BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Walker

sambo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely if the club was doing anything they would let us know more than 7 days in advance??

This is Rovers we are talking about remember.

deny.jpg

I have never met a better man.

May your rest in peace and watch over our club, may you smile as we progress and give us heart when we stumble.

You will always be remembered, never forgotten, and always cherished.

Thanks for making so many of our dreams come true. A special man who has given so much to the club. I hope that you are looking down with happiness with the way the club is progressing. You will never be forgotten and all the memories will continue.

JACK WALKER (1929-2000)

Rest In Peace.

Gone, but never forgotten. You made so many Rovers fans happy and made their dreams come true. People compare what you did to what has happened to Chelsea and Manchester City, but we are nothing alike. You did it because of your love for Rovers. You never wanted anything back. You made such an impact to peoples lives. I regret never having met you in person to thank you, but I'm sure you know what it meant to me and every other Rovers fan.

R.I.P Uncle Jack, you'll always be in our hearts.

The quotation below accompanied a centrefold picture of Jack in a programme from the opening fixture of, I think, the 2003-04 season. The remarkably poignant timing of recent developments make me think that Jack is still Thinking Big and keeping an eye on Rovers.

"I am but waiting for you, for an interval somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well".

As we enter what may be a new exciting era under Mr.Syed,I raise a glass to Rovers best loved supporter,Big Uncle Jack Walker.On behalf of all Rovers fans across the Globe,we thank you from the bottom of all our hearts for living the dream and taking us all on the best ride in our long proud history.

I have told my 9 year old son who is now a season ticket holder,about you and how you did what we all wish we could do ourselves.Tales of the wonderful times we had together will be told for generations to future Rovers fans,thanks to the history you created.

So to all Rovers fans reading this thread if you are having a glass of wine or what ever you are drinking,raise a glass to the best Rovers fan of all time.

R.I.P Uncle Jack we will NEVER forget you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Something I did for English.

Butlers Hands

James Butler worked magic after you left us.

As I sit looking into a bronzed face, caught in that moment,

Of dreams fulfilled and thousands of granted wishes,

I stare into eyes that remain forever staring at what you loved.

You would have spent your toll for the ferryman,

To cross the River Styx, to fulfill our dream and yours.

And for what? They may ask us.

For the ground that you stand sentinel,

And the club that it holds within its embrace,

The cheering and the crying,

And the tears on a childs face.

The mad beat of drums, sounding like Rorke's Drift,

And a name, perhaps from those shores.

You took a seed and tilled the land,

And made it something more,

You left it better than it was,

And ever could before.

For this we will be in your shadow,

And I will look into your face.

You are a colossus and we are your widow,

Take our blue and white shirts as black lace.

Archived