BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

• Backroom

If I were mischief making I could say look at the goal tally of Kalinic, Di Santo and Hoillett! Couldn't score in a brothell the 4 of em on current form.

bit of an odd comment seeing as kalinic scored less than a week ago :s

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 year old on trial from Kosice, Jeffren is a youngster.. Chavez is also still fairly young.I really like what Sam is doing, by bringing more youthful players into the squad. Add to the experience we have, and things are looking good

If this is true and he is available on a free, then he's one I'd like us to look at.

From the BBC.

West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola is planning to make a move for former Inter Milan striker Adriano, who is available on a free transfer from Brazilian side Flamengo.

Full story: The Sun

i wouldnt go near Adriano. another loose cannon, despite his talents he just seems to lose his way completely. Sam might have worked wonders on others with bad reputations, but this guy is another story.

maybe slightly OT but i gotta ask.

Nicko you heard anything about Rovers reporting Villa to the FA for non payment of appearance bonus money for Steve Warnock? Had this from a pretty good source from within the Rovers Finance Dept.

Whats the penalty for this type of indiscretion?

Nicko you heard anything about Rovers reporting Villa to the FA for non payment of appearance bonus money for Steve Warnock? Had this from a pretty good source from within the Rovers Finance Dept.

Whats the penalty for this type of indiscretion?

Will check - can't think of any good reason why that should happen all the same.

any chances of Sam re-looking at Van Nisteroy???

just a few months ago he was link to us but think the deal fall apart due to his fitness / injury. and his injury and problem should be solved by now.

having our young strikers understudying the GOAL Machine would be great.

Hovancik In Rovers Trial

Blackburn Rovers are understood to have taken MFK Kosice's Juraj Hovancik on trial.

Skysports.com understands that Rovers have given the midfielder a trial this week and should the 19-year-old impress then Sam Allardyce could look at signing Hovancik in January. Hovancik and a former MFK team-mate Nemanja Matic had trials with Middlesbrough last season, however, they couldn't agree a deal for the pair and Matic eventually joined Chelsea.

Sky reporting that Arsenal's Jack Wilshere would consider a loan move in January to another Prem League club, could be worth a look but I would imagine that we wouldn't be first in the queue.

Click

Link fixed.

Would love him on loan - another bentley style signing would be great

Link fixed.

Would love him on loan - another bentley style signing would be great

If you think we have a chance of signing this kid on a permanent transfer then you've got another thing coming. He is highly regarded in the eyes of all Arsenal fans and Wenger himself. He's being dubbed as the new Fabregas, and the few performances I've seen of this las, he is top quality.

I doubt Wenger will send him out on loan to us as well, with the type of football we play.

19 year old on trial from Kosice, Jeffren is a youngster.. Chavez is also still fairly young.I really like what Sam is doing, by bringing more youthful players into the squad. Add to the experience we have, and things are looking good

That was my big worry with him, that we would go for older players.

Am very happy to be wrong if the current trend stays hold.

Just gunna throw something in....would anyone take DaMarcus Beasley for the wing, to replace Pedersen? Of course I'd prefer Ibricic, but would Beasley be a viable, cheap alternative? It appears he lacks a future at Rangers.......

Vibale and cheap because he is ######...

No.

Just gunna throw something in....would anyone take DaMarcus Beasley for the wing, to replace Pedersen? Of course I'd prefer Ibricic, but would Beasley be a viable, cheap alternative? It appears he lacks a future at Rangers.......

He lacks a future in football. His only asset is his speed. He is very weak on the ball and is a poor finisher. His crosses are average at best. He hasn't played on the US national team since last summer's Confederation Cup 1st round. Most Americans wanted him dropped long before that.

On top of that, he had a shot in the EPL with Man City and he flopped. Stay away!

Wow....okay, maybe not. What about the USA's boss's son?

He's OK, but he's a CM not a winger. Some matches he looks like a world beater and others like a donkey. Bradley also picks up a ton of cards. He's somewhat similar to Grella (when fit) although may be better getting forward. I'm not sure he'd be what the Rovers are looking for at this point.

I think Donovan could be useful on the left hand side. He's been playing left wing for the US for the last year now. He'd fit in well with a mid table team in the EPL or La Liga.

The question of who's going to go greatly interests me. Given recent appearances (lack of) I'd assume both Roberts and Pedersen are away. If Benni goes too, Sam had better get his signings right. But we all know that we have to sell in order to buy and there's a fair number of players we are being linked with. Mostly young so a certain element of risk?

If we get the opportunity to keep Di Santo then surely a decision will have to be made as we can't afford the relative luxury of having him and Kalinic, can we? They seem like very similar players to me, although I haven't been able to get to as many games this season as I'd like. Franco til the end of the season would be a big help with getting Niko ready for prime time, but long term do we really need both?

The ideal out list for me would be Salgado, Grella, Diouf, Pedersen, Roberts. That leaves a few gaps in the squad, admittedly, but there are enough options out there.

Oh god please no.

If Beni leaves we have to have someone very good lined up. I wouldn't be against Beattie coming up if it is to replace Benni then we have Roberts, Di Santo, Kalinic and Beattie. Great for the average height but strikers are there to finish the ball not just to be aimed at.

AND THE STUPIDIST COMMENT OF THE DECADE GOES TO.......... :blink::wacko::wstu:

Lighten up pal, it wasn't a comment it was a rhetorical question early evening as the snow glistens in the dark through my office window, designed to elicit a some thought provoking responses. Clearly I set my sights too high .

Archived