BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

Lampard is injured. How many goals and assists did he get last season? That's not red top hyperbole, it's a fact

(Cue comments that the team is set up just to make him look good).

No doubt he's a good Prem player but he's not World Class.

Simple question - how many English players would get into Spain's WC winning team? Only 1 - Ashley Cole for Capdevila. Then remember that Fabregas and Torres were only on the bench and that shows how far behind we are .... :(

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple question - how many English players would get into Spain's WC winning team? Only 1 - Ashley Cole for Capdevila. Then remember that Fabregas and Torres were only on the bench and that shows how far behind we are .... :(

I get fed up of comparisons to Spain (Germany should be our model) but Arteta would walk into the England squad, and he's never even seen the inside of the Spanish dressing room.

I don't think the definition of world class is being able to get into the spain team. There are plenty of world class players that would be on the Spain bench. Fabregas for example

• 3 weeks later...

No Jones? Not bothered.

The longer he stays away from the England team the longer it will take for the vultures to start circling with real menace. After all why would England star Jones want to stay at dirty, little Blackburn when he could be on the subs bench at Spurs?!?

So no jones then. Shame but his time will come.

Jones isn't ready for England yet. He has quite some work to do on his game. Concentration and a tendency to ball watch being the main one imo. A full England call up would be way too much way too soon.

Politically though where would Capello be expected to play him? If he played him at CH he'd be open to criticism by the press for selecting a player who plays in a different position for his club, and if he played him in midfield then it's perhaps not his best position and he'd be criticised by the press again. Heads you win Tails I lose for Capello.

No Jones? Not bothered.

The longer he stays away from the England team the longer it will take for the vultures to start circling with real menace. After all why would England star Jones want to stay at dirty, little Blackburn when he could be on the subs bench at Spurs?!?

The vultures are already circling.

The vultures are already circling.

Yes, I know. That's why I said circling with real menace.

IMO, at the moment they are circling, but they are still quite high up. If Jones played for England, or even got called up, I think they would start circling with real menace ie lower, snapping their beaks, squawking and stuff.

You have forgotten about the narrative. Everything Capello does is stupid and incompetent as far as the media is concerned.

I've no particular issue with Capello, good luck to anyone taking on a squad with such limited quality. My issue, is the institutional bias that makes any English Man United player a shoe in for the squad- nevermind their form or experience.

Bothroyd just shows the paucity of forward talent- see Nugent, see Davies, see Zamora. However at centre half, there are alternatives- Jones and Cahill to name but two.

• 6 months later...

Joe Hart is rubbish. That's all.

Nothing to do with Joe Hart both goals cn 174. Milner has to take the blame along with Parker for the second goal the first was just one of those unfortunate ones. Now with criticism like from you and many more, this may rock Harts confidence, it will be interesting to see how he reacts and overcomes any such criticisms.

England should play in the cockney colours of claret and blue in order to satisfy or southern journalistic muppets.

Journalist along with ex pros who are not involved in the game should not have or be allowed to have an opinion only then might we be able as a nation to make some progress.

Bless 'em! They were tired, said ITV!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!

Nothing to do with individual mistakes and not being collectively good enough.

That dull brummie couldnt say that on behalf of ITV could he!

The truth and only the truth ..... for a nation that lost that meaning..... a long, long, time ago. ! :angry2:

Another inept England performance, but you have to credit the fightback. Hart should have had the 1st, the wall should not have moved for the 2nd.

I could go on and on as I get far more upset at sh!te England than Rovers.

Darren Bent again proved he is not international quality, however good he can be at club level. Missed 1 sitter and fluffed another.

Lampard is past it.

England cannot keep hold of the ball. It's pass, pass, bad touch, lose possession, regroup, and frustrate the opposition.

Blame has to lay with Premier league clubs not being fully supportive. The press building up the team only to knock them down. The players for not having the requisite skill, and a manager who I feel is more suited to club football.

Archived