BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Signings That Never Worked Club.

Matty Holmes

Dially

KEITH ANDREWS

I should have added I meant the ones who failed because of health/fitness issues, not because they were crap players.

Here's two more for the old timers- Martin Britt, Alan Gilliver. What was that left back called that Don Mackay blew his load on ? He came from Rangers and played one game I think.

David Thompson and Matt Jansen being the obvious. On the verge of greatness when...whoops.

Martin Dahlin, Steven Reid even Alan Wright with his injuries.

'Never worked'

Thompson, Jansen, Reid and Wright all worked.

From the seventies -

Keith Birchenall from Leicester City absolutely dreadful at Rovers

John Aston ex Man United european cup winner, another way past his best at Rovers, very disappointing player who had a great playing CV.

John Radford ex Arsenal Fa cup winner on a par with Joe Craig ex Celtic .

A more recent player who had a great career and reputation but didnt do anything in his short time at Rovers, was Dino Baggio.

God-this list could go on forever. We didn't exactly make the best use of Jack's money when we had it did we? What about those two 16 year old scots kids a few years back. Was it Kidd who signed them. Supposed to be the next big thing but the usual happened--into that Bermuda Triangle known as the Academy and that was that. Burton O'Brien was one, can't remember t'other. Still plying his wares in the lower reaches of Scottish football I think.

God-this list could go on forever. We didn't exactly make the best use of Jack's money when we had it did we? What about those two 16 year old scots kids a few years back. Was it Kidd who signed them. Supposed to be the next big thing but the usual happened--into that Bermuda Triangle known as the Academy and that was that. Burton O'Brien was one, can't remember t'other. Still plying his wares in the lower reaches of Scottish football I think.

David McNamee was the other I think.

Yep that was him. Has he not returned to Scotland and then reappeared in the English football somewhere down the football league food chain?

Plymouth he's at according to Wiki, but played just 15 times since summer 2008.

Archived