BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear.

17 MINS: Huddersfield take the lead with a quality strike, a ball in from the right is well defended by Jackson Ramm, the clearance bounces up for Joey Gudjonsson and he volleys the ball high into the roof of the net from 20 yards. You don't save them. Huddersfield 1 Rovers 0

32 MINS: Neat approach play by Rovers, Ramm in from the right to Diouf, he tees it up for Linganzi to shoot but it goes just over the bar

HALF TIME: Huddersfield 1 Rovers 0 - A lively first half and a peach of a goal to seperate the two sides.

I wonder what happened in the lost 13 minutes...

oh wait, I know....f...all :(

Out of the team we've got out tonight only Diouf would be in the first eleven at the start of the season, so the result of this is somewhat irrelevant.

No result for me is irrelevant, there are some young lads out on the park tonight and they appear to ne putting in a performance against a well drilled Huddersfield team, I saw some of their games last year and are well organised with one or two decent players.

We are short up top, we know that, I still think we will get a freebie or a loanee at least for ther striker department and with a midfielder as well, we may be OK.

I also hope Zurab has a good game and we can move him on.

Jackson Ramm seems prominant <_<

• Backroom

No result for me is irrelevant, there are some young lads out on the park tonight and they appear to ne putting in a performance against a well drilled Huddersfield team, I saw some of their games last year and are well organised with one or two decent players.

We are short up top, we know that, I still think we will get a freebie or a loanee at least for ther striker department and with a midfielder as well, we may be OK.

I also hope Zurab has a good game and we can move him on.

Jackson Ramm seems prominant <_<

I'm not necassarily saying it's completely irrelevant to everything, but if these boys lose tonight there's not really any relevance to the season ahead in the result. It's no different to a ressies match really.

ROVERS TEAM: Bunn, Ramm, Morris, Khizanishvili, Hanley, Gunning, Linganzi, Temourian, Blackman, Diouf, Rigters

Which would mean:

.............Blackman....Rigters..............

..Ramm...Morris..Teymourian..Linganzi..Diouf..

...........Hanley...Zurab...Gunning...........

....................Bunn......................

?

Judging by the amount of times Zac Aley is appearing in the Live Matchblog since coming on, it seems like he is impressing again.

72 MINS: Strong run by Aley down the left, he wins a corner. Diouf is booed as he goes over to the corner, he waves at the Huddersfield fans.

80 MINS: Aley with a superb cross that the Huddersfield defender has to head over his own bar.

81 MINS: Aley with a fearsome shot on the turn, it flashes a yard over Alex Smithies crossbar.

Judging by the amount of times Zac Aley is appearing in the Live Matchblog since coming on, it seems like he is impressing again.

72 MINS: Strong run by Aley down the left, he wins a corner. Diouf is booed as he goes over to the corner, he waves at the Huddersfield fans.

80 MINS: Aley with a superb cross that the Huddersfield defender has to head over his own bar.

81 MINS: Aley with a fearsome shot on the turn, it flashes a yard over Alex Smithies crossbar.

He impressed me last night. The link up between him, Junior and Branco last night was much better than anything that went before. It wasn't hard but they made a clear difference.

He impressed me last night. The link up between him, Junior and Branco last night was much better than anything that went before. It wasn't hard but they made a clear difference.

Could this be another find, he is quite quick, he played for Southport Youth against our youth team a year or so ago, scored three, looks sharp!

He's surely the highlight of the pre-season games so far. I'm quite happy if we lose the majority of pre-season games if it means a few of the youngsters stepping up and showing that they're ready to push for a place in the first team squad. So far, a few of them seem to be doing that.

Can anyone please give me some info about Rodrigo Branco? Can't find anything about him on the web? age? where have he played etc??

This might be totally wrong but maybe it's not his real name?

Apparently he's from Brazilian side Sport Club Corinthians Paulista

Looks like our free-scoring first team has rubbed off on the second string. God we need some strikers.

Two games against relatively weak opposition yet, NO goals scored, and very few chances created.

Strengthening the first team by putting more goals into the side doesnt need to be said does it. Hear Rovers are paying Maceo Righters too much that he wont take a pay cut to go elsewhere now aint that just great.

Hudds fan here

Decent game if a little boring

Your number 7 was terrible, the big black central midfielder. Diouf was good, that extra bit of class. Your two centre backs played well. All your forwards were pretty poor I thought

Joey G was the best player on the pitch and that goal capped a top drawer performance. Thought we passed it around well at times but were very wasteful in the final third

Archived