BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N01 Bburn End - Disgrace

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed it was crap, but it by no means warranted booing!! Hell, we are 3 games into the season!! Weren't we in an excellent position under P*** I*** this time last season?

Well we had 4 points but had just lost to WHU 4-1 away. I'd be happier if we had four points. What was your point?

However we know that NO1 contains some of our more 'boisterous' fans (diplomatically speaking). That's where the majority of the trouble with standing occurs, that's where the £2 an hour chants come from, that's where the steward at the front got assaulted at the end of a game a couple of years go and that's where the idiot shamed the club with the Dwight Yorke abuse.

On another note, racism is rife in N01 I've noticed, and there's a poor young Asian lad sits there too who has to endure it.

N01 is getting some undeserved bad press here. I've never heard any racism where I sit (seat 1, up against the wall on the JW side, around half way up the stand) - so if it's "rife" it must be well over to the middle of the stand.

Neither have I heard any "2 pound an hour" in there - only ever heard that at away games. Some people stand towards the back - I guess that's why they have tickets towards the back.

I didn't join in the boos (I've never booed anything to do with Rovers) or the chants, but if I see much more like yesterday then I certainly won't be busting my ass to sing BFS's praises (or even come off the concourse).

There's another angle to all this. It's all very well the club offering amazing ST prices and picking up 4,000 new ST holders by doing so - but if that's how we play against a poor side like West Ham then they probably won't bother to use their tickets - and definitely won't renew them next summer.

And to the 4-4-2 / wrong sub / "is Hoilett a winger or forward conversation" - who cares??! At that stage of the game we should have been chasing a goal with all of Roberts, Kalinic and Hoilett on the pitch and with Dunn just behind them.

Not treating Samba like a giant yoyo every time we won a throw in and hoping for the best. Percentage football tactics at their very worst.

Well we had 4 points but had just lost to WHU 4-1 away. I'd be happier if we had four points. What was your point?

Sorry for not being clear. Was just saying that altho yesterday was dross, there is a long season to go yet. We WILL get bigger, better and stronger as the season goes on. Remember the Hughesy days, when we had to beat a big team before we went on a run of gud games?

N01 is getting some undeserved bad press here. I've never heard any racism where I sit (seat 1, up against the wall on the JW side, around half way up the stand) - so if it's "rife" it must be well over to the middle of the stand.

Neither have I heard any "2 pound an hour" in there - only ever heard that at away games. Some people stand towards the back - I guess that's why they have tickets towards the back.

I didn't join in the boos (I've never booed anything to do with Rovers) or the chants, but if I see much more like yesterday then I certainly won't be busting my ass to sing BFS's praises (or even come off the concourse).

There's another angle to all this. It's all very well the club offering amazing ST prices and picking up 4,000 new ST holders by doing so - but if that's how we play against a poor side like West Ham then they probably won't bother to use their tickets - and definitely won't renew them next summer.

And to the 4-4-2 / wrong sub / "is Hoilett a winger or forward conversation" - who cares??! At that stage of the game we should have been chasing a goal with all of Roberts, Kalinic and Hoilett on the pitch and with Dunn just behind them.

Not treating Samba like a giant yoyo every time we won a throw in and hoping for the best. Percentage football tactics at their very worst.

I'm on the back row, seat 11. I'm not talking racist chanting by groups, just pricks shouting stuff out. Considering moving at the moment cos I've got a short temper and will definitenly end up giving someone a good hiding unless things change soon!

Thats gonna happen, Individuals are gonna say stupid things (I even heard US fans singing "dirty water" to Haitians) The best you can do is either drown them out or tell them that they better shut up.

As for Booing Big Sam and Chanting "you don't know what your doing" I think you need to give him more time. The players clearly need to get to know one another as on numerous occasions we had men in space calling for the ball only for the ball to be played backwards or to the side. The young strikers need to settle in and find the net to get over that 1st hurdle. After that I think the goals will come.

As for "Arsenal style football" I think we can be entertaining without the free-flowing all out attacking football that so many of you are asking for. Give me 11 Men who never shy away from a tackle and who are passionate and that is all the excitement I need. Salgado and Savage are both players who don't fit the Arsenal style but are still exciting to watch.

N01 is getting some undeserved bad press here.

