidity yesterday.

Same has already explained why he did what he did. he said we had to play to the players available. Many on here would have said to play kalinic straight from the start. But I suggest that his confidence has been hit for 6 after the sunderland game, on this board and especially from the media. If he had played from the start and the same had happened again his confidence would have been even worse. Sam is bringing him into the side bit by bit. He is also not completely match fit - for him to play the whole game may have resulted in injury. Sam therefore played a defensive game - not pretty, but due to injuries unavoidable. A defensive platform has been built for the team as a whole to build upon.

Bennie was injured, diouf, di santo - so who was left to play up front.

Circumstances dictated the side and the tactics against whu. A point is better than no points at all.

Mate I sit in N02, close to N03, and the noise of booing and "you dont know what your doing" came from that area & possibly that end of N02 - and those area alone - FACT!

I sit in the Riverside, some people near me were also booing. So wasn't just the top corner.

I can understand why the booing happened although the 'You don't know what your doing' was a bit daft so early in the season.

However we know that NO1 contains some of our more 'boisterous' fans (diplomatically speaking). That's where the majority of the trouble with standing occurs, that's where the £2 an hour chants come from, that's where the steward at the front got assaulted at the end of a game a couple of years go and that's where the idiot shamed the club with the Dwight Yorke abuse.

Perhaps the problem is not in NO1 but the rest of the stand being so quiet and lacking in passion.

There is more passion in the Riverside - so that really says something about a "full" Blackburn End.

For years it was the drummers fault. Clearly not the case.

People need to realise 1 important FACT.

BIG SAM does know what he is doing, hence why he kept us in this league.

What are you ? His PR man? Love child?

He tactics might be effective at keeping the club up but the capitulations that went on last season and the point blank refusal to attack yesterday were/was a disgrace.

Ashamed of the booing, not at all - Ashamed to have paid to watch such cowardly tactics and suppression of the natural instinct to win - absolutely.

Sam kept us up with horrendous football and some questionable tactics. If yesterday is a sign of things to come and what we have to do to pimp ourselves about in this league, I'd personally like to see us relegated.

Ashamed to be a Rover.

He tactics might be effective at keeping the club up but the capitulations that went on last season and the point blank refusal to attack yesterday were/was a disgrace.

Ashamed of the booing, not at all - Ashamed to have paid to watch such cowardly tactics and suppression of the natural instinct to win - absolutely.

Sam kept us up with horrendous football and some questionable tactics. If yesterday is a sign of things to come and what we have to do to pimp ourselves about in this league, I'd personally like to see us relegated.

Ashamed to be a Rover.

Feck off to Le Arse then.

I heard the "you don`t know what you`re doing " chants from the Darwen End......infact it`s the only time we really heard the BBE all afternoon <_<

A very poor showing from our traditional singing end yesterday.

The Darwen End was a bit too comatosed for my liking yesterday aswell.....apart from the odd exchanges of banter with the Hammers fans.

We had some good little dittys start up, like......

"Chimbonda`s got bananas on his feet, bananas on his feet, bananas on his feet".....with reference to his bright yellow boots :P

"Salgado (oh-oh) Salgado (oh-oh-oh-oh)

He comes from Real Madrid,

He didn`t cost a quid" :P

"what the ####`s a babble?".......sang after hammers fans sang their forever blowing bubbles song.

& "you`ve only got one song".......aimed at the same hammers song ^^

Apart from that, it was a pretty tedious afternoon all round :(

Noticed the Samaritans were collecting yesterday, maybe they knew something about Rovers supporters! :lol:

Seriously though, why boo? Does it improve the performance, doubt it, does it make you feel better, yes. As for me, I guess I have to own up and say I didn't enjoy the game but there were a few positives.

As to the boos there were some in the Riverside as well, personally I think such behaviour is naive and shoddy at the second home game of the season. We are all entitled to our opinions though and no doubt I will be berated for not liking fellow 'supporters' who lack the commitment to wait a few more games before playing the spoilt child with their own equivalent of a tantrum.

Calm down and wait for the team to take shape. Better than being an Accy fan at the moment.

Feck off to Le Arse then.

Why? I was here before the current manager (and will be here long after he has gone). I suspect given your witty and intelligent response I was also walking on Ewood long before your Daddy had managed to get your mummy drunk and have that terrible fumble that resulted in you.

I know what football looks like, I know what football should be. Yesterday was shocking and when you have some more life and football experince you will agree.

The comments yesterday were extremely unusual for Ewood which is usually an exceptionally tolerant and passive crowd - despite what philip might think.

