BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelski

like Arsenal I believe that Chelsea's 2nd string are a better side than us.

I will not be at Ewood tonight as I am about to go to London for the rest of the week. However for the 1st time in many seasons i am not at all bothered about missing games....I am fed up of watching the tripe performed by Rovers week after week....goodness knows how we will keep all those new ST holders. I am sick to death of watching dreadful football.

score tonight?....WTF !

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Chelsea won't risk exhausting their stars for the little old Carlin Cup? I'm hoping we see few first teamers tomorrow.

Ancellotti's record so far in the Carling Cup is that he plays pretty strong teams. This was his team against Bolton in the last round: -

Hilario (Turnbull 23); Belletti, Alex, Ivanovic, Ferreira; Deco, Ballack ©, Malouda, J Cole; Kalou (Essien h-t), Sturridge (Drogba 62)

Not a full first team but how many of those would be straight into Rovers' first team?

Ancellotti's record so far in the Carling Cup is that he plays pretty strong teams. This was his team against Bolton in the last round: -

Hilario (Turnbull 23); Belletti, Alex, Ivanovic, Ferreira; Deco, Ballack ©, Malouda, J Cole; Kalou (Essien h-t), Sturridge (Drogba 62)

Not a full first team but how many of those would be straight into Rovers' first team?

Thing is though Chelsea's reserves ARE a strong team - they have the most strength in depth in Europe for me. As you say the likes of Alex, Deco, Ballack, Malouda, Cole, Kalou, Zhirkov will all probably play tonight and would be star men for us and any other club.

We really are in need of a 110% performance from everybody tonight if we want any chance of progression. We need to compete for every 50-50 and be in their faces from the off. It sounds obvious, but it clearly isn't judging by our recent match at Stamford a month ago.

I think the effort will be there, but we need some quality from somewhere - and a lot of luck.

Thing is though Chelsea's reserves ARE a strong team - they have the most strength in depth in Europe for me. As you say the likes of Alex, Deco, Ballack, Malouda, Cole, Kalou, Zhirkov will all probably play tonight and would be star men for us and any other club.

We really are in need of a 110% performance from everybody tonight if we want any chance of progression. We need to compete for every 50-50 and be in their faces from the off. It sounds obvious, but it clearly isn't judging by our recent match at Stamford a month ago.

I think the effort will be there, but we need some quality from somewhere - and a lot of luck.

With the luck being that they don't turn up at all.

I suppose with Dunny missing tonight we will field our fantastic midfield pairing of Andrews and Grella :(

Ah well, was good while it lasted!

It's not all doom and gloom, we are in the quarter final and anything can happen.

Can't anybody go into the game with any positives at all? at kick off it will be all square so it's there for the taking. :rover:

• Backroom

It's not all doom and gloom, we are in the quarter final and anything can happen.

Can't anybody go into the game with any positives at all? at kick off it will be all square so it's there for the taking. :rover:

Like miraculously Andrews and Grella will become world class midfielders????

And yes.. I'm going into the game with a positive... positive we are going to get trounced :blink:

I suppose with Dunny missing tonight we will field our fantastic midfield pairing of Andrews and Grella :(

Ah well, was good while it lasted!

No we might be saved...Andrews is rated 50/50 too!

Chelsea look likely to field a very strong team....

Squad for the game - Chelsea: Cech, Hilario, Turnbull, Ivanovic, A Cole, Zhirkov, Carvalho, Terry, Essien, Lampard, Belletti, Mikel, Ballack, Malouda, Kakuta, Deco, J Cole, Kalou, Anelka, Drogba.

Squad for the game - Chelsea: Cech, Hilario, Turnbull, Ivanovic, A Cole, Zhirkov, Carvalho, Terry, Essien, Lampard, Belletti, Mikel, Ballack, Malouda, Kakuta, Deco, J Cole, Kalou, Anelka, Drogba.

OK then, I'll settle for a win by the odd goal

I can't remember the MB being sooooo miserable prior to a game. Get a grip guys. If people choose to stay away, I respect that but don't keep putting the team down while your at it. One waggy is more than enough thanks!

Oh and if we do get a royal rogering tonight, please, please let's not have the usual: we are crap and are going to get relegated. People who go into a match expecting a battering shouldn't complain when it happens.

This is potentially our last cup game this season - and it's a tenner. We've nothing to lose and a cup semi* to gain so let's go out fighting and get behind our team.

:brfcsmilie:

* DISCLAIMER: this is not a double-entendre

No we might be saved...Andrews is rated 50/50 too!

Chelsea look likely to field a very strong team....

Backing up my point earlier but their squad is frightening! Where is Sturridge?

Trying to pick a weakest 11 out of that lot is bleddy hard work. Hilario, Belletti, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Zhirkov, Kakuta, Mikel, Malouda, Ballack, Kalou, Anelka is about the best we can hope for :unsure: .

just got my tickets, took a while to get through so they seem pretty busy.

It isn't completely out of the realms of possibility that we'll win, we should just go for it. Wigan managed to beat them and they're worse than we are. Looking forward to it now!

just got my tickets, took a while to get through so they seem pretty busy.

It isn't completely out of the realms of possibility that we'll win, we should just go for it. Wigan managed to beat them and they're worse than we are. Looking forward to it now!

Yes but Wigan probably gave it 100% and went for it. We'll probably play 1 up front and go for damage limitation, resting key players (whoever they are) and lose 2-0.

Sorry, just cant get excited about this one!

Come on guys, so much doom and gloom about this game. If everyone expects us to lose the atmosphere will be flat. Hopefully the players will be up for it, get a few early crunchers in and let them know they're in for a game. We're pretty solid at home, all this talk about us getting 5-0 is nonsense! Up the Rovers!

The fact is we won't keep Chelsea out. So if we expect Chelsea to score 2 we have to create 3 chances and take them. It 'aint over till it's over. Watching United last night made me balls shrink mind, 2 shots on goal, 2 brilliantly taken finishes :mellow:

Archived