Well I've sat in NO3, just next to NO2 ever since the stand was built and I've seen far more issues with standing in that area than any other area in the ground (apart from the away fans obviously). It's also the only area I've ever heard the "2 pound and hour" chant.

as much as the supporters reaction the the substitutes was a disgrace, Sam's response to it is, in my opinion also a disgrace

Quote BBC attributed to Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce:

"We're building well, but the results are not reflecting that.

"We're creating chances but not taking them. At least we have got the defensive side sorted and we got stronger as the game went on and could have won it.

"We played the way we did because of the players we had available - and we played it very well. All you punters and supporters out there, leave it to me. I'm the expert, not you

Well I've sat in NO3, just next to NO2 ever since the stand was built and I've seen far more issues with standing in that area than any other area in the ground (apart from the away fans obviously). It's also the only area I've ever heard the "2 pound and hour" chant.

You sit in N03??!!

So somewhere on the higher side of seat 79 then ... N01 only goes as far as 46. It sounds to me like the problems you refer to are in the middle of the stand. In our block (seats 1 -> 14 - which is what many people wrongly perceive as being the whole of N01) I don't see or hear what you're alluding to other than the back couple of rows standing up.

I'll just add that I walked away from the game with the seat 79 from row 18/19/20 in the BBE lower after Pedersen's rocket in training smashed it hahaha. He has signed it and it's hanging above my bed!

Pedersen's rocket smashed through three seats?! 20 rows back!?

Can't have been one of his rocket throw ins - Alan Carr could get a better trajactory and more pace ...

Pedersen's rocket smashed through three seats?! 20 rows back!?

Can't have been one of his rocket throw ins - Alan Carr could get a better trajactory and more pace ...

It was one of those rows (think it was 19) and it's seat 79 hahaha. twas a thnderbolt of a shot in training that still had so much power in it after it had clipped the bar. That's how bloody hard it was.

as much as the supporters reaction the the substitutes was a disgrace, Sam's response to it is, in my opinion also a disgrace

Quote BBC attributed to Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce:

"We're building well, but the results are not reflecting that.

"We're creating chances but not taking them. At least we have got the defensive side sorted and we got stronger as the game went on and could have won it.

"We played the way we did because of the players we had available - and we played it very well. All you punters and supporters out there, leave it to me. I'm the expert, not you

Well he did say it with a smile BUT did he say anything innacurate?

At the end of the day those who chanted 'you dont know what your doing' let themselves and the club down, complete numpties.

Their collective failure to understand the personnel available on saturday, the characteristics of those players and their abilities only goes to highlight big Sams comments that he knows best, which I completely agree with.

These fans must think every player is equal and capable of everything on a football field, get a grip NO1. The fans chanting attack, attack, attack is OK, but the 'you dont know what your doing' was, is, bang out of order and does everything about Blackburn Rovers football club a disservice.

At the end of the day those who chanted 'you dont know what your doing' let themselves and the club down, complete numpties.

Their collective failure to understand the personnel available on saturday, the characteristics of those players and their abilities only goes to highlight big Sams comments that he knows best, which I completely agree with.

These fans must think every player is equal and capable of everything on a football field, get a grip NO1. The fans chanting attack, attack, attack is OK, but the 'you dont know what your doing' was, is, bang out of order and does everything about Blackburn Rovers football club a disservice.

They are their very own £2 per hour (from the dole) numpties. SA must know a bit cos he kept us up.

They are their very own £2 per hour (from the dole) numpties. SA must know a bit cos he kept us up.

Most reasoned supporters will agree that Allardyce is a knowledgeable and experienced manager who knows the game inside out but it's the style of play many both on here and at the ground don't want to have to put up with.

This argument comes down to whether we believe we could attract a better manager than Allardyce to the club under the current circumstances and, although I hate to admit it, we probably can't (certainly now our fingers have been burnt by the Ince gamble).

Just because I'm aware that we'd struggle to replace Allardyce with someone better doesn't mean that I have to meekly put up with his awful style of football and all the other baggage which comes with that awful slug of a man.

Even the experts get it wrong sometimes and it was obvious to most that swapping one striker for another was not the answer. We needed an exra man to take the weight off poor Roberts why had manfully tried all afternoon to take on the whole Waste Spam defence on his own.

It was the wrong substitution and everybody in the Blackburn End knew it and vented their frustration as they are perfectly entitled to do.

