BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Versus Arsenal - The Final Home Match Of 2009/2010

Can somebody please explain the reasoning behind the 'naughty' songs aimed at Arsene Wenger?? :unsure: My girlfriend asked me why he was being called these things......& i couldn`t answer her :unsure:

I know the guy isn`t what the songs suggest (& it`s not a nice thing to accuse anybody of), but i don`t understand where it originated from.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I presume it's because he has a slightly dodgy look about him and he likes to use 'kids' at arsenal.

Moronic chants though in what world is it witty to call someone a peadophile?

I didn`t say it was witty......merely wanted to know if there was a story/theory behind the songs.

There were accusations bandied about when he first arrived in UK football about his sexual orientation. I can only presume that someone thought if he was going to be slurred with gay rumours, he might as well be accused of interfering with children too.

there is reference to an internet rumour that started all the peodophile chants towards the bottom of this article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2003/aug/18/sport.comment

From that link:

In the first of two extracts from a gripping new biography, Jasper Rees talks ...

Jeepers, "gripping"?! About as rivetting as the weekly shop. Guardian reader must lead a dull existence.

Grudging praise and pretty pathetic post considering the elation among supporters of a fine Rovers win over a top 4 side and one that has made us suffer grievously in the past. This is criticism of the manager for the sake of it, provides nothing constructive and should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

You really are a grumpy old bugger aren't you? Cheer up, it might never happen.

I said it was a good win, but I still don't like Allardyce. My opinion, which I am entitled to air on here as much cantankerous old sods like you are to disagree.

Regarding the Wenger chants, there was a classic case of knuckle-dragging moron in the Bburn End (N01, probably about row 10, seat 25-30) stood up chanting it while Ewood was deathly quiet in the first half. An embarrassment to the club, but too stupid to realise he was an embarrassment to himself too. Had a home made t-shirt with a heart, and "Super Kieth" (that was how he'd spelt it - not my error). Had a box of those cardboard clapper things and was throwing them around, much to everyone's annoyance.

Unfortunately that's what you get with selling such cheap season tickets! :rolleyes:

Regarding the Wenger chants, there was a classic case of knuckle-dragging moron in the Bburn End (N01, probably about row 10, seat 25-30) stood up chanting it while Ewood was deathly quiet in the first half. An embarrassment to the club, but too stupid to realise he was an embarrassment to himself too. Had a home made t-shirt with a heart, and "Super Kieth" (that was how he'd spelt it - not my error). Had a box of those cardboard clapper things and was throwing them around, much to everyone's annoyance.

Unfortunately that's what you get with selling such cheap season tickets! :rolleyes:

I saw the clappers in the box, why was he even allowed to take them up to his seat? Stewarding at Ewood is getting right on my breasts lately, sick of being stared at for 90 minutes by one in particular.

What an odd thing to say :blink:

Blackburn Rovers have been applauded by the media, the game & their own fans for making football more affordable.

One fan out of 19000 season ticket holders acts like a knob & you throw a "cheap seats attract idiots" comment into the debate.

What an odd thing to say :blink:

Blackburn Rovers have been applauded by the media, the game & their own fans for making football more affordable.

One fan out of 19000 season ticket holders acts like a knob & you throw a "cheap seats attract idiots" comment into the debate.

I agree that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having cheap season tickets, and the lowering of prices and rise in neanderthals may be coincidental, but there's definitely been an increase in the type of fan who think it's funny to sing about Wenger being a kiddie-fiddler, that they "we f**king hate the French" but in the next breath are singing for Givet, sing the infamous Owen Coyle song, think throwing bins around is entertainment, and think casual racism is normal, rational behaviour.

It's a fact, like it or not.

I agree that there's absolutely nothing wrong with having cheap season tickets, and the lowering of prices and rise in neanderthals may be coincidental, but there's definitely been an increase in the type of fan who think it's funny to sing about Wenger being a kiddie-fiddler, that they "we f**king hate the French" but in the next breath are singing for Givet, sing the infamous Owen Coyle song, think throwing bins around is entertainment, and think casual racism is normal, rational behaviour.

How many people have sung the Wenger song? Ive never heard it. How often did you hear the Coyle chant at Ewood? Don't tar the home support- one of the most good natured, family orientated support bases around with what sometimes goes on away from home.

Also, 'We feckin hate the French' has been sung by some for at least 5 years, the time of Viera and Henry. When STs were about £400 in the Blackburn End.

You are incorrect, like it or not.

Sounds like you were sat in the BBE N02 on Monday...

Also, 'We feckin hate the French' has been sung by some for at least 5 years, the time of Viera and Henry.

We didn't have half a dozen or so players who speak French as a first language then though did we?

Campbell and Silvestre wouldnt have looked out of place in a Burnley back four :)

Just dont know were all this long ball stuff in the media is coming from FFS. Thought Rovers played some great effective football in the second half which had me and most of the crowd on our feet cheering for more. Watching Dunny, Hoilet and Olsson running with the ball and Salgado in brief patches was a treat to watch ably supported by the rest of the team.

Arte et labore.. we'll keep the blue and white flag flying high. :rover:

Spot on - so does this one go down as a Tactical Master-stroke? He knew the keeper was Dodgy and the team worked on it all week - he also knew the defence was slow & gave them Olsson & Hoilett to deal with - which they couldnt! Roberts was also fantastic in the 2nd half. Silvestre could easily have gone!

Sounds like you were sat in the BBE N02 on Monday...

I never heard anything in N02. Small number must be singing it!

What is/are these songs everybody is referring to - as I didn't here any against Wenger

Just the one hilarious sole rant by a BB Ender against the French.

As for the game - what a way to finish your home games - you could actually visably see our step up in the gears that was so refreshing - and showed we do have the ability, if only we had more confidence to do it.

As for Arsenal - as others have said their fans for once seem to be in reality as none I have heard or seen comments from concurs with the winger Wenger - he never has anything good to say about us.

A well deserved win - my motm was Givet

It's not hard to ignore a chant you don't really agree with, especially by an complete minority. It's not as though Wenger had any chance of hearing it to cause him any offence. It's not big, not clever, but hardly a cause for mass outrage.

I don't fancy reading back through the thread, but, I wanted to throw in that I thought Keith Andrews was tremendous versus Arsenal.

I'm not an Epic Keith Defender, but I certainly thought he put in a great performance, and given how people jump on him for the slightest, I wanted to specifically single out KA for praise. :tu:

You really are a grumpy old bugger aren't you? Cheer up, it might never happen.

I said it was a good win, but I still don't like Allardyce. My opinion, which I am entitled to air on here as much cantankerous old sods like you are to disagree.

Me too

Saw that pillock. What an utter gobshite.

Archived