BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

nicko, any progress on Di Santo?

Also is Sam inclined to keep Benni after the last week and his two starts or just a little "bump" on the road, so to speak?

Rovers are relying on Chelsea signing another striker first...then the picture will be clearer.

It's delicate. You can't appear to be too keen or the price goes up, but at the same time you need a straight answer.

I suspect it is still on for Franco to sign permanently or extend his loan, but there is only so long you can wait.

On Benni, he seems to be ahead of Jason Roberts in the pecking order just now. However I believe he will be moved on if the right offer comes up.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy claims he is signing, but I would just be a bit cautious on this one being tied up for a couple of reasons.

His cap count may not get him a work permit.

And he was at Celtic recently and they said no.

However Rovers are looking for a cover centre half...

So, it's one to be watched over the next 24-48 hours.

Zurab out maybe? This Osman fella has played 25 times for Hondorus according to Wiki and thats is since the beginning of 2008!?? :blink:

At 25 a centre back, but can also play full-back. If we could shift Zurab out and bring this lad in then we would probably save £20k a week in wages.

He is nicknamed "El Tierno"(The baby).

Nicko, do you know anything about this supposed falling out at Stoke? Am I making it up that there was a bit of interest from Sam for Beattie last year? In light of this could he revive that especially if we don't keep Di Santo or sell one of the other strikers?

There was a problem between Pulis and Beattie but this has been building for weeks.

Stoke will sell him. But he may well be past his sell-by date.

There was a problem between Pulis and Beattie but this has been building for weeks.

Stoke will sell him. But he may well be past his sell-by date.

I know where your coming from Nicko but look what Sam did with fat Kevin Davies. Beggers can't be choosers and if Beattie became available I think we could do worse than snap him up. Another local lad in the squad would do us no harm whatsoever.

I know where your coming from Nicko but look what Sam did with fat Kevin Davies. Beggers can't be choosers and if Beattie became available I think we could do worse than snap him up. Another local lad in the squad would do us no harm whatsoever.

Beattie is in and out of an ordinary Stoke team.

He is also on a huge wage and wants a long-term deal.

You are better with what you have.

There was a brief spell when you had Di Santo, Kalinic and Hoilett in your attack on Saturday. Now THAT is the kind of future you want.

Kind of missed this rumour speculation. No idea of this Honduras fellow but if he isn´t expensive and has potential, why not? After the World Cup his worth could be ten times than now. Who knows. Zura will probably leave permanently and Jones isn´t ready to play PL yet.

Nicko, any idea how much is MGP worth in January? £1M sounds the price for me. No point to sell Reidy for few pennies. Let´s keep him and let him go on summer if he doesn´t reach the level he was. We should also sell Tracey and some other out loaned players.

Nothing on this Bosnian guy besides one story in NOTW? Seems kind of strange one. And no to Beattie from here if won´t take a huge pay cut.

We saw at Arsenal what happens if Samba and Nelsen are unavailable. You imagine this guy will be on very low wages and the Hondurans to come over here so far have adapted very well, I think it's worth a shot.

It's incredibly unrealistic to expect Jones to play a role over the next few years. I can't think of any other centre backs anywhere near his age playing in the Premier League. I think a loan spell would be the best thing for his career at this point in time.

There was a brief spell when you had Di Santo, Kalinic and Hoilett in your attack on Saturday. Now THAT is the kind of future you want.

So are Liam Lawrence and Sanli Tuncay. It feels pretty much like Pulis has a formula, and if you don't like that formula and emulate yourself to be exactly like it your'e not in his plans. Still, even if we could get Beattie in with a wage-cut I'd much prefer if we strengthened in midfield.

Nicko, any idea how much is MGP worth in January? £1M sounds the price for me. No point to sell Reidy for few pennies. Let´s keep him and let him go on summer if he doesn´t reach the level he was. We should also sell Tracey and some other out loaned players.

Nothing on this Bosnian guy besides one story in NOTW? Seems kind of strange one. And no to Beattie from here if won´t take a huge pay cut.

I don't think there is any point in selling MGP unless the bid is good - and that would have to be £1.5 million plus.

Even if he goes for nothing in the summer he could contribute in the months that are left.

As I am not aware of a queue forming for him I would imagine he will just play out his time at Ewood.

No more word on the Bosnian. The source I have near his camp suggests there is nothing doing there yet.

I don't think there is any point in selling MGP unless the bid is good - and that would have to be £1.5 million plus.

Even if he goes for nothing in the summer he could contribute in the months that are left.

As I am not aware of a queue forming for him I would imagine he will just play out his time at Ewood.

No more word on the Bosnian. The source I have near his camp suggests there is nothing doing there yet.

I agree, MGP is worth more staying on our books until the end of the season rather than let him go in January for a pittance. We'd be lucky to get close to a million with only months left on his contract never mind his performances. If nobody comes in for him we should offer him a pay as you play deal, give him the chance to re-invent himself.

I agree, MGP is worth more staying on our books until the end of the season rather than let him go in January for a pittance. We'd be lucky to get close to a million with only months left on his contract never mind his performances. If nobody comes in for him we should offer him a pay as you play deal, give him the chance to re-invent himself.

Gamst won´t sign bad deal. He will find a new club and probably even on better wages because he is free. We can keep sell him soon but that isn´t a good option. Even worse is to extend his conratct and to be stuck with him couple more years. Anyway, we don´t need him.

I agree with you about Beattie, this time last year I would have snatched his hand off but not now. If he's not a regular in the Stoke side he's not good enough for us. We could make the same mistake as we have with Diouf. That fact that he's a local lad shouldn't be in the equation.

As for another centre half, well Nelsen's not getting any younger, Chimbonda's only a stand in there, Jones is a season or two off and we're going to have an almighty struggle holding onto Samba. I can see the sense in looking to the future in this position.

Archived