BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Must Stay

ABBEY

AFTER WATCHING THIS TONIGHT , WHY DOES THE EXPERT WANT RID (APART FROM HIS EGO) OF OUR BIGGEST TALENT UP FRONT?

ROBERTS? BIG WORKER CUMBERSOME MARD ARSE.

SANTOS? 7M YOUR HAVING A LAUGH 1 DODGY GOAL ALL SEASON(WORKER GRANTED)(POTENTIAL AT BEST MAY NOT EVEN BE HERE IN 3 WEEKS)

KALLY? OK UNLUCKY BUT AT THE MOMENT HES OK TO POLISH BENNIS BOOTS.

You fighting a losing battle Abs.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to Benni after the game, waiting for the players getting on the coach. We said he should stay and he said "it was up to the manager", and said that Big Sam had no faith in him. He also said the only reason he plays is because of the fans. A very likeable guy, and said that Kirkland save was "just his luck".

Guest Kamy100

There is no way that Benni should be sold in January, as I have said consistently over the last year, he is our best striker/goalscorer. However, I think that Sam has already decided to sell him if the right offer comes in. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

There is no way that Benni should be sold in January, as I have said consistently over the last year, he is our best striker/goalscorer. However, I think that Sam has already decided to sell him if the right offer comes in. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Is it ???

First goal of the season , don't get me wrong a very talented player but very lazy ....Problem is we can't create enough problems in opposition penalty areas to utilise Benny ...

There is no doubt in my mind it would be a big mistake to sell this player. Maybe its the desire to play in South Africa during the WC but he seems so driven as opposed to his last two seasons.

and when he's chosen for the World Cup squad, what then? Back to sleep? He did play well today but a real quandry for the manager.

and when he's chosen for the World Cup squad, what then? Back to sleep? He did play well today but a real quandry for the manager.

It's a big risk 47er, Benni is undoubtedly the most talented footballer we have at the club.

Would you trust Sam to replace his quality with a player as effective given the notoriously difficult market in January and the long drawn out process of signing Kalinic then not playing him?

For me he has to stay at least until the summer and we should look to offload any from Diouf, Reid, MGP or Roberts to fund any purchases in January.

If he continues as he is doing then that will be the time to sell him when he's at the top of his value. Now is not the time.

The biter bit....... the fewer chances created the more clinical the striker has to be. :!:

Correct but with how weak Rovers are at present the problem is that the strikers are having to create any chances usually taking themselves out of the game before the question of ability of taking chances arises.

Benni has to stay and for those calling him lazy have not watched his last couple of displays where he has run his socks off.

Benni really does have to stay, lazy or not he appears to be the only Rovers player that looks like scoring goals. Surely if we have to free up money for wages before anyone comes in then Di Santo's loan should be cut short, does anyone really think he offers any more than what we have already?

He wasn't lazy yesterday, he tried hard. But then again he is currently motivated. He wants to be a regular Premiership player when South Africa pick their squad. Rovers are a means to an end and always have been. He was talking himself into a transfer in his FIRST season with us. Embracing Mourinho at Stamford Bridge moments before the kick-off. Absolutely nauseating.

It's a big risk 47er, Benni is undoubtedly the most talented footballer we have at the club.

Would you trust Sam to replace his quality with a player as effective given the notoriously difficult market in January and the long drawn out process of signing Kalinic then not playing him?

For me he has to stay at least until the summer and we should look to offload any from Diouf, Reid, MGP or Roberts to fund any purchases in January.

As I said------a quandry.

The simple truth is that Benni has more natural ability than Di Santo and Kalinic combined. I would add Roberts to that list but I like to ignore the fact that he is a Rovers player. I don't think I'd be alone in saying that in a goal scoring opportunity, I always want the player hitting it to be Benni.

Archived