BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Young Player Of The Year

Im not sure, if there is a thread on this, but will be interesting to see who gets it. Its been a while, since we had 4 young players who have done well in the same season.

Mods, could we have a poll perhaps?

Olsson

Nzonzi

Kalinic

Jones

Im going to go for Olsson, Nzonzi, Kali

nic and Jones in that order.

Jones has not played that much, but has been impressive. Nzonzi has become a regular, and has been steady. Kalinic, despite a difficult start, has grown into the role of leading the line. He has also started to score goals, and with a bit more composure will score alot more. Olsson, is the 1 who has been very impressive, and has shown the pace we have been lacking. He has shown, that combined with his pace, he has the ability to score goals, and create them. The future certainly looks promising, and if we hold onto the youngsters we certainly will be challenging again.

Olsson or Nzonzi.

Nzonzi could easily stake a claim for Player of the Year. For a 21 year old from the French lower leagues to slot effortlessly into his first full PL season is some achievement. However, it might be tempting fate to give him that accolade so soon! :D

without a doubt steven nzonzi. to perform as he has at premier league level coming from french 3rd division football is superb. the young guy is learning while doing a crucial job in midfield for our club. he could very well become even better next season and go on to be our overall player of the year i reckon, if he`s not that already this season. i don`t see a rovers player in our squad who has done better personally. maybe david dunn if he`d been fit all season.

Has to be Olsson for me. N'Zonzi does a job, but hasn't really made the position his own, whereas I feel like Olsson has. Part of that's due to position, but then I also think the N'Zonzi position is about the easiest one to play on the football pitch.

I forgot about Junior, but he just hasnt had enough game time tbh. If Jones continues to impress, in the next 5 games then he could sneak in. However, its a toss up between Olsson and Nzonzi

Guest roverspogges

Has to be Nzonzi he's been ever present in the first team all season and established himself as first team player already.The emergence of olsson, jones and kalinic aswell is great to see, the futures looking bright.

Olsson for me. He has been excellent and has really stepped up and moved on. It would have been Nzonzi but he's dropped off recently. I still think Nzonzi is a future star but Olsson has been outstanding recently and has taken his chance with both hands.

N'Zonzi has done nowhere near enough to win player of the season as some have suggested. He's had some pretty anonymous games, but that is due to the amount of games he has had to play and his age. He's my tip for young player of the season though and it would be fully deserved. It's been a very good season for him.

Olsson, just. For him to be forgotten about, cast adrift and on the very fringes of the squad to now being a first team regular is some achievement.

If you had said a year ago that Martin Olsson would be one of our most consistent and best players this season they would have laughed at you.

For a french under 21 player to slot effortlessly into our midfield is also a great achievement and therefore Nzonzi would be a worthy winner as well.

Archived