BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

We will see how Huddlestone does in the champions league (not the be all and end all, but should be a good barometer nonetheless)

Indeed-at any rate it will be a good indicator of whether he is good enough to play for England or not.

• Moderation Lead

Forgot about Rodwell tbh. Yeah, I'd rather he replaced Barry in truth. I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I think Gareth Barry could well be one of the most over-rated players I have ever heard of! The fact that so much in the WC hinged on his fitness was alarming!

Don’t see what all the fuss is about, Beckham is yesterdays news and not going to be available for the Euros or the next world cup.

He’s been a great servant, I take nothing away from him, but Capello needs to blood new talent, not lord past greats.

Thanks David, but your time is up.

I've been one of Capello's critics but this national outrage over ditching Beckham is ridiculous. He's past it. Move on. I don't understand why this country has such an unhealthy obsession with him, tbh.

I've been one of Capello's critics but this national outrage over ditching Beckham is ridiculous. He's past it. Move on. I don't understand why this country has such an unhealthy obsession with him, tbh.

Because the "narrative" is that Capello is to be sacked. The media write their stories with this in mind.

The Charlie Brooker episode where he talks about John Terry is a brilliant example of this.

Check it out

Because the "narrative" is that Capello is to be sacked. The media write their stories with this in mind.

Yes, he'll not survive now the press are on the case, pity really as they should be lambasting the players, not the manager in my opinion.

But then again the players have more longevity than the Capello I guess, so it makes more sense hammering the manager from a hack perspective.

Rooneys touch was so poor, always had a brilliant first touch, doesnt even look like a footballer at the moment, can he have burned out early like Owen??

Some of the very young starters seem to have short careers!!

Indeed, Sam said he will protect Jones for this reason.

Majiball will no doubt correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure in a young lad, bones grow at a much faster rate than muscles and harm can be done if not looked after correctly.

Don't get me started on Terry :angry2:

Having spent several thousand of pounds following the national side to far flung shores myself, I can confirm that in fighting between players is the last thing you want to hear about as a supporter.

I feel sorry for the fans that saved for 4yrs to follow these *****, plenty reside on this site.

Disgusting.

I feel sorry for the fans that saved for 4yrs to follow these *****, plenty reside on this site.

Disgusting.

Oh, give me a break.

If you're going to save for 4 years and pin your expectations on a team that have consistently disappointed over the last 44 years then you surely deserve no sympathy at all.

I've never been to a World Cup but I will 100% be at Brazil 2014 and will have an amazing time whether or not England do well.

If I were capello I would have kept him around, dependent on how he comes back from his injury. Old he maybe but dead-ball wise and crossing wise there is still no equal for him in the country. But he also comes with one thing that no other player does, he has played under capello before. Whilst the Terry's & the Gerrards squabble his highly respected voice could be a positive influence on some of the squad members, in respect to Capello the man. Player or not he should still be involved so that there is a supporter of the manager and someone who understands his ways and will always do the right thing by his country.

A 35 year old, seriously injured player that plays in the MLS. I respect Beckham and I wouldn't have been unhappy if he was kept on but Capello obviously feels it's time for him to move on.

There is a chance he won't even recover from such a serous injury at this stage. It's quite telling that AC Milan have also said they won't be trying to sign him.

Comments from some of his fellow players

He should still be involved in some capacity as he was in SA. Capello has few friends in the squad that much is obvious and Beckham could be a good buffer for him as he has the respect of all the sides. Anyway the time to judge his recovery is not now but in a couple of months once he actually played a bit as its hardly as if he relied on his pace. As long as he gets his full range of movement back he should be able to still whip in those balls on a six pence as always.

Beckham has always bounced back and is one of the fittest players ever seen in football with an attitude to be admired by all. I for one will not be surprised if he was to come back yet again.

I wouldn't read too much into the AC Milan thing either as given the overall age of their squad I'd say they are most likely looking to sign younger players, these days.

He said "probably" too old.

Can you really argue with that? We are supposed to be building toward 2012/2014.

That part comes down to the individual and how he has looked after himself his whole career as I've seen a 90 year old lady leading aerobics classes. Chronological age is merely one aspect to be considered, biological far more important.

He should be involved in some capacity as I have said, that doesn't mean he has to be a player, does it?

Nobody said Lampard wasn't a good player but has he played as well for England as Chelsea?

Didn't think so. You have to pick one or the other (Lampard or Gerrard) for England and frankly- I think based on last night's showing at least the decision is a no-brainer!

Some of the younger players were promising and that is a good sign. However, this is one match against Hungary- let's not get carried away. I personally think Dawson isn't good enough, give Zamora one more game as he acquitted himself well IMO last night.

Rooney needs to have several words with himself!

Thats the basic problem with the pair of them. They don't have the brain of an international midfielder. One can play in the hole and the other can watch on the telly.

Dawson isn't good enough by a mile but at the moment he deserves a chance in friendly matches, Zamora too although he is nothing even close to international quality either.

Archived