BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 2010-2011

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, what an awfully played and dull opener. If we get 17 more weeks of that, ugh...

Right, cos when United and Chelsea have another dull game, we fully expect the other 379 games to follow suit...

It was nice to see our defense hold the Vikings scoreless in the second half and had it not been for three dropped passes and two missed FG's, it would have been a blowout. Hoping they continue to improve, but the next game at the 49'ers is going to be tough.

So who's going to the Broncos - 49'ers game at Wembley? Abbey, did you get tickets?

I'm going to my first ever NFL game. The only time I watched it on TV was when I was staying with friends in Boston, MA who were massive Patriot fans. Didn't really understand what the commentators were saying but the game seemed pretty straight forward to follow.

The only reason I am going is because my friend was a massive 49'ers fan and he reguarly went to Wembley for the games but sadly he suddenly died aged 27 from Marfan syndrome. Not long after he died they announced that his favourite team were playing at Wembley so we thought it would be a great tribute to him to go and experience what he loved so much.

I'm really looking forward to it. Not sure what to expect but I hope they don't ruin our Wembley pitch :lol:

OoOoO.

So glad I got Calvin Johnson and his massive 4 points today.

I am being absolutely slaughtered this week though, not even a contest.

We've had this debate in other leagues before, but I really feel the veto power should only be used when there seems to be collusion or cheating of some sort, but it's just a personal opinion. It shouldn't be there for the other owners to protect perceived stupidity.

OoOoO.

So glad I got Calvin Johnson and his massive 4 points today.

I am being absolutely slaughtered this week though, not even a contest.

We've had this debate in other leagues before, but I really feel the veto power should only be used when there seems to be collusion or cheating of some sort, but it's just a personal opinion. It shouldn't be there for the other owners to protect perceived stupidity.

I believe the significant imbalance towards defensive players scoring high points renders many offensive players useless, trading starting quarterbacks (albeit Anderson) for linebackers (Farrior) makes this clear. Other than Romo, my top 5 scoring players were IDP on Sunday, surely that can't be right, can it?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEMBLEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

BRONCOS FOOOOOOK YES DONE IT,GOT EM GET IN...AV IT BLOCK 502 ROW 2,65 QUID NO IDEA WHERE IT IS...2 HOURS SLEEP ON NIGHTS BACK TO BED :wub::wub::wub::wub:

I believe the significant imbalance towards defensive players scoring high points renders many offensive players useless, trading starting quarterbacks (albeit Anderson) for linebackers (Farrior) makes this clear. Other than Romo, my top 5 scoring players were IDP on Sunday, surely that can't be right, can it?

I'm always happy to keep tweaking the scoring and I've done a bit this week as a few issues have been raised, but in general the feedback that I've had is that people enjoy the fact that individual defensive players are actually significant in the league and so have value during games and increased trade value.

As for offensive players not being as useful, the top 12 scoring players so far have all been offensive players and 30 of the top 50 are offensive players, so they still have the advantage. In part the problem is that we have 16 teams playing 3/4 wide receivers and 2/3 running backs, versus only two linebackers or cornerbacks, so playing the 3rd choice receiver for a team isn't going to get you a ton of points.

I'd say that offensive players will generally still win you the week though and that they have the potential to score far more points in a week than a defensive player can (see Manning this week). Good defensive players will probably get low 20s most weeks with this scoring system, whereas an offensive player who has a good week will be in the 40-50 range and possibly even higher (4 50+ this week).

EDIT: Just so it is noted, the change I made to address this slight imbalance was to add 1 point per reception and 0.5 points per carry.

Archived