BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the best confidence builder before the season. Lets hope it hasnt knocked anything out of the players. I have a feeling that the air of uncertainty around the club isnt helping the management or the players right now (not even mentioning the fans).

Actually, I'm not all that worried. Pre-season performances mean very little, especially when our metier is grinding out results. Players are usually stuck in first-gear, trying to build up their fitness and avoid any injuries. It's the lack of quality added to the squad that concerns me most.

You sum up my thoughts perfectly topman, thats exactly how I see it.

I feel confident that Rovers will bring in a couple of attack minded quality additions before the season starts.

The only thing that worries me is the amount of traveling we are doing. The important thing is that our squad is getting match practice and the fact that the teams we're playing against are playing better than us means we are playing some good opposition in our friendlies and it is giving us stuff to work with. We could have played 6 non-league teams in pre-season and thumped them all but it wouldn't have caused us any problems and we would probably perform a lot worse at the start of the season.

Wasn't that the same as least pre-season?...in fact during most of the season itself?

We finished 10th.

It can't be as bad as pre-season 1994...and we did alright that year.

Pre-season means little, but consistently losing, and the whole air of uncertainty around the club must be denting confidence.

Finishing 10th last season means nothing either - we finished 6th the season before our last relegation ....

Pre-season means little, but consistently losing, and the whole air of uncertainty around the club must be denting confidence.

Finishing 10th last season means nothing either - we finished 6th the season before our last relegation ....

Think its too easy to have a knee-jerk to pre-season results - it is mostly about fitness.

However considering we have lost almost every game, are clearly lacking striker(s), and the unsettling talk of the takeover on the manager, things cannot be great.

New signings and fresh faces can boost players too - maybe I am looking at things too negatively but don't think we are in great shape currently - and we've had no other clubs coming in for our better players, yet....

Anyone know why the friendly Accringtom Stanley v a Blackburn XI has vanished from all the fixture lists??

It was due to be played at 19.30 on Saturday and apart from some phantom links on Google I can't find any trace of it nor any word of a cancellation!

Lack of goals, Sam being extremely unhappy and our main players not getting any pre-season minutes are the worries - not results IMO.

someone in sydney said they bumped into a less than jovial shall we say trio of roberts, keeef and grella, good riddance of course, but who is coming in? people need to realise that heskey would probably be a decent addition all things considered,,,

I could not think of anywhere to put this. I am coming up to Blackpool today then tommorrow onto Blackburn to the club shop at ewood & other things. Could someone please tell me where early enough they will be showing the Rovers vs Sydney game. I was told it would be on in the postal order in town but I didn't think they had Fox Sports 3. Can someone please confirm otherwise anywhere else in Blackburn showing the match?

thanks.

Archived