BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

keeping tabs on a portuguese called Ukra

Ukra

He is a good prospect but I'm not sure he would make it in the Premier League.

Plus, he is a FC Porto player so he wouldn't be as cheap as he could if he was a OLhanense player.

A Rovers Scout was in Belenses - Maritimo qa few days ago. I'm going to check out who might be their interest.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we are after Atiba Hutchinson who plays for FC Copenhagen in the Danish league.

Taken from Wiki:

He is 26 years old, born in Canada.

He can play anywhere across the midfield and as a supporting striker.

Quick summary from the article which is in danish:

His contract runs out this summer and nothing points in the direction of renewing it. Hutchinson has had a dream to play in a better league for many years.

Blackburn are going to have scouts tonight at the FCK - CFR Cluj match to watch him.

Rovers watching Hutchinson(In Danish)

I'm keen to see what happens in Jan.

Benni wants out, Roberts will as well if Kali and Di Santo (provided he stays) play up top together. I'm hopeful we'll persist with our current tactics which hopefully mean we can shift one or two on.

-------------Robbo------------

Salgado---Samba--Nelsen---Chimbonda

---Emerton---N'zonzi---Pedersen---

--------------Dunn----------------

--------Kalinic---Di Santo------

With Benni gone we'd need a back-up for Dunn, Junior (he'll stay if he plays) can then have roberts role as 4th. But should Roberts bark as well we'd need a seasoned striker and a Dunn type player as well. I'd love to see us nip in for Guti and wonder if he sees Salgado doing well here, you never know. The two roles (should Roberts decide he good enough to start) that we would need to fill are probably the most expensive ones around.

For me the only new business I'd be doing in Jan is getting a back-up for Dunn. If those three in the middle can keep playing like that then we'll be fine. Grella, Keith, Reid?? can more than cover. But if we play this way then I don't see much of future for Diouf, especially since he's on 40K a week. But I doubt Sam will move him on, but for me he's a bench player.

Defensively Jacobsen, Givet, Olsson and Jones are more than adequate, so Khis can definitly go if we can find him a club as well. Dump, Brown promote Fielding to back-up, and we can shift another. Add in Vanheerden we have a quick wide option (how did he do last night?).

Jan sales for me.

Benni

Khis

Diouf

If that doesn't knock the 5 million off the wage bill and generate some funds then who knows. But I'd be more than happy with 5 million in fee's (those three alone must be on 100K a week, between them & we might even be able to stretch to Di Santo provided he's cheap and Bentley plays) for those guys and Guti on loan with a view. We've already covered the 5 million this year with Warnock, I believe. So we can afford him if those guys go, easy.

I'd be looking to ride that out too the summer and think we'd do well but we'd have to be confident in Emerton/Dunn/Reid not re-lapsing and to date with the exception of Dunn hobbling off the other game so far so good, touch wood. Don't forget in the summer we may need to look at home for players to fulfil the new criteria so I'm keen to wait till then, take stock and see what we can get? Because British players of any standard are as always over priced, unless there's one or two who's contracts are running down?

Club grown

Jones

Hoillet

Dunn

Olsson

Home

Robbo

Roberts

Reid

Keith

I be looking to sell three of those in the summer if possible, but then we'd need to figure out who the hell we get to replace them????

I'd be well happy if in Jan we could get Di Santo permanently and sign a Dunn back up if we can shift out the deadwood.

Another issue is that we have many out on loan. Provided wages are paid elsewhere this is all very well, but if these boys are costing, combined with many squad players who will never see the first team, then we will have more dead wood than the Mary Celeste and need to grow a pair to make some hard decisions and offload. Lean and mean.

Apparently we are after Atiba Hutchinson who plays for FC Copenhagen in the Danish league.

Taken from Wiki:

He is 26 years old, born in Canada.

He can play anywhere across the midfield and as a supporting striker.

Quick summary from the article which is in danish:

His contract runs out this summer and nothing points in the direction of renewing it. Hutchinson has had a dream to play in a better league for many years.

Blackburn are going to have scouts tonight at the FCK - CFR Cluj match to watch him.

Rovers watching Hutchinson(In Danish)

Does he qualify for a work permit? I doubt we'd get through another appeal hearing if we can't hang on to Hoilett.

Gareth Bale looked promising going forward against United. I wonder if we could sign him as a converted left-winger?

Has he broken his curse of losing every game he plays in yet?

Home grown players are difficult (and costly) to come by, but a sneeky loan bid for Gibson at Man U may be worth a shout!!

Snodgrass at Leeds is a left footer and quite a decent player too!!

I would really give Hoilett a role now, the lads ready, give him a run of a few games and he will really come alive!!

Does he qualify for a work permit? I doubt we'd get through another appeal hearing if we can't hang on to Hoilett.

I don't think a work permit would be a problem...he's been starting for the CAN national team for quite a few years now. That said I don't think he would bring much to Rovers. Principally a holding MF and in my mind, much too similar to Grella and Nzonzi....but who knows. Still another Canadian would be nice, especially as Junior looks set to move on quickly.

Just spotted this - is this the young defender Nicko was talking about in Summer??

Blackburn Rovers are understood to have failed in our attempts to bring Dionatan Nascimento to Ewood Park.

The 17-year-old is understood to have agreed a three-year contract with Rovers after we beat a host of other clubs to the signature of the Brazilian youngster, however, skysports.com understands that the deal has fallen through after a work permit wasn't issued and he'll now stay with Slovakian club MFK Kosice

Archived