BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur

were so bad its unbelievable..................kalinic is crap, di santo is worse and the other 2 would struggle to get in a championship team. I think i've identifeid our weakness, how can allardyce possibly say a striker ain'nt on the jan wishlist if di santo stays. Cut his loan off now so we stop HAVING to play him, even le tiss has picked up that there must be a clause that he plays. very depressing right now

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It's just dishearteneing to see Portsmouth beating Liverpool 2-0, and Fulham beating Utd 3-0, and knowing we'd never have a chance of doing that in the league.

All we ever do is waste chances, we're beyond pathetic up front. Probably the most insipid team in the league in terms of creativity. Portsmouth are ten times more creative than us and catching up fast, which seemed impossible a month ago.

if sam says our team is good enough and he see no reason to change things around in jan then he is a fool

How do you suggest he improves our team? Magic beans?

Sam has made his fair share of mistakes this season but he's also been switching things around a lot, dropping EHD which people didnt think he'd do, dropping Pedersen which Hughes never contemplated, giving Hoillet a go, switching to 2 up front after 1 up top didnt work out (even though we got a few victories with it), but the sheer lack of quality without Dunn is whats kiling us right now. Today we didnt play at all badly, but its a combination of bad luck and a lack of creative spark to convert winning the ball in midfield (which we've done well) to creating a decent chance for the strikers thats done us in.

Having misfiring strikers doesnt help either. Di Santo was a good idea but he cant finish for toffee right now. Kalinic is a good player but ditto. Di Santo again has looked good but I sure as hell hope we dont buy him in Jan. Having one promising young striker who doesnt score goals is already too much of a luxury, let alone buying a second.

to add to my early post Sam has stated that he sees no reason to change things in jan and he would be quite happy with the team that he has, well he might be but I/we are not

How do you suggest he improves our team? Magic beans?

Sam has made his fair share of mistakes this season but he's also been switching things around a lot, dropping EHD which people didnt think he'd do, dropping Pedersen which Hughes never contemplated, giving Hoillet a go, switching to 2 up front after 1 up top didnt work out (even though we got a few victories with it), but the sheer lack of quality without Dunn is whats kiling us right now. Today we didnt play at all badly, but its a combination of bad luck and a lack of creative spark to convert winning the ball in midfield (which we've done well) to creating a decent chance for the strikers thats done us in.

Having misfiring strikers doesnt help either. Di Santo was a good idea but he cant finish for toffee right now. Kalinic is a good player but ditto. Di Santo again has looked good but I sure as hell hope we dont buy him in Jan. Having one promising young striker who doesnt score goals is already too much of a luxury, let alone buying a second.

bin all these youngsters off in jan, a bit of composure once in a while would be priceless right now got to be some world star striker in his late thirties we could get in for 6 months cheap.............i actually wish we'd signed vieri over di santo and kalinic he could'nt possibly have flopped more than that pair

Nothing else we could do today. Attacked Spurs all game, got caught on a counter which was bound to happen, but the game was really decided by the imaginary-time played by the referee in the first half. Early Christmas to Spurs from the referee and a waste of our efforts today.

to add to my early post Sam has stated that he sees no reason to change things in jan and he would be quite happy with the team that he has, well he might be but I/we are not

I suspect that is all talk, how can he be happy with the lack of chances we are creating for our strikers? He is probably coming out with comments like that because he knows he won't have much if anything to spend in January.

If the owners care about keeping us in the premier league then they need to provide some funds, we need at least a quality winger.

FT 2-0, crap performance against a team i utterly despise. :angry:

both M H and big sam have had players that other teams have wanted, yes some players will have to go in ordet for new ones to come in, this should of been done a mumber of years ago.

However as already stated for some reason big Sam seems happy with the players that we have. He dos not like the jan window and he would ban it. So yes in his world even if he had 50 million there would be no jan window to improve things.

• Backroom

Another depressing display by a team that isn't good enough.

No creativity, lack of killer instinct, too many players whose potential we're banking on to come through.

Make no mistake, right now we're in big trouble. And that's not just in relation to this result, it's in relation to our performances over the past few weeks (barring the Chelsea game) and the rising form of teams like Portsmouth and Hull.

I don't know what the solution is, though. Sam won't have much to spend in January and the majority of the players don't give a sh*t about this club. Sad facts, we may scrape another 15th/16th/17th placed finish, but if we do it will be, just as last season, by virtue of the clubs below us being so bad, rather than us being any good.

