BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam's January Targets

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

According to this morning's Lancashire Telegraph, Sam is looking at targets closer to home, the rules for squads change next year, have to have a certain amount og "home grown" players etc, so this January that is a big factor when making decisions on what players to bring in.

According to this morning's Lancashire Telegraph, Sam is looking at targets closer to home, the rules for squads change next year, have to have a certain amount og "home grown" players etc, so this January that is a big factor when making decisions on what players to bring in.

Oh no. That means Heskey. I will be extremely dissapointed if Heskey ends up at Rovers.

Fair do's on Shorey, I still feel we need to shift a right back out and get a left back in, he's english as well.

I wonder whether we could get Coker on loan? till the summer I think he'd do well in our current system.

Maji, possibly, but Reo Coker is a sulker, would his attitude be right, The lad Snodgrass at Leeds is impressing me at the moment though, definately one to watch!!

If we shifted out Benni for Heskey id think i would loose what little faith i had in the clubs good judgement.

Heskey - big, strong, powerful - is an Allardyce player.

Benni - skillful, talented, mercurial - is not.

If this "1-in-1-out" happens it's an excellent example of the "poison" that Allardyce is infecting the club with. I don't want to see players like Heskey in a Rovers kit - I want to see players like Benni McCarthy.

He is a full back I think. Would be interesting to see why we are considering a full back. Dont we have enough of them already?

We have too many right backs. We have no left backs. So I would take a left back.

What are we going to do with Salgado? Get him to wash the kit? We'll be loaning him to QPR soon...

What are we going to do with Salgado? Get him to wash the kit? We'll be loaning him to QPR soon...

The funny thing is Salgado has looked better each time I have seen him. The problem for him is that Chimbonda is playing out of his skin at the moment and Jacobsen has hardly put a foot wrong. I can't see how he's going to get a chance unless he plays left back or centre mid.

Nicko, any news for us? Is Meriem still on board? Does Sam´s condition effect our scouting? Is there any progress about Di Santo´s future?

Meriem - due back in a couple of weeks when fit.

Ibricic - hear he was watched but the reports were lukewarm.

Elm - seems happy to be at AZ Alkmaar...all the best.

Big Sam - don't think his lay-off is a handicap to any signing bids.

The Di Santo question is the first that needs to be answered. If he signs, great. If he isn't coming you have to get a striker fast.

Meriem - due back in a couple of weeks when fit.

Ibricic - hear he was watched but the reports were lukewarm.

Elm - seems happy to be at AZ Alkmaar...all the best.

Big Sam - don't think his lay-off is a handicap to any signing bids.

The Di Santo question is the first that needs to be answered. If he signs, great. If he isn't coming you have to get a striker fast.

if Di Santo does not sign on for longer in January, i don't think we need to go out and panic buy, by try bringing a forward in. We have still got Benni, Roberts and Kalinic at the club, which most clubs in the prem would like to have. If either Benni or Roberts leave in January, then i think we might need another forward.

Archived