BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea V Rovers Preview

colin

Colin

An excellent preview- clearly evident that you've put a decent amount of time into compiling this- Well done- funny too.

I've avoided the forum for a few days as having only just returned from cloud nine, I felt that I may type something ridiculous- however reality prevails and I fear it'll be a similar game to the back end of last season. We'll concede an early goal, and then keep it reasonable until 10-15 mins from the end. 2-0

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of silly though. Di Santo leaves Chelsea on loan because they don't let him play for them, and now he can't play against them either.

There would be far too many accusations of match fixing if the player had a bad game though. Imagine how people would react on here if Di Santo scored an own goal? Most already think there is big conspiracy against us, I think that would tip a few over the edge.

It would be even worse for goalkeepers as they are far more likely to make a game-deciding mistake. The tabloids would have a field day if Joe Hart dropped a clanger against Man City that allowed them to win the game, for example.

It's a shame though, because it does make the team loaning the player weaker for two games a season - quite significantly so in our case. I guess it's just a price you accept you're going to pay for having that player on loan.

Personally, I was happy with what I saw against burnley, as we mixed it up. Now, to keep that on topic: I don't see why DiSanto not being available has to be so bad. We aren't expected to win, so this is a game to change things around and try things out. I have reviewed since my last team and think that Benni and Kalinic up top, would be a VERY decent proposition.We have shown that we don't solely rely on long-ball, so maybe we could try passing and attacking more?

-----------Robbo------------

Chimbonda-Samba-Nelsen-Givet

Hoilett---Emerton---Pedersen

-----------Dunn-------------

-------Benni---Kalinic------

Some would argue that's a strong team!! Trouble is, Allardyce seems to dislike Benni and Kalinic still seems unready. But it would be nice to AT LEAST see that back 4 and those involved in that midfield. We aren't expected to win so TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!! This let's us see our options and may just spring a surprise on Chelski!

I'll go with a draw too funnily enough (though I think we are more likely to get a draw against ManUre). I'll go for 1-1 as well, with Chelski scoring first (probably Anelka) but Rovers clawing one back in the dying minutes as Hoilett goes on a run a la Barnes vs Brazil (but from the right!)

:rover: i hope we go to stamford bridge with the attitude we went to the emirates,we will have our centre backs back,hopefully we will not play roberts,i would rather see benni and junior up front.all we must do is close players down,forgot it twice on sunday,and 6 times at the arse :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

12 goals conceded in the last 4 games seems to indicate we have a problem defensively. I don't think however the keeper and the back four are entirely to blame for this.

Much of the problem seems to be ahead of them in the midfield and even the forwards.

I don't think the wide midfielders are doing enough defensively and the forwards are not holding onto the ball as well as they should be.

The problems in central midfield are too many to mention.

Andrews will be in the team at Chelsea so we will lose. Very depressing.

We haven't scored in the last 6 games against Cheslsea and have only won 1 in 12.

3/4/5 - 0

An excellent preview- clearly evident that you've put a decent amount of time into compiling this- Well done- funny too.

Thanks Salty. Much appreciated. You're not a teacher by any chance are you? Maybe you( & everyone else,) should have a go at doing one. It's quite a satifying job.

I expect a royal bum-doing.

And thank you Mr Bryan. Would you care to expand on this phenomenon? If it involves Diana, that butler chap, & a tube of KY Jelly we probably don't need to know.

Chelsea have been so effortlessly superior in their 4-0 trot against Atletico Madrid it was frightening! And that was with 4 regulars out.

Ref had a big bright yellow whistle- I thought he was very free with his bookings until I realised what he was waving.

Having watched Atletico Madrid against Chelsea, i must admit that im a bit relieved they won. It would have been worse for us, if they lost to A Madrid off the back of the Villa loss. However, im confident we wont lose by 6 again, but its either a Chelsea win, or we battle to a hard earned point. C'mon you Blues!

Thanks Salty. Much appreciated. You're not a teacher by any chance are you? Maybe you( & everyone else,) should have a go at doing one. It's quite a satifying job.

Not a teacher- was warned by me Dad not to go into the profession or he'd disown me however, my three parents (don't ask) have been or actually are teachers.

As for the previews, I've done my fair share the latest being the Wolves preview in September

Happy days the annual family battle!!

I'm hopeful this year after putting together some warped logic that we can get all three points.

Here's why:

Rovers beat Villa, Villa beat Chelsea, so........

Well at least thats what I'm telling the Rushki's in the family.

Until Abramovitch took over and poured millions in, we had never lost a Premier League game at Stamford Bridge. Home yes away no! However its gone pear-shaped since then. Villa beating them last week and Di Santo missing makes it mission impossible. A draw and I'd be ecstatic.

Keith Andrews vs Michael Essien. What an exciting match up...

Expect plenty of direct stuff bypassing our midfield because their midfield is far, far superior than ours.

We have super Roberts in our corner though, iirc i remember reading an interview with John Terry saying that Roberts was one of the hardest strikers he has ever played against. He was immense against Chelsea in that FA Cup semi final...

Archived