BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam gets his first January deal wrapped up, Kalinic's buddy Senijad Ibricic, 3m deal agreed.

BLACKBURN AGREE DEAL FOR SPLIT STAR

Lets hope this is a good signing and helps Kalinic progress, must help having a fellow countrymen and ex team mate in the camp.

effin great news!

Now we have a top 10 ten team!

Can't find it anywhere else than in the NOTW though.

Ive searched as well, but cant find anything either. Perhaps Mr Nixon has more info. Btw, if we agreed a fee with Hajduk, do we sign a pre contract agreement with the club? 3mill does not sound much, and im just worried that teams like Villa and Everton might sneak in.

Ive searched as well, but cant find anything either. Perhaps Mr Nixon has more info. Btw, if we agreed a fee with Hajduk, do we sign a pre contract agreement with the club? 3mill does not sound much, and im just worried that teams like Villa and Everton might sneak in.

You've read the article?

He had a buy-out clause on £3m which we have matched.

He is now ready to join us as soon as the transfer window reopens.

I wonder if Niko has tipped off the club about the buy-out clause ;)

Ive read the article, and other clubs can also trigger the buy out clause. Its up to the player, to then decide where he wants to go.

Lets hope this is a good signing and helps Kalinic progress, must help having a fellow countrymen

Kalinic is from Croatia, and Ibricic from Bosnia.

Im just saying that other clubs, can also match that release clause. Its up to Rovers, to make sure that they agree personal terms with the player. If he doesnt agree to the terms, then he wont move to Ewood.

Im just saying that other clubs, can also match that release clause. Its up to Rovers, to make sure that they agree personal terms with the player. If he doesnt agree to the terms, then he wont move to Ewood.

I read it the same as you Iceman, doesn't say he has signed it says a fee is agreed because the clause has been meet no mention of the player having signed or agreed to sign or having agreed a contract. As you say I read that like other clubs could still meet the asking price but we will have to wait and see.

Ibricic was mentioned a few weeks ago, he was watched in the World Cup play-offs against Portugal but did NOT do so well.

The fee is around £3 million, but slightly higher.

However I think this is the club leaking a story to create a market as there are NO takers for him just now. Bolton looked as well but were not impressed.

Ibricic was mentioned a few weeks ago, he was watched in the World Cup play-offs against Portugal but did NOT do so well.

However I think this is the club leaking a story to create a market as there are NO takers for him just now. Bolton looked as well but were not impressed.

so, we have met the clause and are still alone in having interest in him?

I read it the same as you Iceman, doesn't say he has signed it says a fee is agreed because the clause has been meet no mention of the player having signed or agreed to sign or having agreed a contract. As you say I read that like other clubs could still meet the asking price but we will have to wait and see.

Have you seen the light and decided to be come a Rovers supporter, TV? :rover::tu:

Ive read the article, and other clubs can also trigger the buy out clause. Its up to the player, to then decide where he wants to go.

Kalinic is from Croatia, and Ibricic from Bosnia.

Next door neighbour then. ;):P

It was all over the Croatian press early last week.

Not doubting what you suggest about a leak, maybe. strange they would disclose the release fee, unless we have an agreement with no pre-contract and they are trying to get other clubs interested around those numbers, or trying to get us to commit.

so, we have met the clause and are still alone in having interest in him?

I don't think so, but the player is available at that price and all parties seem keen to get him moving.

However the Rovers interest in him is not as great as it was three-four weeks ago.

Left midfield is still a problem position as Diouf only confirmed yesterday with that performance.

I'm guessing that Diouf is still a big part of Sam's plans Nicko? I can't see anybody taking him off us with the wages that he's reportedly on.

He's not for me and never has been. What does he do?

That was a good, tight performance yesterday with probably that one exception.

I'm guessing that Diouf is still a big part of Sam's plans Nicko? I can't see anybody taking him off us with the wages that he's reportedly on.

I think he could still play a very good role from the bench or in difficult away games. He does a lot of good defensive work (which everyone has conveniently ignored from yesterday) and retains possession extremely well in deeper positions.

I think his lack of attacking prowess is highlighted when played in front of Givet because Givet barely crosses the half way line. Having Chimbonda bombing down the left hand side would compliment his strengths far better. I still think Diouf is a better option than Pedersen, and Hoilett showed in his cameo yesterday that he's still raw and therefore risky.

Archived