BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N01 Bburn End - Disgrace

He's not making things any better with his comments in todays LET:

The fans wanted to see an up and at 'em game which is the way we normally play but we played on Tuesday night and it was very warm today.

:o

We were very patient, we played some really good football {...} and we completetly snuffed out a West Ham side who are known for their flair and their passing game

:huh:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'and we completetly snuffed out a West Ham side who are known for their flair and their passing game'

Our six defensive players nearly snuffed out the attacking threat of Carlton Cole, I seem to remember he did have a couple of good chances.

Perhaps the problem is not in NO1 but the rest of the stand being so quiet and lacking in passion.

There is more passion in the Riverside - so that really says something about a "full" Blackburn End.

For years it was the drummers fault. Clearly not the case.

still think it'll take some time for the atmos to get going again after being muffled by the drummer for so long.

So why not do it sooner is the question that comes back? You admit we were better after the substitutions? More likely to win? So did he did get it wrong initially? (Opinion based questions I know. I don't expect you to answer them)

Sam played for a point. He knew what he was doing and got it. I don't agree with it and I am not suggesting he should be replaced (just let me know next time - I won't waste the petrol, I can watch paint dry at home).

Do you think we could have beat West Ham?

and

Whats more important to you as a fan, not losing or winning?

Initially he wanted to keep it tight to give us a chance of all 3 points - he managed that, he then changed it - however we didnt manage to get the breakthrough.

We could have beat West Ham yes, but we didnt.

Most important to me is to support my club, to get behind the lads and try to spur them on as far as possible. If its gets bad then I will let my feelings known (as I did when Ince was in charge) - however 3 games into the season, in which we have seen 3 performances in which none of the opposition have outplayed us - im not about to start singing pathetic songs which clearly are not true.

If its gets bad then I will let my feelings known (as I did when Ince was in charge) - however 3 games into the season, in which we have seen 3 performances in which none of the opposition have outplayed us - im not about to start singing pathetic songs which clearly are not true.

Sorry Hughesy , Saturday they where true and as you say you will let your feelings known if it gets bad and that's what people where exactly doing - well Saturday was bad and IMO that is not football. May not have been the best chant or song but to me justified, except for the booing. It was supposed to be a Premier League football match FFS

As has been mentioned his comments will only go to rile the more vocal side of the Rovers support and probably drive away the more passionate and loyal.

Yet again we where at home and devoid of any ambition, idea or confidence - its not about the team gelling its about having some idea of how to win and having conviction to do it. The tactics employed where nothing short of naive and amateur despite his proclamation of being the No1 know it all. Not one throw in that I can remember from Pedersen on Saturday reached the head of a Rovers player.

Everybody could see what was required regardless of his excuses - we should never ever be setting up for 1 pt at home especially against the so called teams we are supposed to be competing against for places.

JAL

At the end of the day those who chanted 'you dont know what your doing' let themselves and the club down, complete numpties.

Their collective failure to understand the personnel available on saturday, the characteristics of those players and their abilities only goes to highlight big Sams comments that he knows best, which I completely agree with.

These fans must think every player is equal and capable of everything on a football field, get a grip NO1. The fans chanting attack, attack, attack is OK, but the 'you dont know what your doing' was, is, bang out of order and does everything about Blackburn Rovers football club a disservice.

A bit of kettle and black here eh Jal or has alzheimer's kicked in. -_-

Seemed to remember a certain argument campaign along similar lines against the virtues of a certain Mr Dunn last season... and him being selected.

However, on the issue of personnel available, surely that shouldn't stop us pressing further up the field when we're at home against a side who are average and had played 120 minutes 3 or 4 days earlier. A lot of frustration was in the face of negative tactics as basic as when we had the ball in their half for 3/4 of the game our midfield looked like they were under orders not to push too far forward.

I'm a fan of Sam generally speaking but it is certainly true we played far too deep in the first half. The only people looking to carry the ball were Dunn and Chimbonda. We couldn't get significant numbers up the pitch quick enough. It was sad and obvious, and could even have been rectified 30 mins in.

However Sam was petrified of losing this game which I suppose is understandable if frustrating.

