BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Walker

sambo

In August it will be the tenth anniversary of the beloved Jack Walker's death.

I'm just wondering if the club plans to commemorate it, like they did soon after the death? I think it would be fitting, people should never forget what he did for our club.

Maybe something on the big screen before the game, with a video montage of all the happy moments we had with Uncle Jack?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just wondering if the club plans to commemorate it, like they did soon after the death? I think it would be fitting, people should never forget what he did for our club.

Maybe something on the big screen before the game, with a video montage of all the happy moments we had with Uncle Jack?

Totally agree.

Yes they are - it's already been raised at the Fans Forum. What actually happens will no doubt depend on the fixture list so no plans can be made yet. As you no doubt saw yesterday Stoke celebrated the 10th anniversary of Stanley Matthew's death a couple of weeks before the actual day. They have another home match nearer the date but it's a midweek game and I assume they decided they would sooner do it on a Saturday.

• Backroom

It still makes me pretty sad to think we were in the Championship when Jack died. He deserved to live to see us promoted. Hopefully there will be something done for him, nobody deserves commemoration more.

The original video would be good - the one we saw at the home game after his death!

With the 'Time to say goodbye' music?

I have it on video on one of the 'Rovervision' videos with the early season matches. The poem made for him is on there too.

If there's anyone who knows how to somehow make this VHS a DVD, I'd be glad for anyone else to get copies. It's a good watch - for a young fan like me it really shows the regard Jack was held in. Don't think you can watch it with dry eyes.

With the 'Time to say goodbye' music?

I have it on video on one of the 'Rovervision' videos with the early season matches. The poem made for him is on there too.

If there's anyone who knows how to somehow make this VHS a DVD, I'd be glad for anyone else to get copies. It's a good watch - for a young fan like me it really shows the regard Jack was held in. Don't think you can watch it with dry eyes.

like the team that jack built documentry, blubbered like a 2 week old baby when i watched that. depending on the fixture list there lay be a shout on a testimonial, the team jack built vs our young guns. but that would be a huge maybe. hard to beilive its been 10 years already

• 5 months later...

like the team that jack built documentry, blubbered like a 2 week old baby when i watched that. depending on the fixture list there lay be a shout on a testimonial, the team jack built vs our young guns. but that would be a huge maybe. hard to beilive its been 10 years already

Is this available anywhere, as i have not watched this before? :blush:

Yes, selling the Club to the Indians....Jack would not be impressed.

Remembering his tears the last time we went down and his vow that it would never happen again I'd imagine that there is much that he wouldn't be happy with regarding the way the club is currently run.

We have the next Fans Forum on 10th August and this will be an item on the agenda.

Surely if the club was doing anything they would let us know more than 7 days in advance??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived