BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Chants

• Backroom

Ultras = Chavs

Don't be stupid. Have you ever been to Stanley and seen them? They're anything but chavs, they are real, passionate fans and would do anything for their club. For example, when Stanley were about to be folded these lads raised over £250,000 to keep the club alive, they did this by doing bucket collections and places such as Ewood, Anfield and Old Trafford and by selling their own things and doing various charity activities. Now my definition of a chav is someone who walks around doing naff all all day and spends all their money on drugs. These lads are anything but, i assure you.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be stupid. Have you ever been to Stanley and seen them? They're anything but chavs, they are real, passionate fans and would do anything for their club. For example, when Stanley were about to be folded these lads raised over £250,000 to keep the club alive, they did this by doing bucket collections and places such as Ewood, Anfield and Old Trafford and by selling their own things and doing various charity activities. Now my definition of a chav is someone who walks around doing naff all all day and spends all their money on drugs. These lads are anything but, i assure you.

Sorry mate don't think that chant will catch on - bit too wordy & doesn't really scan

I mean it must be a chant - it's in the new chants section??!!

Now my definition of a chav is someone who walks around doing naff all all day and spends all their money on drugs. These lads are anything but, i assure you.

The dictionary definition is

chav (tʃæv)

— n

informal , derogatory ( Southern English ) a young working-class person whose tastes, although sometimes expensive, are considered vulgar by some

[perhaps from Romany chavi a child]

but that doesn't really scan either...

bugger - I'm sure there's a chant in there somewhere - just waiting to be found!

:lol: :lol:

Some bloke was singing this in the 'Fox and Hounds' after the Burnley away game last year. Most songs on here are usually far too wordy to catch on with the masses. This may be the same, but here it is (to the tune of 'Super Calla Fraglistic Exbeallydoshus')

Super Niko Kalinic our Striker from Croatia,

Everytime he gets the ball you know that you're in danger,

He can score from anywhere, a tap in or long ranger,

Super Niko Kalinic out Striker from Croatia.

To the tune of, Brimful Of Asha - Cornershop, if the purchase takes place that is.

We've got more money than in 95,

Yeah, we've got more money than in 95,

We've got more money than in 95,

Yeah, we've got more money than in 95.

Repeat until sick.

Disclaimer – In no way, shape, or form was this post intended to be racist. The band named itself such and in no way does the poster think, or believes, that everyone of Indian decent owns a corner shop. Moreover, corner shops are a necessity and a fine institution, giving low prices and convenience to the local population that would otherwise have to travel great distances for a packet of crisps, Mars Bar, Cornetto, pack of cigarettes, beer, slightly brown bananas, that Bombay mix stuff that is fantastic –except the ones that have those raisins in, can’t stand a bloody raisin in something that is supposed to be spicy, - magazines of a skin nature, and so on.

Disclaimer – In no way, shape, or form was this post intended to be racist. The band named itself such and in no way does the poster think, or believes, that everyone of Indian decent owns a corner shop. Moreover, corner shops are a necessity and a fine institution, giving low prices and convenience to the local population that would otherwise have to travel great distances for a packet of crisps, Mars Bar, Cornetto, pack of cigarettes, beer, slightly brown bananas, that Bombay mix stuff that is fantastic –except the ones that have those raisins in, can’t stand a bloody raisin in something that is supposed to be spicy, - magazines of a skin nature, and so on.

:lol: oh, we are a funny lot...

How about this for M B Diouf, don't know the name of the tune- think its 'swanee'.

Ooohh mamee, maaamee,

I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals,

Oh maaamee.

It might be a start but it certainly beats the 'booing' noise we have for him now.

• Backroom

How about to the tune of Daddy Cool...

mama, mama diouf

mama, mama diouf etc.

Heard this from the BBE on Tuesday.

Sounded great when villa fans sang something similar at Ewood last year. In fact in the league cup game here they were great.

We ended up utilising their renditions of Kumbaya at Turf moor adapted to suit.

To the tune of Anarchy in UK:

I am an Rovers fan,

I come from Eng-er-land,

I know what I want, and I know how to get it,

I`ll hate Burnley, till I die,

Cuz iiiiii, wanna beeee at Rovers(Dont know what to have there, help please?)!

Would love it if we could use Anarchy in UK.. Best chant tune ever!

I remember the buckets going round, but I thought it was Ilyas Khan who ponied up the £300K for the taxman last year?

To the tune of Manmana - The Muppets song - (or the Banana Boat song as it's known here in Aus)

Mame Biram

Dioooooouf

Mame Biram

Diooooouf

Mame Biram

Diouf Diouf

Diouf Diouf

Diouf da da Diouf

looks rubbish written down but get the tune in your head & it CAN and does work

needs to be a tune everybody knows & not very many words - works on every level!!!!!

I expect to hear it at the Arsenal game tonight - OR ELSE!!!!!

I remember the buckets going round, but I thought it was Ilyas Khan who ponied up the £300K for the taxman last year?

I am not sure of the exact numbers but they got most of the money but came short. Ilyas Khan came up at the last minuite with the rest.

I go to Stanley and sing with the ultras whenever Rovers aren't playing. They are very, very good - every week. They raise money themselves for the flags and are extremely organised. All their songs are original and very easy to learn. I went to Doncaster with them in the 1st round of the carling cup and the Doncaster fans on their messageboard were full of praise for them. Little numbers, big noise, non stop for 90 mins. Those lads are brilliant. B)

They were a couple I really liked----one they sang just about all the first half---"oh Accy Stanley" etc and a version of Sex Pistols "Anarchy". What surprised me was that I never heard all the traditional songs that you hear on every ground. Original and very impressive.

To the tune of Manmana - The Muppets song - (or the Banana Boat song as it's known here in Aus)

Mame Biram

Dioooooouf

Mame Biram

Diooooouf

Mame Biram

Diouf Diouf

Diouf Diouf

Diouf da da Diouf

looks rubbish written down but get the tune in your head & it CAN and does work

needs to be a tune everybody knows & not very many words - works on every level!!!!!

I expect to hear it at the Arsenal game tonight - OR ELSE!!!!!

Not bad, but needs a bit of work - Still doesn't quite scan.

For instance the final line hasn't quite got the right number of sylables to work with the tune - it would be better to end with

da da dada da

Ma me Biram Diouf

In fact surely a simple

Mame Biram

do do do doodoo

Mame Biram

do do do do

Mame Biram

do do do doodoo

do do doodoo

do do doodoo

do doodoo, doodoo

MA-ME BI-RAM DIOUF!

Is easier?

And you get to shout the end bit nice and loud.

I'm sure there is something to be made from Bohemian Rhapsody:

Mame, just scored a goal

Put the ball into the net

Pulled his shirt over his head

Mameeeee Diiiiooooouuuuuuffffff

In every game he does score

That song would be far more suited to Keith Andrews.

Well, do hear that sound? Not? It's because there is nobody laughing. Btw thanks for the constructive feedback.

That song would be far more suited to Keith Andrews.

Well, do hear that sound? Not? It's because there are nobody laughing. Btw thanks for the constructive feedback.

Archived