BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hart did have a James-esque 5 minute spell. Dropped the ball then had a miskick on a clearance and a poor punch. He did seem to panic after making an initial error. To be fair to the lad it's the first mistake I've ever really seen him make.

But thankfully not the last.

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin Davies has been named in the England squad for the up coming qualifier

Heskey obviously stuck by his guns and turned down the plea for his return. In fairness Davies is probably (currently) better as the target man than Heskey in any case, IMO.

Defoe and Zamora not helping the situation.

These really are dark days for the England team. There is no doubt that Kevin Davies is a decent, experienced pro, but there is no way he'll be able to contribute anything to England in even the medium term. He is a waste of a call-up, Andy Carroll at least has something of a future- he certainly won't be 35 when the European Champs, unless you mean the 2024 Euros. This is a truly ludicrous squad. Don't even get me started on Shaun Shight-Phillips!

Who's been on form Andy Carroll or Davies? Davies gets the call up

He has also dropped Carson whos team are doing well for Green who's team are bottom.

He has then dropped Gary Cahill in defence, and has the likes of SWP, Huddlestone, Wilpshire in midfield :blink::blink:

No wonder England dont win anything!

Do we like Andy Carroll?

Even though he is due in crown court on an assault charge?

I can't keep up

He has also dropped Carson whos team are doing well for Green who's team are bottom.

He has then dropped Gary Cahill in defence, and has the likes of SWP, Huddlestone, Wilpshire in midfield :blink::blink:

Carson cost us a place at Euro 2008. I find it strange you forgive him but don't forgive Green, who by all accounts has been top drawer in his last few appearances.

We will still win both of these games with this "inferior" squad

Wasn't Carroll dropped for Ameobi at the weekend? Carroll is a million miles from being an international player.

Not happy about SWPs inclusion as I've never been a fan, but Huddlestone and Wilshere more than deserve a place.

It's Scott Parker's exclusion that has me confused. What more does he have to do?

What's wrong with Huddlestone and Wilshere?

You've got to love the utter stupidity that is all over the 606 messageboards.

The following is from a post that is linked to on the main BBC Football page!

"What do you reckon to this squad? Davies is obviously the biggest suprise. Not sure if I think its the greatest move ever, he is far form world class and not exactly one for the future. If Im being honest I reckon he is inferior to Heskey. If we need a powerhouse striker I'd personally be inclined to consider Grant Holt."

Brilliant.

These really are dark days for the England team. There is no doubt that Kevin Davies is a decent, experienced pro, but there is no way he'll be able to contribute anything to England in even the medium term. He is a waste of a call-up, Andy Carroll at least has something of a future- he certainly won't be 35 when the European Champs, unless you mean the 2024 Euros. This is a truly ludicrous squad. Don't even get me started on Shaun Shight-Phillips!

Dark days is Emile ###### Heskey getting 62 caps. Not a better player getting one.

What's wrong with Huddlestone and Wilshere?

Huddlestone isnt the best - Parker is a better player as Le Chuck points out.

Wilpshire hasnt really done much - yesterday against Chelsea he was seriously average.

As for Green doing well in his last 2 games - his team are still bottom, so what happened before those 2? A few more gaffs by any chance?

Huddlestone isnt the best - Parker is a better player as Le Chuck points out.

Wilpshire hasnt really done much - yesterday against Chelsea he was seriously average.

As for Green doing well in his last 2 games - his team are still bottom, so what happened before those 2? A few more gaffs by any chance?

You tell me, you have obviously watched all of West Ham's games.

Arguing over Carson and Green? Jesus. I dont remember fretting about the 2nd/3rd choice goalkeepers during any previous managerial tenure.

Kevin Davies has been named in the England squad for the up coming qualifier

I've no real views one way or the other on Davies being called up but take Rooney out of the equation and our striking options appear to be Davies, Crouch, Bent, Defoe.

That is frighteningly poor by international standards. And where will we be in another 4 years?

Looking even less promising presumably.

Archived