In the space of a week; play badly and lose, play well and lose. We'll be lucky to stay up this season if that continues. Baffling substitutions again cost us. That and Peter Walton who should never referee again.

Decent performance unlike the Brum, Fulam, Everton and West Ham games to think of games gone by.

We simply lack the class without Dunn. Add to that this goal drought visibly draining confidence from us when we go forwards.

Spurs got lucky and had enough about them to say thank you very much.

Nothing else we could do today. Attacked Spurs all game, got caught on a counter which was bound to happen, but the game was really decided by the imaginary-time played by the referee in the first half. Early Christmas to Spurs from the referee and a waste of our efforts today.

No it wasn't. It was decided by the fact that we create no chances. We looked like scoring about 3 times. If you have that much of the ball and that many shots and don't create then it is an indication that you are missing something in the team. We don't have creativity in the midfield (and that isn't just because we are missing Dunn), we change our midfield and strike force every game.

Allarydce will go on about how he needs time to do his job, I would suspect our strikers might feel the same way.

I love how we are 3 points off the drop zone, played a game more than most beneath us, two more than Everton and people are on here thinking that our only problem is that we are missing Dunn. Please, let me know what you are drinking and/or smoking.

Another depressing display by a team that isn't good enough.

No creativity, lack of killer instinct, too many players whose potential we're banking on to come through.

Make no mistake, right now we're in big trouble. And that's not just in relation to this result, it's in relation to our performances over the past few weeks (barring the Chelsea game) and the rising form of teams like Portsmouth and Hull.

I don't know what the solution is, though. Sam won't have much to spend in January and the majority of the players don't give a sh*t about this club. Sad facts, we may scrape another 15th/16th/17th placed finish, but if we do it will be, just as last season, by virtue of the clubs below us being so bad, rather than us being any good.

i now consider portsmouth, wolves and bolton better than us and other than hull can't think of a worse team, our away record could relegate us and i have absolutely no faith in getting anything from wigan they're pace could kill us........need a rabbit from a hat in jan 2 strikers with pace and finishing to keep us up

Sh!te performance! No creativity, no quality, nothing!

Givet is getting worse and worse, it was his mistimed tackle that got him out of position and Nelsen has to mark 2 spuds players for the 2nd goal. Kalinic looks really clumsy. McCarthy has one flicks too many, useless.

Dunn, get fit! this team is looking really horrible without you.

I actually thought we played well, we were more than a match for spurs, I dont think one member of the starting 11 played badly but...

where we fall down is we don't have the strikers to convert the slimmest of chances, we had 6 shots on target today to spur's 2, at least 2 of ours to my mind were clear cut goal opportunities any prem league club should be converting (di santos effort 1st half, mccarthy 2nd half)

this problem isn't just the strikers we lack any creativity in midfield, dunn is our only current creative midfielder worthy of mention and since he's been injured I think we can all judge for ourselves how our results have been going

crouch must really look forward to playing us hes always seems to ruddy score, spurs can we have bentley back?

merry xmas everyone

No it wasn't. It was decided by the fact that we create no chances. We looked like scoring about 3 times. If you have that much of the ball and that many shots and don't create then it is an indication that you are missing something in the team. We don't have creativity in the midfield (and that isn't just because we are missing Dunn), we change our midfield and strike force every game.

Allarydce will go on about how he needs time to do his job, I would suspect our strikers might feel the same way.

We need more creativity, but this is what we have and that's not going to change. Grella can't suddenly turn into Kaka, or Di Santo into Drogba. The players played as good as they could and worked their socks off the entire game.

bin all these youngsters off in jan, a bit of composure once in a while would be priceless right now got to be some world star striker in his late thirties we could get in for 6 months cheap.............i actually wish we'd signed vieri over di santo and kalinic he could'nt possibly have flopped more than that pair

What's the point of you?

Yes, we were sh!t again today but to suggest that we sign a champion pizza eater approaching his pension over a couple of promising youngsters (and yes they are promising!) is moronic at best.

• Backroom

We need more creativity, but this is what we have and that's not going to change. Grella can't suddenly turn into Kaka, or Di Santo into Drogba. The players played as good as they could and worked their socks off the entire game.

And we still lost 2-0, creating about 2 clear cut chances.

That's hugely concerning.

Archived