BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lighten up pal, it wasn't a comment it was a rhetorical question early evening as the snow glistens in the dark through my office window, designed to elicit a some thought provoking responses. Clearly I set my sights too high .

Thought provoking response are you for real ?

Are you getting us confused with Blackpool they do the donkey rides on Blackpool beach not in Blackburn.

I think Donovan could be useful on the left hand side. He's been playing left wing for the US for the last year now. He'd fit in well with a mid table team in the EPL or La Liga.

On that note, Everton is allegedly seeking to sign Donovan on a temporary deal in January. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234347/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-targets-January-swoop-David-Beckhams-LA-Galaxy-team-mate-Landon-Donovan.html

I'm not sure of Sam's transfer plans (who is), but I think Donovan would be a steal. He radiates intensity and doesn't quit.

On that note, Everton is allegedly seeking to sign Donovan on a temporary deal in January. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234347/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-targets-January-swoop-David-Beckhams-LA-Galaxy-team-mate-Landon-Donovan.html

I'm not sure of Sam's transfer plans (who is), but I think Donovan would be a steal. He radiates intensity and doesn't quit.

I think he's ######. He's flopped every time he has been in Europe. It's a joke when I keep hearing people like Shaun Wheelock on World Football's phone in going on about how great he is. He's getting towards 30 and is still messing around in the pissling MLS.

I'd rather us go for someone like Gareth Bale for the left...

Spurs are great at ruining young talent. Bale has the ability but needs to leave WHL to realise his potential.

I'd have him here in a flash, I think he'll be a great player once he leaves there.

Looks good on the ball LeChuck, but can't defend to save his life.

20 years old, decent left-peg, resale value. I'd take him, but primarily as a winger.

He'll be on top money at Spurs, and it's beyond me why we'd sign a player you hasn't done anything in the Prem for the last two seasons. He's made 16 league appearances last season and 8 appearances the season before that. Also he is plagued by injuries.

He'll be on top money at Spurs, and it's beyond me why we'd sign a player you hasn't done anything in the Prem for the last two seasons. He's made 16 league appearances last season and 8 appearances the season before that. Also he is plagued by injuries.

Fair point about injuries, but the bottom line is Spurs go out and ruin players by trying to play too many fancy dans without the water carriers, and are very quick (even quicker than us!) to make scape goats.

Same deal as Chimbonda, Bent, Mendes, Bentley, Sean Davis etc etc. If you get the player out of Spurs he has a very decent chance of performing to a very high level.

As opposed to being one of seven or so flair players on the pitch at Spurs he would be one of two or three at Rovers. Which, much like Bentley, would give him much more security, playing time and much more of the ball to build confidence and understanding with his team mates. I think the chances of getting quality out of him are pretty good.

However as Spurs paid 15m and he is probably on 40k minimum it is hard to see how we would be able to afford his wages or any prospective transfer fee.

Looks good on the ball LeChuck, but can't defend to save his life.

He'd be ideal for us, with Givet as the left sided centre half. Bale has a left foot, for a start.

Anyone who wouldn't want him here is in cloud cuckoo land.

However as Spurs paid 15m and he is probably on 40k minimum it is hard to see how we would be able to afford his wages or any prospective transfer fee.

I thought it was £5m, raising to £10m on appearances?

Straight swap Benni for Beattie ?

:blink: WTF!

No thanks - however id take Beattie for Roberts......

Rumours that Beattie tried to sort it out with Pullis, but he refused to meet him in private. He has been told re-capture your form or you can go in January and only has 18months on his deal left.

Id say straight swap for Roberts and offer him a 2 year deal. Blackburn lad and will try his hardest for us - he will also give us some very good ability in the air from corners.

He'd be ideal for us, with Givet as the left sided centre half. Bale has a left foot, for a start.

Anyone who wouldn't want him here is in cloud cuckoo land.

Sorry Toogs, but Bale's crap. Did you see that Everton kid walk round him for their goal last Sunday? That wasn't a one off either.

Sorry Toogs, but Bale's crap. Did you see that Everton kid walk round him for their goal last Sunday? That wasn't a one off either.

Lets not forget this is Spurs. He rarely gets a game. Chimbo wasn't all that great for them either. Neither was Robbo at times.

He's very very talented, if we could get him for a good price we should - a season or two of playing consistently for us would improve him as a player and then we'd sell him on for a big profit.

Archived