BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea V Rovers Preview

colin

Does anyone else think this bug story may just be a cover up?? I'm trying not to be cynical but maybe Sam see's it as a no win game? I know some of you will probably slate me for it but just a thought.

Also I reckon one of the centre backs may be affected by it as Jones is in the squad and only played 45 mins for reserves last night.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I prefer 4-4-2, I dont think that Big Sam wants to change matters for Dunn who is not only our top scorer but our only consistent scorer. The way he is playing at the moment, I think we should ask him (Dunn)where he wants to play and tell him the rest will fit in around him. Becoming as important for Blackburn as Gerrard is to Liverpool?

Agreed, Dunn is probably in the top 5 league performers so far this season (even without my blue and white tinted glasses on). Lets go all out for a win tomorrow - we'll probably lose but I dont think it will be anywhere near as bad as Arsenal.

Tricky one, if we could scrape a draw it would be a tremendous result. Go for broke and get humiliated or shut up shop and get broken down by one of their many stars?

Can't see us doing anything other than battling for a 0-0, they are probably too good to let that happen but you never know. I'd like to see us try and keep it tight at least till half time, perhaps if they get the first goal then we should try and force it a bit more.

Any points is a bonus though, not many teams get any at the Bridge and there on decent form other than the Villa result.

I'd give Kalinic a run out, a bad game shouldn't destroy his confidence against a defence like Chelsea's and if he could come up with a goal it could kick start his season. Think it's gonna be Roberts on his own sadly, shame Di Santo can't play, hopefully Dunny can come up with the goal, set pieces are probably our best hope, launch it and let's all do the Samba!

I think we'll get nobbed, especially since Di Santo isn't available. So I'm going to be a bit mad and suggest this formation:

Robinson

Emerton Nelsen Samba Givet Chimbonda

Nzonzi Salgardo/Reid/Pedersen*

Dunn

Benni Kalinic

*I'm being indecisive, and can't decide who goes in.

Emerton and Chimbonda are wingbacks and given a bit of license to bomb forward. If it doesn't work, then that XI can be rejigged into a 4-3-1-2. With Givet at LB, Chimbonda at RB and Emerton in midfield. All this is to try and keep Dunn in the current position he is enjoying.

Can't believe that I'm suggesting this but I would go 4:4:1:1 with Dunn "in t'ole" playing Tonto behind the lone ranger that is our very own Samba..........

They don't like it up 'em ;)

Big Chris would do a far better job than that donkey Roberts up front, but we need his pace at the back. If we play Roberts in a lone striker role can't see us scoring from open play.

Can't believe that I'm suggesting this but I would go 4:4:1:1 with Dunn "in t'ole" playing Tonto behind the lone ranger that is our very own Samba..........

They don't like it up 'em ;)

That's actually far from being the worst idea, Cech has been dodgy at best in recent times when it comes to crossing, without Di Santo up there it may well be an option to just play the lump it up to the big man tactics.

RVR is right though, without him at the back we really lack the pace to deal with Drogba, Anelka, Kalou and company.

It depends on the formation of course. As you said, he is not the right person to play up front on his own but we've been playing one up front all season because of the players at Sam's disposal and that we've settled into this formation.

Even so, where else are we going to find a striker with Benni's finishing ability for a few million (when £5m apparently buys you Kevin Davies)?

If we ever go 4-4-2 then for the foreseeable future there is always going to be a place in the starting XI for Benni. We all know he scores goals and we all know that on that level alone he is our best striker.

But no, let's get rid Al.

If we are going to play 4-4-2 who is going to be our other striker? Are we going to buy another striker to accomodate Benni? If so where do we put Dunny who is undoubtably our best player?

We have no room for a striker who does not pull his weight. Benni is a luxury we cannot afford and should be sold. (If anybody will have him on his wages.)

If we are going to play 4-4-2 who is going to be our other striker? Are we going to buy another striker to accomodate Benni? If so where do we put Dunny who is undoubtably our best player?

We have no room for a striker who does not pull his weight. Benni is a luxury we cannot afford and should be sold. (If anybody will have him on his wages.)

It seems that Benni is needed to save South Africa's world cup dreams:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8323213.stm

due to the fact that they only play one upfront I would go for a 3-5-2 and have a go at them nothing to lose as we are expected to lose. so have go and see what happens. :blink:

... that's actually not a bad idea. Givet-Samba-Nelsen as the back line. Pedersen and Emerton on the wings, even playing more of a wing back position. Grella and N'zonzi in the centre, with Dunn further up and McCarthy with either Roberts or Kalinic. Of course it won't happen haha but I could see it as a fair option...

... that's actually not a bad idea. Givet-Samba-Nelsen as the back line. Pedersen and Emerton on the wings, even playing more of a wing back position. Grella and N'zonzi in the centre, with Dunn further up and McCarthy with either Roberts or Kalinic. Of course it won't happen haha but I could see it as a fair option...

It could be totally impossible as we don't know which senior players it is who have the virus

due to the fact that they only play one upfront I would go for a 3-5-2 and have a go at them nothing to lose as we are expected to lose. so have go and see what happens. :blink:

When is the last time you saw Chelsea play?!

They do not play one up front, Drogba and Anelka are upfront together with a midfield diamond behind them.

They play 4-1-2-1-2. Drogba is back from injury. They look really menacing. I just hope it stays below a deficit of 3. Good luck to the Rovers, I look forward to the team sheet this evening :rover:

A victory tonight will be keeping our goal difference competitive. Anything more and I'll be over the moon!!

I think the lads should play a high tempo and just give it a good go. We're pathetic at shutting shop and seeing the game out, so let's throw caution to the wind when we're expected to lose emphatically anyway!

I was thinking along similar lines for when Franco goes back to Chelsea in January. Can't see it working today tho' without Samba and Dunny :(

Archived