BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

• Backroom

Anti-supporters? Get a grip man.

All hail the mighty onlyonetugay, he is such a brilliant Rovers fan I wish we could all be like him.

Edit: I appreciate that may sound over harsh but you make it seem like anyone who doesn't sit in the DE and sing sh*te songs isn't a proper fan or some guff

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anti-supporters? Get a grip man.

All hail the mighty onlyonetugay, he is such a brilliant Rovers fan I wish we could all be like him.

Edit: I appreciate that may sound over harsh but you make it seem like anyone who doesn't sit in the DE and sing sh*te songs isn't a proper fan or some guff

Nah it doesn't sound harsh. Some Rovers fans want to support their team, cheer the players on for 90 minutes and encourage others to do the same.

********!!! Get them out of the club. No place for people like that at Rovers.

Good one blue and white!! Who is this TCO? It's like being in the Blackburn End and having one of those 'spectators' asking you to sit down and stop singing. I've looked back at some of his posts where he calls our supporters 'a load of chavs' , our songs ' sh*te and half-assed , is more supportive of the Chelsea fans and then comes from nowhere to have a pop at me, when I'm commending your post. And he says I should get a grip!! I'm so glad the Rovers had the foresight to open the Darwen End for those of us who've had enough of sitting elsewhere.

Watching that recent Accrington Stanley League Cup Tie on tele was an eye-opener for me. Couldn't believe the level of noise and consistent commitment.

I'm sure that got through to the players and spurred them on. So keep up the good work chaps. Don't see what condoms have to do with it though. Better uses for them surely!

• Backroom

Good one blue and white!! Who is this TCO? It's like being in the Blackburn End and having one of those 'spectators' asking you to sit down and stop singing. I've looked back at some of his posts where he calls our supporters 'a load of chavs' , our songs ' sh*te and half-assed , is more supportive of the Chelsea fans and then comes from nowhere to have a pop at me, when I'm commending your post. And he says I should get a grip!! I'm so glad the Rovers had the foresight to open the Darwen End for those of us who've had enough of sitting elsewhere.

Who am I? I'm a season ticket holder who is as passionate about the club as the next man and have said I fully support the DE initiative and especially lads like Azzy_B who seem to have put a lot of effort in.

All I said is I was disappointed when I sat there that the nature of the songs were mainly about a players ex Wife than about encouraging the team.

What I don't like is people saying who should be allowed to support the club and how we should do it.

I don't think anyone has anything against the DE it's just after constantly hearing how amazing it is after trying it I thought it was OK but mainly a load of chavs thinking it was hilarious to sing a song about Cheryl Cole ad nauseum and some half assed attempt at a foreign chant.

I'm not saying the atmosphere is any better in the Blackburn End but it's not a lie when it's said you very rarely hear the Rovers section of the DE from the BBE.

Me and my Dad said we will try it again one time as maybe we just picked a bad day for it as quite frankly the Rovers part of the DE couldn't compete with the Chelsea fans even though they were silent for the majority of the match.

You'd be most welcome... I wasnt there against Chelsea so can't comment but it's certainly been excellent each and every time i've been in.

Singing D-I-S-C-O and jumping round like nobs, blowing up condoms and wafting them round is nothing to be proud of at all, it's downright embarassing to anyone connected to the club.

If they'd blown up balloons you'd be moaning, you probably think throwing a beach ball around is nothing to be proud of too ;)

The D-I-S-C-O song is great fun and jumping around doesn't make us nobs.

I love the Darwen End, I quite like the criticism too because I know there's room for improvement, hopefully it'll only get better, this is just the start!

• Backroom

Like I said maybe I chose a bad game as Chelsea had the majority of the DE that day.

It just seems a bit at the minute that if you sit in the BBE you are labelled as a moaner which is simple untrue, some of the lads behind me do their upmost to get the crowd going all the time. Also there was a lot of negativity heard in the DE on my one visit namely when Roberts came on at HT and when he missed his chance so the no negativity rumour is also untrue.

OK Tom thanks for the explanation. I'm just the type of fan who ignores MGP's misplaced pass or his mistimed air tackle and instead celebrates his fantastic set piece delivery and his recent goals. It's the same with the Darwen End Singing Section. Of course I didn't like the condom nonsense or the Cheryl Cole song but I'm willing to put up with that and encourage their constant support throughout the match, their chanting for Robinson and their attempt to improve the atmosphere. It's just a positive way of supporting the team and a great initiative. The club hierarchy really are chuffed with what's happening in there

• Backroom

I'm with you there mate, read the MGP thread I've been his biggest backer :lol:

Over negativity is crap but it is everywhere and as much as people wont like it they are as entitled to support the club in whatever way they see fit

No hard feelings bud sorry for the rant

And you don't think the temperamental, grumpy moaners so prevalent in other areas of the ground are an embarassment? The booing of successful ex players and managers tarnishes the club, the chanting for different formations and for substitutes during matches is a painful example of deluded malcontents thinking they know best and the scapegoat criticism meated out to the likes of Pedersen, Andrews etc can be extremely damaging to performances on the pitch.

Not to mention the example these people set young fans. One of my friends said an 11 year old who sits behind him in the B'Burn End never stopped moaning and swearing at our own players against Villa. That is the kind of twisted anti-support that kids will start growing up with thinking is the norm if the negativity at Ewood was to continue unchecked. I'm not saying the Darwen End exists to combat the moaners but its certainly the reason I moved there, the fact that they never stop singing is fantastic as well.

