BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ideas To Commemorate Jack'S 10Th Anniversary

Hughesy

After the Fans Forum on Tuesday I can confirm that it is way too late to incorporate any memorial to Jack on next year's shirts. Shirt designs for one season are finalised during the summer before i.e. mid 2009 for the 2010-11 season.

The club are already well aware of the 10th anniversary and we will be discussing what would be appropriate ways to commemorate it at the next meeting in April. I have suggested having a transfer which could be added to shirts in the same way as names and numbers and they will be considering that alongside other ideas. Perhaps worth a separate thread for fans' ideas?

As per the above post........ideas wanted

One idea - Special Limited edition Rovers Kit, like the 125 years shirt - but this time having something special on for Jack Walker, and ask for special dispensation from the premier league to allow us to wear it for either 1 game or for the whole month maybe?

Perhaps we could have something added to the shirt....around being the only Town team to win the premier league too :unsure:

• Backroom

Whatever we do, keep it classy, masks of the great man isn't that.

I think if anything a simple video package and the shirt embroidered on the game closest to the anniversary.

A huge flag with something on it would be nice to have the whole season though.

As per the above post........ideas wanted

One idea - Special Limited edition Rovers Kit, like the 125 years shirt - but this time having something special on for Jack Walker, and ask for special dispensation from the premier league to allow us to wear it for either 1 game or for the whole month maybe?

Like that idea

Sacrifice a dingle :angry:

Thank you MGM. That made me laugh.

17th August 2010, 10 years on. The season should have started by then. Sod the merchandising and the comemmerative shirt.

Whichever home game we are playing closest to that date the whole of Ewood should stand for the whole game and just bellow "Uncle Jack's Blue & White Army" for the whole 90 minutes.

I know it's pretty mindless and that we'll still be last on MOTD. But by goodness it'll do us good.

Wadger reckon?

I think the limited edition shirt would be a massive seller, I was gutted when I missed out on the 125 years one!

I too think a contribution of the income should go to Cancer Research.....perhaps a pink & white halved shirt?! :blink:

Like the comemorative shirt idea and it could be used at the game nearest to the date of Jack's passing. Reduce prices for that game so that cost doesn't affect people attending and pack Ewood.

Don't mess with the colours though Hughesy :brfc:

Make the pink and white halved shirt the away shirt, embroider Jack's name and year of birth and death below the crest, and give a chunk of the proceeds to cancer research. Announce that those colors will be used for this year only, that it's a one off. I think the shirts would sell like hotcakes.

• Backroom

I think pink kits can be nice but in reality I can't see a lot of blokes wanting to wear one.

I'm hoping for a return to red and black stripes or all yellow again, with Crown in navy blue akin to the promtion at Wembley one

TCO- Real men wear pink. As we can crush anyone who gives us grief over it. ;)

Seriously, I understand your point. Which is why it should be clearly stated it's a one-year only deal as commerative shirt for Jack with the funds going to charity. From all appearances, Jack Walker was a doer. Saluting the man and making it have some consequence seems to me to be a fitting tribute, as opposed to a trinket or two and a few words.

And think of the sales. Normally I buy a shirt a year for myself. I sometimes get one for the kids, if they seem interested. In this case, I'd buy one for both myself and my wife. More importantly, as a one-off, I'd buy one for my daughter, then all the sizes up the chart until medium woman, so she'll have a pink and white halved Rover shirt through adulthood. That's easily 8 or so jersey's just for one family.

On the downside my 5 year old boy wouldn't wear one for all the tea in China. Which is fine, as he has a blue and white shirt already.

Testimonial game Rovers team of 95 with Kenny in charge V's a fans 11 with Sam in charge. perhaps even the mancs team of that year.

Would also be good for building a positive relationship between Sam and the fans. Cheap tickets £5.00 to ensure a sell-out with all profits going to cancer research.

A fans 11 with the big man in charge would be a great idea, with fans bidding for a place in the squad and a few places availabe by a lottery to give people a chace who can't raise the funds to outbid others. I'm not sure that would sell as well as a Rovers '95 team vrs Man Utd '95 team.

I think the latter could be realistic due to the friendship between Sam and Fergie.

are there any professional players through the leagues named alan shearer? buy them!

failing that a 10 million pound marquee signing funded by the trust.

failing that "there's only one jack walker" stitched in red on the back just, under the collar.

Whilst watching the Carling Cup final today, i noticed some of the advertising boards around the pitch had personal messages on them. Some were villa, some Man Ure. The idea got me thinking..... :unsure: Why not ask the club if this messageboard could 'buy' an advertising space somewhere in the ground i.e above the BBE lower (on the front of the top tier) or along the front of the Riverside (on the small wall infront of the first row of seats)? It could be paid for by messageboard donations & the proceeds go to charity?? :huh:

The advertising board could have something simple on it like :-

THERE`S ONLY 1 JACK WALKER (his birth & death dates) brfcs.co.uk

Along the front of the Riverside would be great as it would get lots of tv exposure.

What do people think? :huh:

Whilst watching the Carling Cup final today, i noticed some of the advertising boards around the pitch had personal messages on them. Some were villa, some Man Ure. The idea got me thinking..... :unsure: Why not ask the club if this messageboard could 'buy' an advertising space somewhere in the ground i.e above the BBE lower (on the front of the top tier) or along the front of the Riverside (on the small wall infront of the first row of seats)? It could be paid for by messageboard donations & the proceeds go to charity?? :huh:

The advertising board could have something simple on it like :-

THERE`S ONLY 1 JACK WALKER (his birth & death dates) brfcs.co.uk

Along the front of the Riverside would be great as it would get lots of tv exposure.

What do people think? :huh:

I've got to say I think that's a great idea, especially at the front of the Riverside facing the camera's.

Wouldnt that be too expensive?

That`s where we consult with the club. We tell them the brfcs messageboard members wish to commemorate (sp?) Jack Walker. We ask them if we could buy an advertising space (preferably one which hasn`t been used before) & place a banner there for the next season. The club will give us a price & hopefully some (if not all) of the money raised by the messageboard will go to charity.

I`m sure the club will be happy to help as much as they can.

Archived