BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Versus Arsenal - The Final Home Match Of 2009/2010

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great atmosphere in the DE today. We gave it to em good style! :tu:

At one point one of the L`arse fans threw his scarf off the top tier in a blind rage before being dragged out ranting & raging at the Rovers fans beneath him :lol:

I must admit two of the songs aimed at Wenger were rather naughty :unsure: & may have been the trigger for the raging gunner to 'lose it'....

A great spirited 2nd half from the guys on the field & a well deserved lap of honour at the end. Looking forward to next season & hopefully the Darwen End Blue Brigade will swell in its ranks & create an even better atmosphere inside Ewood Park next season!! :tu:

Might I respectfully suggest that the BBEnders remember what they are there for and get behind the team :P

.....& not just after our 2nd goal goes in! :unsure:

Yes, well done to the DE Blue Brigade. You put the BBE to shame.

Ooh, I clapped when we scored.

Seriously though, the Darwen End was rocking today. They were loud & vocal, I tip my hat to them.

Apart from that, agree with 1864Roverite. You've summed it up for me.

And another tip of the hat to SA for instructing Rovers to "bully" the Arsenal goalkeeper at set pieces. Not "foul," just put under pressure. This time it worked & Samba scored the winner.

Van Persie to score first and Rovers win 2-1,i did it beginning of the season with the villa home game with Agbonlahor (sp) to score first and it netted me a nice wedge! :tu:

EDIT:70/1 on skybet so,it should be worth a couple of quid!

3rd scorecast this season :tu:

Although the irony is i took one look at the team news and thought bloody hell we`re going to get stuffed,so i only put a pound on! Ah well,i hope somebody else looked at the bet and decided to have some :D !

Was in the Darwen End today... I now have no voice! Fantastic atmosphere once again.

For those in the BBE (and elsewhere) wanting to be part of a good atmosphere next season, move over to the Darwen End. You will love it, it's certainly the place to be.

wenger must have been drewling over our central defenders today, samba were immense and jones came inn and did a good job as well. both campbell and silvestre were awful, i know they are not 1.team players, but only varmaelen has been good for them this year in heart of the defence.

Just want to say, well done andrews, put himself around alot in the second half as well as some real nice touches. Once again didnt look out of place in the first 11.

once again ?? in most games he has played he has looked out his depth - nice to see he has fans tho :)

Isn't it great to see Arsene Wenger complain about our team once again?? It means we are finally back boys - back amongst them, giving the big boys the games that they dont like.

Such a shame for the French tart! :lol:

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH!! :brfc:

Isn't it great to see Arsene Wenger complain about our team once again?? It means we are finally back boys - back amongst them, giving the big boys the games that they dont like!

Exactly.

There were no complaints last season when we rolled over and died at Ewood as we gifted them a 4-0 win.

Ince has gone now...and finally Sam is giving us our Rovers back.

Welcome back the Bully Boys!

I think Whenger is one of the best managers in football but if I was his Chairman I'd instruct him to stay away from the cameras and microphones. He does himself no favours whatsoever and just comes across as immature and a rank bad loser.

As for his team ..... he calls the opposition but from watching today every time one of his players 'win' a foul as soon as they hear a whistle they stay down and writhe in agony until the trainer turns up with a doubly magic sponge. The obvious intention is to get an opposition player yellow carded or worse! Not good and definitely not sporting at all. They really should be made to cut it out!

On that subject wtf was the ref doing when Fabienski played dead in the first half? He kept hold of the ball instead of rolling it out of play and when Martin Atkinson allowed the trainer on and then literally gave the ball to the keeper to resume play it became farcical. What's the point of rules when refs simply make em up / amend them to suit?

On that subject wtf was the ref doing when Fabienski played dead in the first half? He kept hold of the ball instead of rolling it out of play and when Martin Atkinson allowed the trainer on and then literally gave the ball to the keeper to resume play it became farcical. What's the point of rules when refs simply make em up / amend them to suit?

Guy next to me claimed that was the rule now when a keeper was injured. New one on me, I thought it should have been a drop ball.

A great 2nd half by all the team.rovers bossed the midfield for 30 minutes.apart from the odd shot Arsenal offered very little attack wise & defence they had heavy legs in the last 10-15 mins.Wenger wont see it this way tho.

Strange. I was sat in the Darwen End today, didn't think the atmosphere was great, only after we took the lead. Same could be said about the Blackburn End. Nevertheless, cracking result today. Feared the worst when RVP scored (again :angry2: ) but credit to the team, we stuck at it and got a magnificent result.

Credit to Givet today who I thought was outstanding in our defence, especially against the pace of Walcott. Great result and hopefully should be enough to secure 10th spot this season.

Guy next to me said claimed was the rule now when a keeper was injured. New one on me, I thought it should have been a drop ball.

It was a drop ball, but Roberts just walked away from it due to sportsmanship.

Isn't it great to see Arsene Wenger complain about our team once again?? It means we are finally back boys - back amongst them, giving the big boys the games that they dont like.

Such a shame for the French tart! :lol:

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH!! :brfc:

Couldn't have said it any better, Hughesy.

Wasn't really expecting too much but really took it up to them in the second half and fully deserved to win.

Big Samba was smiling the house down at the end ... awesome result Blues!

I thought we were fantastic today and the lack of booing of certain players seemed to spur the team on!! Taday should be a day when as fans we should be proud as we supported the team throughout and never once criticsed anybody and long may it continue!! It just goes to show in my opinion how much it does really affect players when we do call them fit to burn rightly or wrongly and i would hope it never happens again!! Ha ha like thats going to happen!

Absolutely. It should have been a contested drop ball. I'm all for sportsmanship but the rules should be applied as playing by the rules is the basis of sportsmanship. Far too many players take advantage of what is viewed as "sportsmanship" by playing dead, feigning injury in order to disrupt the game and gain an advanatge. Unless there is a serious incident the game should continue and if a player deliberately plays a ball out the opposition should not give it back at the re-start of play. Yesterday Fabienski should have released the ball or there should have been a competitive bounce up.

As for the game? Well I'd been working from 6.00am, up at 4.45am, in order to make the time to get there. Just before Dunny scored I could feel myself nodding off and wondering if it was possible to snooze at a football match. The first half was the usual rubbish. Second half I though we were excellent and left the ground wishing we could play like this every week. I felt Rovers got all they desreved from this game which was a very good win, and the same could be said for Arsenal. Their cheating, feigning injury is a huge discredit to the club and manager (who is clearly an intelligent, articulate man but ultimately a cheat) and as such I'm delighted they lost and have been out of the championship race for some time. Arsenal used to play great football but these days are just a team oh highly talented cheats. Venger has a strong enough personality to stop this if he wishes to.

Archived