Was in the Darwin end for the game and whilst I was suprised to hear the booing so early into the season, I cannot recall a more frustrating game for rovers. We've played a lot worse on numerous occasions - I've sat through many matches where we just didn't turn up/played more shocking football. I've sat through many other games where we've been cheated out of points by the most farcial of refereeing decisions, when we've had the most horrendous luck ever where you really do think Lady Luck is playing for the opposition. However I can rarely think of a time when I've been more frustrated at a game.

Given that we - a) didn't turn in an abject performance, b ) didn't get screwed by the referee and c) luck certainly wasn't against us, in one way it's a bit odd that I and it seems many others were so frustrated. I think the reason is it seemed, not that we were being outclassed or things were against us, or even that we lacked the ability. But it looked as if we couldn't be bothered. We were on top, but it seemed like we couldn't be bothered to shoot, get bodies forward etc. and as a rovers fan that really hurts.

Now I'm not saying the booing was justified but I do think that not seeming to be bothered cuts fans very deeply, perhaps more so then being rubbish.

As for the Sam interview, yes he is right that it's only one game, and that he is an expert however the interview was a major PR error. Firstly an acknowledgement that it wasn't great would have been nice - we should have won. Secondly alienating the fans is a bad idea. No fans, no club, simple as.Ok you may say these are plastic fans - but every club needs their peripheral fans as well as the die hards. In fact the more fans, the better for rovers. Alienating them is not a smart move. Incidently, many die hards seem to be disappointed with the game without resorting to booing - and dismissing all dissatisfaction with such abrasive comments is hardly likely to endear Sam to them either.

Put another way, it would not have been hard for Sam to acknowledge the fans disappointment yet still reassure everyone he was in control and that it was one game. Something like: "I can understand the fans disappointment, that we had the better of the game but couldn't get the win. However, there were many positivies to take from the game, especially when you consider the players we had unavailable. Granted it was a bit disappointing but the performances have been good so far this season and this is the team and strategy which worked well for us last season.In the long run we'll be fine."

Amen to everything you said.

Put another way, it would not have been hard for Sam to acknowledge the fans disappointment yet still reassure everyone he was in control and that it was one game. Something like: "I can understand the fans disappointment, that we had the better of the game but couldn't get the win. However, there were many positivies to take from the game, especially when you consider the players we had unavailable. Granted it was a bit disappointing but the performances have been good so far this season and this is the team and strategy which worked well for us last season.In the long run we'll be fine."

Why does Sam have to spell it out in black and white - fans that actually know the positions of our players and that can see his tactics, and understand when he said that keeping a clean sheet was key wouldnt need it spelling out surely!?

Did Sams substitutions give us more of an attacking threat? simple answer - Yes. Therefore he clearly knew what he was doing without weakening us at the back too much.

Did Sams substitutions give us more of an attacking threat? simple answer - Yes. Therefore he clearly knew what he was doing without weakening us at the back too much.

So why not do it sooner is the question that comes back? You admit we were better after the substitutions? More likely to win? So did he did get it wrong initially? (Opinion based questions I know. I don't expect you to answer them)

Sam played for a point. He knew what he was doing and got it. I don't agree with it and I am not suggesting he should be replaced (just let me know next time - I won't waste the petrol, I can watch paint dry at home).

But two more straight forward questions for you:

Do you think we could have beat West Ham?

and

Whats more important to you as a fan, not losing or winning?

But two more straight forward questions for you:

Do you think we could have beat West Ham?

and

Whats more important to you as a fan, not losing or winning?

Not before the game no. At half-time yes.

Second question depends on context I'm afraid so I don't see it as straight-forward. If you've lost two games on the trot then I'd say not losing. Without that baggage then winning. Maybe that's why we attacked far more against Man City - a team who patently carried more of a threat than West Ham

I sit in NO1 towards the back and didn't get involved with the 'You don't know what you're doing'- I agree that it's not needed and probably the people who sang aspire to be like the Newcastle fans who turn up on SSN every six months wanting a new manager.

However, on the issue of personnel available, surely that shouldn't stop us pressing further up the field when we're at home against a side who are average and had played 120 minutes 3 or 4 days earlier. A lot of frustration was in the face of negative tactics as basic as when we had the ball in their half for 3/4 of the game our midfield looked like they were under orders not to push too far forward.

Also if we all bowed to Sam's superior knowledge then it would be boring, we're entitled to question his tactics because we're Rovers fans. That's how it's always been and always will be.

Archived