Anyhow I think Sam will change approach next game. IMO he will keep the same formation against Wolves but drop Keef and NZonzi, partner Grella with Emerton deep, tasking Emerton with bringing the ball forward agressively which he is excellent at doing while Grella holds, and start Hoilett wide right to give us pace and support the main striker. He may also start Kalinic if he is feeling really bold (I hope he does personally). That would be a much more cohesive side who can break and move the ball.

I don't think he will go 442 unless Di Santo is fully fit which I don't think he will be. Andrews will be dropped unless there are injuries.

We are going to get a lot more adventurous because defensively we are an extremely good unit. This will breed lots of confidence and let midfielders commit to attacks.

Also if we all bowed to Sam's superior knowledge then it would be boring, we're entitled to question his tactics because we're Rovers fans. That's how it's always been and always will be.

Yes, indeed. That's why we all hang around this board isn't it?

:mellow: 3 games into the season and the crowd turn on the manager,he's beat ince by about ten games.like folk said on here last season the crowd will decide if the manager stays,does not look good for lardarse ^_^

It does not sound like you are a Rovers supporter. People were disalusioned with Ince during the close season - especially after the wolves game. If you are a Rovers supporter I suggest you give up your disapproval of Sam and get behind the club.

It does not sound like you are a Rovers supporter. People were disalusioned with Ince during the close season - especially after the wolves game. If you are a Rovers supporter I suggest you give up your disapproval of Sam and get behind the club.

:lol: best reply ever,what about us losing to bloddy dundee utd :lol:

:mellow: 3 games into the season and the crowd turn on the manager,he's beat ince by about ten games.like folk said on here last season the crowd will decide if the manager stays,does not look good for lardarse ^_^

Beat Ince by 10 games? Erm, I assume you don't count all the games last season then?

nightmare! didn't hear the prat on sat so thought we'd got rid.

It's not Billy anymore (since his arthritis played up) but if you notice after there's a big clapping spell after a shot on goal or something, and it's a dying down, Roar (or Roarina) start it up.

Just because I'm aware that we'd struggle to replace Allardyce with someone better doesn't mean that I have to meekly put up with his awful style of football and all the other baggage which comes with that awful slug of a man.

Afraid it does brightonrover.B)

A bit of kettle and black here eh Jal or has alzheimer's kicked in. -_-

Seemed to remember a certain argument campaign along similar lines against the virtues of a certain Mr Dunn last season... and him being selected.

Dunny is our last and quite possibly our only hope, back then he wasnt. He is overhyped by some on here but when hes sourounded by mediocrity currently at Rovers then yes, hes the best of a bad bunch in midfield.

No way was he MOM for me, he still looks too slow, and when we come up against stronger teams than your West Ham's he'll be buried alive on the field of play but for now because our expert manager hasnt improved the midfield its wait and see what happens in January.

I'm not at all confident if big Sam is looking at plodders like Nolan, Zenden etc.,Rovers must do better than this if they are prepared to pay 30k plus a week.

Dunny is our last and quite possibly our only hope, back then he wasnt. He is overhyped by some on here but when hes sourounded by mediocrity currently at Rovers then yes, hes the best of a bad bunch in midfield.

:o :o :o

If anyone knows the real JAL give him a ring and tell him someone knows his password for this site. :D

Why? I was here before the current manager (and will be here long after he has gone). I suspect given your witty and intelligent response I was also walking on Ewood long before your Daddy had managed to get your mummy drunk and have that terrible fumble that resulted in you.

And to answer your accusation, I was an IVF baby.

Best retort ever seen on here. Marvellous stuff.

Best retort ever seen on here. Marvellous stuff.

Glad you liked it. I hate when people slag off my parents when they don't even know ANYTHING about any members of my family, let alone myself. I was an IVF (cost 25k at the time - 1990) and was born May 19th (shud have been Aug 2nd). Severely under-developed. Died 5 times on my first day alive. My mother wasn't allowed to hold me for 4 months and I wasn't out of hospital for a year. As a result of the many operations and drugs I was subjected to, I have a moderate-to-severe hearing loss. I cannot imagine the trauma my parents went through at that time and I'm glad I can't remember it. As a warning to anyone who dares say a bad word about my parents again, you'll get a LOT of ###### thrown in your face. Literally if I must hahaha. Be warned OscarRaven/Arsenal fan ;P

Archived