BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Must Stay

ABBEY

AFTER WATCHING THIS TONIGHT , WHY DOES THE EXPERT WANT RID (APART FROM HIS EGO) OF OUR BIGGEST TALENT UP FRONT?

ROBERTS? BIG WORKER CUMBERSOME MARD ARSE.

SANTOS? 7M YOUR HAVING A LAUGH 1 DODGY GOAL ALL SEASON(WORKER GRANTED)(POTENTIAL AT BEST MAY NOT EVEN BE HERE IN 3 WEEKS)

KALLY? OK UNLUCKY BUT AT THE MOMENT HES OK TO POLISH BENNIS BOOTS.

• Backroom

Just said in another thread, it's depressing Roberts has to go yet we all know he'll stay and we'll get rid of Benni.

I just can't figure out how you replace Benni but I'd guess it will be with another goal shy workhorse

Benni has to stay in the current Rovers set-up. We are so desperately short of skilful players, it would be lunacy to sell him.

I didn't think Benni did anything particular tonight to promote his cause but I would say our striking options are the worst for a long time, we have two raw youngsters with nothing more than potential and two cynical veterans probably both past their peak and who both appear to have fallen out with the manager and who would probably both welcome a move away.

The reality is that Benni will probably be sold because he is the only one who would command any sort of fee, and the manager needs some funds to work with because the owners you have previously praised as being so wonderful have denied the manager funding for years.

Edit: I sort of agree with you I'd be inclined not to sell either but I don't know who's available as a replacement. What would people do if we could replace him say with Beattie? It might be even uglier than at present but Beattie might prove a lot more effective than Benni given the horrible style of play we invariably employ under Sam.

Benni has to stay in the current Rovers set-up. We are so desperately short of skilful players, it would be lunacy to sell him.

Is there any point when Sam continuously overlooks him?

McCarthy should start whenever Dunn's out. Fact. :P

but his laCK of work is countered by goals,experience and trickery.

He hasn't actually scored a lot of goals from open play since his first season. Trickery - is that giving the ball away with silly back heels - or the experienced way he is always off-side ?

I agree he is a good finisher - possibly the best we have at the moment - but he is so slow these days that he is rarely in the position to score anyway.

At times it is like playing with 10 men with McCarthy strolling around. Football is a team game - though I appreciate the skill he has, I really don't want the team to have to carry him for the once every 5 or 6 games bit of skill that he may produce.

HE HASNT BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE THO FFS HAS HE???

who would you play? who would you replace him with = talent and be honest with price tags?

if hes that bad why does he get chanted week in week out?

check tommorow or thurs,bed time exam and long drive home @5pm tomoz.

McCarthy hasn't scored in 12 games now for us in the PL I think it is or overall. He has the quality as we can all see but the fact of the matter is, his threat is nullified if we aim pointless long balls up to him. He is only effective if he has Dunn playing behind him, and with the track record Dunny has with injuries, it won't be too often. Sam was right not to have played him today from the start because of the amount of long balls we were playing.

McCarthy hasn't scored in 12 games now for us in the PL I think it is or overall. He has the quality as we can all see but the fact of the matter is, his threat is nullified if we aim pointless long balls up to him. He is only effective if he has Dunn playing behind him, and with the track record Dunny has with injuries, it won't be too often. Sam was right not to have played him today from the start because of the amount of long balls we were playing.

how was sam right today? errrrrrr 2-1?? suggests otherwise.

We could replace him with Davies.

There, that should get you going.

aye corpartion park bench wino.

how was sam right today? errrrrrr 2-1?? suggests otherwise.

You really think Benni would have coped with the amount of long balls we were playing today? He needs a quality midfielder behind him to play at his best. Something we didn't have today hence why he started on the bench. If anything you should have created a thread saying "HOILLET MUST STAY"!

I too don't understand why the club is so keen to get rid of Benni. He's our most creative player along with David Dunn. We don't know if we can keep Di Santo yet and he's hardly been a resounding success, Kalinic has looked promising but still has some way to go and Jason Roberts is an impact sub at best. Benni is also our most natural goal scorer, which we are having trouble doing at the moment. We need Benni to play more often, especially at home. I was glad to see him chasing back to be the last man covering Cameron Jerome I think, when Birmingham were on a break. It shows that he can run and work hard when needs be! At the moment he should be a definite starter.

After looking at last nights performance, how could Sam think that it was a better idea to get rid of Benni than Roberts? Roberts is an awful footballer, who every so often plays a blinder, which makes you think that he is worth a place in the team. But then you watch him last night and you remember how one dimensional, predictable and useless he really is. If Sam thinks he will be able to score the goals to keep us safe then he's out of his mind.

Guys I don't disagree one bit about Benni's stature within our squad.

But why would we keep him?

Sam doesn't rate him for whatever reason and Benni doesn't like Sam because he doesn't play. Look at last year Samba was preferred thats a serious relationship breaker especially when you consider Benni's mentality. He doesn't want to be here he wants to move on. I don't want a player like that at our club regardless of his quality it will only cause issues within the squad.

Its time for Benni to go, we just have to hope we can get someone in of similiar quality.

Murder me if you wish.....but I think Ellington in on a free and Roberts out would be a good deal. Elington is basically Roberts, but younger and doesn't just collapse under the slightest pressure, to my recollection. Will be on cheaper wages too?

I think Ellington has signed at QPR or somewhere. I saw him playing in the Championship the other day, anyway. Watford?

Allardyce doesn’t see a position in the team for Benni, so and with him only being a bit part player I’m sure he’s looking at moving those wages out of the club.

He’s the only bit of quality we have up front, but it comes at a cost. Not sure he can perform for 90 minutes and his dedication to the cause is questionable, with the weight problem which should never be a factor for a professional footballer.

Have to agree on Roberts, not good enough at this level. But he gives us something different again, and won’t be on Bennis wages.

It’s a tough one for the manager.

Archived