BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelski

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see us beating Chelsea i mean it would be nice to get to a cup semi final but i can't see it myself but i don't think it will be a 5-0 result like it was in the league few weeks ago. I myself would rather take 3 points at home to Liverpool the following Saturday then to beat Chelsea, yes i know everyone's gonna have ago at me saying that but that's what I'd like. Some fans think that as we've won the last 2 games that were going to beat Fulham, Stoke and Chlesea but I don't have that much confidence i can only see it being the first 2 games that we win hopefully.

I can't see us beating Chelsea i mean it would be nice to get to a cup semi final but i can't see it myself but i don't think it will be a 5-0 result like it was in the league few weeks ago. I myself would rather take 3 points at home to Liverpool the following Saturday then to beat Chelsea, yes i know everyone's gonna have ago at me saying that but that's what I'd like. Some fans think that as we've won the last 2 games that were going to beat Fulham, Stoke and Chlesea but I don't have that much confidence i can only see it being the first 2 games that we win hopefully.

I'm with you and so will most others. The league wins are far more important.

Sam will make sure we give it our all to win the game, I just hope it doesn't knock the wind out of us for the Liverpool game, I can see us taking points from Liverpool.

• Backroom

Kalinic will surely get a game, he only seems to get a chance in games that are already lost and against the likes of United and Chelsea.

I feel for him and Van Heerden, at present it looks like they made an error in coming here. Especially Van Heerden as it could have cost him his one shot at playing in a World Cup

I have got tickets for this game and I will be coming up straight from work. Having looked at the other fixtures that night there seems to be a lot of southern teams heading up the m6 and all the Man Utd southern fans as well so thinking it might be a bit of a nightmare journey.

Coming back will be just as bad so was thinking about driving back to Solihull early the following morning - has anyone ever done the m6 at about 6 in the morning? On a good run I can do it in 2 hours but otherwise I am going to be late for work!!!! Any previous experience of that nightmare motorway would be appreciated!

Hannah

The M6 is having sensors planted all the way down from Manchester to Birmingham in the inside lanes which are for when the hard shoulder becomes the 4th lane to ease congestion issues. The motorway has been closed down to a single lane from about 11pm to 0600 daily and has even been closed between jct 12/13.

You may have some problems in the morning rush.

Coming back will be just as bad so was thinking about driving back to Solihull early the following morning - has anyone ever done the m6 at about 6 in the morning? On a good run I can do it in 2 hours but otherwise I am going to be late for work!!!! Any previous experience of that nightmare motorway would be appreciated!

Just keep in mind the M6 has been closed 5 times in the last month in the area around junctions 20 to 15. Four caused by crashes in the early morning, the 5th by a crash at 11.00am. Personally I wouldn't risk it if I had to be somewhere on time.

I'm not going to this game. Our reserves being stuffed by Chelsea reserves. No thanks.

There was a time when I wouldn't put it past us to cause an upset, long shot or not. But with our current team, I just can't see it. We're the proverbial whipping boys.

My thoughts exactly, yet another few weeks of family banter about just how far we've fallen and how dire we are. At the end of the day given our approach to date against the big boys I have no faith in us getting a result of any kind.

So sod it play most of the kids and those who we signed in the summer so we can actually see if they are any good or not.

------------Robbo-------------

Salgado--Samba--Jones--Olsson

-------N'zonzi--Grella--------

Hoillet------Dunn---Van Heerden

------------Kalinic-----------

I can't wait to see Jason Roberts working his arse off upfront on his own with Di Santo not being eligable to play. No service + Roberts up front on his own = no chance

If Roberts plays up front we might as well just forfeit, either that or we fit a giant perspex funnel round their goal to aid his shooting and pray to god no-one runs into it.

• Backroom

I'd agree with Majiballs team, the game is lower risk than other games so lets experiment a bit. Although I'd be tempted to play Jacobsen and try Salgado in midfield.

None of us expect anything from it anyway so no point in risking more injuries for the league and some of the youngsters may snap up the chance of proving themselves.

It is a quarter-final match, so it is a big game. Granted, it is against one of the big 4 and our recent record against those sides is poor. However generally, under Sam, we have been difficult to beat at Ewood. Also Chelsea are playing a tough game today.

Would like to see the team freshened up though, not having Dunn is a massive blow, but hopefully gives some of the other players on the fringes a chance.

I have a little bit of hope we may be able to win this one - not sure what I am basing my thoughts on though, but you never know!

I expect to see Kalinic and one or two more, but I don't think we will play the likes of van Heerden. Morten Gamst Pedersen and Martin Olsson are far more likely to play. We're in the Quarter Finals now, and will field a team that reflects that methinks. Not fringe players, but some of those close to the starting XI the last few games - two or three bench warmers + a core of our best.

For those thinking a shock is on the cards for Chelsea FORGET it they have taken apart a top quality Arsenal side with such ease I really fear a spanking on Wednesday.

Funnily enough 1864 I just said the same thing to the missus. 3-0 at the Emirates. Looking for some positives, Arsenal have struggled of late since they lost Van Persie and Bendtner to injury and don't look the same force. They looked good going forward but the final ball was always behind the forward/winger and they had to check enabling Chelsea to get back. Still a comprehensive victory - although Arsenal had two goals ruled out which could have made it a more interesting game.

Wednesday will probably depend on the team Ancelloti puts out. Chelsea have Man City away next Saturday and this may be seen as a priority over Rovers in the League Cup. Because of this, I doubt we will face the same side that battered us at Stamford Bridge.

It could be interesting if Anelka and Drogba are rested becuase we will get to see how well placed they are to cope without Di Santo in January. Good performances from their reserve strikers might convince Ancelotti that he can do without Franco for at least the rest of the season.

Archived