BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Togo Team Bus Fired Upon

This is sad news, football related or not, and the bus driver was simply doing his job and lost his life for it. Relating it to football though I hope this is an isolated incident and they are not targeting footballers for if more of this happens it could seriously derail the world cup and the future of the sport in Africa.

In the recently added topic box.

10 days ago the recently added topic box stated

Megson Sacked by Meerkat

Hope the rest of the tournament goes ahead without any further problems.

• Backroom

I always look forward to the ACN as long as it doesn't negatively effect Rovers, even if the football isn't always up to standard I enjoy watching a tournament as a neutral without feeling any pressure.

It's a shame this one will now be remembered for this incident.

Serious questions need to be asked about the Togolese FA regarding this. They have players worth tens of millions of pounds and they send them by bus from the Congo to Angola? Through a province where separatist groups have been patrolling for decades? What risk assessment was undertaken?

The Organizing Committee of the Africa Cup in Angola (COCAN), has raised serious allegations against the Togolese delegation, Virgilio Santos a member of the Organisation Commitee: "The rules were clear: No team should arrive by bus. I do not know what has led Togo to do it anyway.

Sad to see they have had to withdraw and that innocent people have died.

Serious questions need to be asked about the Togolese FA regarding this. They have players worth tens of millions of pounds and they send them by bus from the Congo to Angola? Through a province with separatist groups have been acting for decades? What risk assessment was undertaken?

The Organizing Committee of the Africa Cup in Angola (COCAN), has raised serious allegations against the Togolese delegation, Virgilio Santos a member of the Organisation Commitee: "The rules were clear: No team should arrive by bus. I do not know what has led Togo to do it anyway.

Sad to see they have had to withdraw and that innocent people have died.

Isn't that: OCACA?

Togo have pulled out, so I guess the players are going home.

Shocking events which...

1. will play into the hands of the big european clubs who surely would love to see an end to the disruption that this competition causes.

2. will put a huge question mark over the World Cup.

But did anybody spot a little irony in Abebayors statement that he just wanted to go home. :wacko:

Shocking events which...

1. will play into the hands of the big european clubs who surely would love to see an end to the disruption that this competition causes.

2. will put a huge question mark over the World Cup.

But did anybody spot a little irony in Abebayors statement that he just wanted to go home. :wacko:

Huge question mark over the world cup Gordon? Over 500 police will accompany the players. Stringent measures have been put in place to protect the players and fans. Angola has been in the war with rebels for quite some time now. Angola has never held such a big sporting event, SA has done many big events with no problems.

Huge differences between Angola and South Africa, same continent different demographs. The only reason there will be a question mark put over the World Cup is if the papers have nothing else to write about.

Do you think adebayor ran the length of the bus yesterday to celebrate in front of the gunners?

This is only a joke people!

I was just about to ask when we were allowed to start the jokes, glad you went for it.

After the gunfire ceased, Adebayor was seen lying face down on the floor with his hands covering his head, crying. Diving c*nt.

Archived