I thought they were slightly harsh but understandable, it's surely basic common sense that if you're going to play one up front the other wingers/midfielders need to support him and it appeared as though the players had been instructed not to do that as no-one was making the slightest effort to get up in support until the last few minutes.

Ashamed to be a Rover.

Astonishing. Relegation could well see the end of this club and yet you dislike the manager that much you would choose that?

It's clear now...labouring an argument because you think you're right all the time...no clear knowledge of Rovers' past.

You're a teenager aren't you?

I think I'm right all the time, because? I don't know why you seem to think that, the fans shouting abuse were wrong, they clearly wanted Roberts to stay on with Kalinic, because we all know if the perfect chance fell to Roberts he'd tuck it away.

No clear knowledge of Rovers' past? What do you mean? Someone told me something about not beating West Ham, the other stat was on Sky Sports News. I know we have a poor record away @ The Boleyn Ground and I couldn't remember the last time we won at home. What is so wrong about it?

And no I'm not a teenager. :rolleyes:

The comments yesterday were extremely unusual for Ewood which is usually an exceptionally tolerant and passive crowd - despite what philip might think.

I thought they were slightly harsh but understandable, it's surely basic common sense that if you're going to play one up front the other wingers/midfielders need to support him and it appeared as though the players had been instructed not to do that as no-one was making the slightest effort to get up in support until the last few minutes.

Good call RevidgeBlue. It did seem that way.

it appeared as though the players had been instructed not to do that as no-one was making the slightest effort to get up in support until the last few minutes.

Good call RevidgeBlue. It did seem that way.

If you watch BFS on the touchline his hand gestures demonstrate the change in approach.

Up until 80 minutes when he's stirring the pudding bowl (or possibly waving a metal detector around looking for dropped coins to pay for a 4th right back) - that's "leave the striker all alone 30 yards away from the nearest teammate".

Then in the last 10 minutes when he's suddenly and urgently sweeping the floor, it's time to take the kitchen sink up top, and Chris Samba too.

Ashamed to be a Rover.

Backing you up - to a point - here OscarRaven. Last season everyone forgave Allardyce for the poor style of football because i) he was working with the remnants of the Ince Project and ii) it was all designed to keep us up.

The caveat with most of the defenders of this was that once he's had a full transfer window, and full pre-season with his team, they would expect better. Well, our stall looks like being set up exactly the same as the back end of last season and there are another 35 games to go. We need to get points on the board and at half time yesterday Sam should have said to his players that Wham were there for the taking and he was going 4-4-2 with Kalinic up front with Roberts - maybe even bring Hoillet on a little later on probably for a tiring Dunn or even Andrews.

People might say this is great with hindsight but I say, nay, this was clear during the match yesterday. This is the reason why the Ewood crowd got frustrated with Sam and, whilst I don't condone the booing and the mindless Geordie-wannabe chanting, I can understand why it happened.

I sincerely hope that Sam was being true to himself, and not just trying to justify look good in the media, when he said he did what he had to do with the players available, because when the players are available, I fully expect a lot, lot better.

Why? I was here before the current manager (and will be here long after he has gone). I suspect given your witty and intelligent response I was also walking on Ewood long before your Daddy had managed to get your mummy drunk and have that terrible fumble that resulted in you.

I know what football looks like, I know what football should be. Yesterday was shocking and when you have some more life and football experince you will agree.

It was tongue-in-cheek mate. I agree that yesterday was shocking, and I accept that the team should be criticised. But if you criticise the team then offer an alternative. You didn't offer anything feasible. Just 'pass it instead' doesn't work. Tactics are very intensive to work on. I know that as I coach at U14 level and tactics are very tricky to sort out THEN. I can't imagine how hard it must be at the top-level.

And to answer your accusation, I was an IVF baby. So I find that 'witty and intelligent response' very insulting. It's shame YOU are a rovers fan. I'd expect that sort of thing from a dingle.

I dont know why people are getting upset about fans who have paid their money complaining when they dont feel entertained. It's partly disappointment about the lack of positivity in Sam's tactics but also the fact that yesterday was pretty damned boring to watch! The excitement in football is primarily around the possibility of scoring and when the starting 11 was named I said 'There's no goals coming from those 11' and I was sad to be proved right. Roberts was marked out of the game and with no-one else forward for long periods it was frustrating to see us winning the ball in midfield then having no attacking options.

Tactically I think Sam got it wrong yesterday and to not be more attack-minded in a home game against beatable opposition doesnt bode well for the rest of the season.

Archived