BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

Thanks for that 1864. I hope we are all going to be in good voice next Saturday; it will make a change for me to sit among the more vociferous supporters; just like the old days;)

I'll be there, catching train from Chorley at 10:40 ish. Nobody better be sat in my seat

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get thrown out Fife. Behave yourself in there and remember you're representing BRFC fans everywhere.

Have a good day.

LOL! I'll try Den, but I can't promise. I'll be having a few before the game with some of the Edinburgh Roverites. Not sure where they are meeting up but a phone call the night before should reveal that info. Maybe McClarky knows?

LOL! I'll try Den, but I can't promise. I'll be having a few before the game with some of the Edinburgh Roverites. Not sure where they are meeting up but a phone call the night before should reveal that info. Maybe McClarky knows?

McClarky is away on holiday I believe. I'm planning to meet in the Murrayfield Bar before the match due to it child friendly licence. I'm not sure exactly what everyone else is doing but I think they might well end up at the same place. Will keep you posted.

McClarky is away on holiday I believe. I'm planning to meet in the Murrayfield Bar before the match due to it child friendly licence. I'm not sure exactly what everyone else is doing but I think they might well end up at the same place. Will keep you posted.

Ah right the Murrayfield Bar; I thought it would probably be there. I know a few of the chaps that go there to watch on TV. Fair walk from there to Tynecastle though; I had thought that somewhere along Gorgy Rd might be more suitable, but then all the pubs down that way could be full of Hearts fans.Anyway thanks for the heads up; will look forward to meeting you. Cheers.

Gilly ... I take it that this is the meeting place ... what time you boys aiming for?

we arrive edinburgh just after 11am. Going onto Rose Street before heading off down to Tynecastle for a few.

What bar is the most appropriate around Tynecastle for Away fans ?

Sorry 1864 but I can't help you as far as that is concerned, as I have never actuall been in any pubs anywhere near Tynecastle. However I do have a mate who lives in Edinburgh and may know the answer to your question. I will give him a ring right away and see what (if anything) he knows. Don't expect a quick reply from me though, as the guy concerned ALWAYS keeps me blethering for around an hour or so no matter how many times I tell him I must go. Wil post the info if and when I get it; .......watch this space.

TO ALL BRFC FANS COMING UP FOR THE HEARTS MATCH: Sorry for the delay folks but I have made enquiries and the upshot is that I have not been able to find out anything about any pubs or bars in the Gorgy Rd/Tynecastle area and therefore cannot tell you which if (any) are "away fan safe". Therefore the best advice I can give you is to do as 1864 says and drink in the Rose St area before making your way down to Tynecastle. All the pubs and bars in Rose St. are very cosmopolitan and visitor friendly as they mainly exist for the benefit of tourists and visitors to Edinburgh. Just one small word of warning though: I am told that most (if not all) have very efficient door staff and the police are never more than a minute or two away in this area. So have a good drink and enjoy yourselves, but just DONT get too boisterous, or you won't be seeing any match that day.

Oh just one more thing, and this is probably the most important bit for all people that are only used to visiting English football grounds:ALL SCOTTISH FOOTBALL GROUNDS IN THE SPL AND FIRST DIVISIONS have a no alcohol on the premises policy. Which means you will NOT be able to buy any alcoholic drink inside the ground, nor will you be allowed to enter the ground with any kind of container that may be construed as capable of holding alcoholic drink i.e. vacuum flasks or any kind of bottles etc. You will be searched on approach to the turnstiles.

Not sure if this info is of any help. Not able to go myself but hope you guys and gals who do have a great time - and a win would be nice please Rovers.

Yes thanks for that Mum: that is indeed very helpful.I would just like to add to that info you have provided that anybody coming by train on the West Coast Main Line i.e via Preston. You will come into Edinburgh via Haymarket station as the stop before your final destination Waverley station. You would be well advised to get off the train at Haymarket as this is the nearest station to Tynecastle and as two of the visitor friendly pubs mentioned in Mums attachment the Haymarket and the Ryries (sp) are right outside the Haymarket station, this looks like your best option for a pre-match drink.

Yes thanks for that Mum: that is indeed very helpful.I would just like to add to that info you have provided that anybody coming by train on the West Coast Main Line i.e via Preston. You will come into Edinburgh via Haymarket station as the stop before your final destination Waverley station. You would be well advised to get off the train at Haymarket as this is the nearest station to Tynecastle and as two of the visitor friendly pubs mentioned in Mums attachment the Haymarket and the Ryries (sp) are right outside the Haymarket station, this looks like your best option for a pre-match drink.

Pub details for the Hearts game:

The Diggers (or its official name - the Athletic Arms) at the top of Ardmillan Terrace - a traditional Hearts pub and well known by its nick name.

The Caledonian Ale House in Angle Park Terrace - nice and they do decent food.

Both are 5 minutes walk from the ground

However - stay clear of Robertson's Bar on Gorgie Road (next to the city farm) unless of course you want a fight and Stratford's (Stratties) at the foot of Stewart Terrace - it's filthy.

Gilly ... I take it that this is the meeting place ... what time you boys aiming for?

I might have to head off straight after the game, so from my point of view the ealier the better. What time can you get there for?

I am not able to make the gamre as I am on holiday but the Edinburgh based Rovers fans, yes there are a few, are meeting in the Murrayfield Bar before the game for a few scoops. This is about 10 minutes walk from Tynie and is where we watch the Rovers games usually. If arriving by train get off at Haymarket station and head along the main road outside the station (to the left) for about 1/2 mile until you get to the pub which is on the right hand side.

I might have to head off straight after the game, so from my point of view the ealier the better. What time can you get there for?

I hope to be their about 1'ish ... lets push this as the Rovers fans meeting place ... I like a good sing-song pre-match!

Wonder if we will try a different formation, surely the manager is thinking 3-5-2 hasn't quite suited us?

I know its not about results in pre season, but its better to see us have a decent run out rather than be embarrassed like we were at North End.

Archived