Booing ex players? Look no further than your pals in the Darwen End booing Brad for refusing to wave at them.

If they'd blown up balloons you'd be moaning, you probably think throwing a beach ball around is nothing to be proud of too ;)

The D-I-S-C-O song is great fun and jumping around doesn't make us nobs.

I love the Darwen End, I quite like the criticism too because I know there's room for improvement, hopefully it'll only get better, this is just the start!

I wouldn't say anything negative about blowing balloons up. No matter how you try and dress it up, blowing condoms up is pathetic, there's no 2 ways about it, it's not an opinion it's a blatant fact.

If you want to sing your little disco song and bounce into each other then crack on, what this does to support the team I have no idea though.

Booing ex players? Look no further than your pals in the Darwen End booing Brad for refusing to wave at them.

I think it was the Newcastle game, Big Sam didn't wave back to us and we did the same to him.

I wouldn't say anything negative about blowing balloons up. No matter how you try and dress it up, blowing condoms up is pathetic, there's no 2 ways about it, it's not an opinion it's a blatant fact.

If you want to sing your little disco song and bounce into each other then crack on, what this does to support the team I have no idea though.

Blowing up a balloon is fine but a condom is pathetic, I don't see what the difference is.

What does that flag in the Blackburn End do to support the team, I have no idea ;)

Difference between a balloon and a Johnny?..a balloon on your knob is a bit tight! Well it is foe me !

I did say blowing up a balloon but obviously you have to blow it up first to make it fit on your big ....... ;)

Switched from the Jack Walker Upper to the Darwen End for the Villa game. It was good to savour a different matchday experience, more like an away trip. Went in last season when we beat Bolton so maybe should so it more often (think you can switch up to 6 times a season). As we arrived late we did not get to stand in the first half but enjoyed doing so in the second.

What is the Unreserved seating etiquette? Are you allowed to nick someone's spot if they go for a pie at half time? We were pretty ruthless about this and it paid off! Just wish we had a proper terraced alternative to avoid the raked shin symptom of victory!

The singing and daft stuff is fine, no point in being precious about vocal support... I do believe the Blue Brigade should reinstate the chant from my signature tho'!

• Backroom

I can't personally criticise 'silly' chants too much, my all time favourite is Derby (I think) singing 'Lets pretend we've scored a goal' followed by mad celebrations in that season they were totally pants.

I think it was the Newcastle game, Big Sam didn't wave back to us and we did the same to him.

Exactly, it was a bit of fun... not that Ossydave knows what that is! :lol:

Blowing up a balloon is fine but a condom is pathetic, I don't see what the difference is.

See above ;)

What does that flag in the Blackburn End do to support the team, I have no idea ;)

The flags OK, we are soon to have one in the Darwen End albeit in a different format!

Are you about 11 or something Ben? No I don't find blowing up condoms to be fun, i prefer using them for their intended purpose. Might be an idea for you to write to the new owners asking for bouncy castles and ball pools under the concourse judging by your mentality.

When Beckham returned to Utd he was cheered onto the pitch then booed on his first touch. It's all abit of a laugh and a joke, I'm sure Brad wouldn't take offence. He applauded the Darwen end at the end and came out on the second half to cheers and bowing!

The unreserved seating policy is basically you find a seat before the match and that's your seat for the entire match. For future reference ;).

The let's pretend we scored a goal chant happens on a "now and again" basis, and i personally find it funny for dull 0-0 moments in a match.

Plus Robbo loves the Darwen End. He even gave us a cheeky look at his bum in response to "robbo show us your arse!". Which was followed by give us a wave and do us a dance!

Are you about 11 or something Ben? No I don't find blowing up condoms to be fun, i prefer using them for their intended purpose. Might be an idea for you to write to the new owners asking for bouncy castles and ball pools under the concourse judging by your mentality.

As it happens i wasn't involved with the condom but dont see what harm it was doing or what reason there is to make such a fuss about it - just harmless fun! Miserable sod.

Not everything in life has to be so S-E-R-I-O-U-S ! Are you about 93 Dave?

I wouldn't be worried about the D-I-S-C-O song...

We already have a song that screams to anyone visiting Ewood Park "Welcome to Blackburn, here is our small town mentality." I don't think I'll have to mention which song that is...

When Beckham returned to Utd he was cheered onto the pitch then booed on his first touch. It's all abit of a laugh and a joke, I'm sure Brad wouldn't take offence. He applauded the Darwen end at the end and came out on the second half to cheers and bowing!

The unreserved seating policy is basically you find a seat before the match and that's your seat for the entire match. For future reference ;).

The let's pretend we scored a goal chant happens on a "now and again" basis, and i personally find it funny for dull 0-0 moments in a match.

Plus Robbo loves the Darwen End. He even gave us a cheeky look at his bum in response to "robbo show us your arse!". Which was followed by give us a wave and do us a dance!

Re the unreserved seat policy. This guy had a seat at the end of the row which I wanted because I've got long legs. He disappeared and hadn't left his coat or anything else on the seat to show it was occupied. What happens if someone comes along a minute later, sits on it and then the guy comes back?

In fact he didn't come back and I sat there but you see the potential.........

Re the unreserved seat policy. This guy had a seat at the end of the row which I wanted because I've got long legs. He disappeared and hadn't left his coat or anything else on the seat to show it was occupied. What happens if someone comes along a minute later, sits on it and then the guy comes back?

In fact he didn't come back and I sat there but you see the potential.........

I don't think i've ever been in the same place in the 2nd half... just take it as the norm now.

Archived