BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

I think it's OK, something a bit different!

:tu:

Its Stanley's thing, and apparently sounds like a tedious drone from other sections of the ground. And they use it so randomly... a song with a continental nananana sounds celebratory, so when they were using it whilst at 0-0 vs Wigan with the game on a knife-edge was beyond me. Hardly atmospheric at all, and they seem determined to ONLY sing it.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Stanley's thing, and apparently sounds like a tedious drone from other sections of the ground. And they use it so randomly... a song with a continental nananana sounds celebratory, so when they were using it whilst at 0-0 vs Wigan with the game on a knife-edge was beyond me. Hardly atmospheric at all, and they seem determined to ONLY sing it.

Only happened for a couple of short spells in the 2nd half yesterday when we were winning... not as if it went on all game... a lot seem to join in when it was sung anyway. :wacko:

I think some songs are cringeworthy, but so what? should we go back to just sing barmy army all the time?

Dale Cavese is embarassing :unsure: And I'm a Darwen Ender :brfc:

Even worse was people singing Dixie Chicken and even KFC chants, unbelievable. Was a bloke behind me shouting to near enough every player to give a wave when they came anywhere near too, there's some real gimps in there.

Oh and blowing condoms up and wafting them round, seriously any need? Half the kids in there wouldn't know what to do with one.

the darwen end weren't as noisy as they usually are on sunday. still got to say that, although it is noisy when you are in it, it doesn't sound as loud from other parts of the ground. keep going though fellas. reckon the bburn end will pick up eventually too. they've had the drummer for years and need to find their feet again!

Why all this negativity about the singing section in the Darwen End? I'm old enough ( unfortunately!!) to remember the matches in the mid 60's and some of the 70's when the Darwen End was 'our end'. The support in those days was amazing and all the 'Blue Brigade' are trying to do is improve the match day noise, which was becoming almost non-existent (apart from the constant moaning and the slagging off of certain players). It's making me feel nostalgic about those old days, a new generation has taken up the baton!! Yes you will get one or two idiots attaching themselves to the rest but that will always happen. I think it's great that some of our younger supporters are passionate enough to really care about getting behind the team. They don't moan, sit on their hands or criticise. They try to sing throughout the match. They've been acknowledged by the club, Big Sam, the players and Radio Rovers as doing something new and positive. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we had similar groups all over the ground. In the meantime, if you want to have fun, sit or stand with supporters ( not just spectators) and get behind the team ( winning, losing or drawing) come and join in. You never know you might just enjoy it!!! And if you don't, you can always moan about it in the pub after the game !! Last bit.........MGP is amazing!! Just worry that after his next misplaced pass and they'll all be on his back again.

Why all this negativity about the singing section in the Darwen End? I'm old enough ( unfortunately!!) to remember the matches in the mid 60's and some of the 70's when the Darwen End was 'our end'. The support in those days was amazing and all the 'Blue Brigade' are trying to do is improve the match day noise, which was becoming almost non-existent (apart from the constant moaning and the slagging off of certain players). It's making me feel nostalgic about those old days, a new generation has taken up the baton!! Yes you will get one or two idiots attaching themselves to the rest but that will always happen. I think it's great that some of our younger supporters are passionate enough to really care about getting behind the team. They don't moan, sit on their hands or criticise. They try to sing throughout the match. They've been acknowledged by the club, Big Sam, the players and Radio Rovers as doing something new and positive. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we had similar groups all over the ground. In the meantime, if you want to have fun, sit or stand with supporters ( not just spectators) and get behind the team ( winning, losing or drawing) come and join in. You never know you might just enjoy it!!! And if you don't, you can always moan about it in the pub after the game !! Last bit.........MGP is amazing!! Just worry that after his next misplaced pass and they'll all be on his back again.

Great post... it seems a lot are too 'proud' to either join or acknowledge what a good job the DE'ers are doing to support the team. You are spot on when you mention the negativity in other area's of the ground, Once you've been in the Darwen end and then go back the constant moaning is horrible to be a part of.

Numbers are continuing to increase too... no longer is it just the top corner, it looks to have spread all down the side now - long may it continue.

Perfect opportunity to try it out at the Wolves game - transfer your seat and bring along a friend for a tenner!

:brfc:

the darwen end weren't as noisy as they usually are on sunday. still got to say that, although it is noisy when you are in it, it doesn't sound as loud from other parts of the ground. keep going though fellas. reckon the bburn end will pick up eventually too. they've had the drummer for years and need to find their feet again!

With the stick the drummer has had, i'm suprised he hasn't joined the Darwen End. We've asked but so far no luck... will have to sort out an alternative possibly.

With the stick the drummer has had, i'm suprised he hasn't joined the Darwen End. We've asked but so far no luck... will have to sort out an alternative possibly.

What? You DO NOT want a drummer! The quickest way to ruin any atmosphere you have got going!

Hear hear onlyonetugay. I can't believe how any Rovers fans would have something against the Darwen End singers. Any atmosphere, positivity and encouragement in the Ewood stands was dying a slow death before they came along. I found going to Rovers about as much fun as going to church except at least in church you don't get some angry guy near you shouting aggressive criticism at the priest! I'd rather hear Dale Cavese or some teenagers having a bit of fun than the horrible moaners you get in other areas of the ground, they might not realise it themselves but they're 100 times as annoying to any positive fans sat around them than a daft song could ever be.

As for the volume criticism, well we're doing our best. Its like Rovers getting criticised by other clubs for not selling out our ground, 25,000 is phenomenal for the size of our town. And equally the Darwen End noise is phenomenal to say there's only 2-300 of us doing it.

Regarding the drummer, he has his positives and negatives. Without him quite a few songs in the DE are sung too fast and speed up the more people join in with them. If the drummer can restrict himself to joining in only with the songs where he's needed then it'd be a great addition.

The problem with the drummer is he is placed out of the way on the front row, resulting in time issues (sound travel etc). If he is with the core singing group it will be in time.

Ossydave - dont be so dramatic! Let's all sit on our hands, criticise and boo our own team instead then eh? :rolleyes:

• Backroom

I don't think anyone has anything against the DE it's just after constantly hearing how amazing it is after trying it I thought it was OK but mainly a load of chavs thinking it was hilarious to sing a song about Cheryl Cole ad nauseum and some half assed attempt at a foreign chant.

I'm not saying the atmosphere is any better in the Blackburn End but it's not a lie when it's said you very rarely hear the Rovers section of the DE from the BBE.

Me and my Dad said we will try it again one time as maybe we just picked a bad day for it as quite frankly the Rovers part of the DE couldn't compete with the Chelsea fans even though they were silent for the majority of the match.

I agree Ben, Ossydave's complaints sound a bit over the top. He isn't a double agent on spying mission from the BRFC Moaning Section is he? Perhaps a sedate afternoon at the theatre might be a better option? Be positive Dave !!! OK, I accept there is a bit of silliness, but it's more than balanced out by some great singing and some great songs. Chill out and join in!!!

Singing D-I-S-C-O and jumping round like nobs, blowing up condoms and wafting them round is nothing to be proud of at all, it's downright embarassing to anyone connected to the club.

And you don't think the temperamental, grumpy moaners so prevalent in other areas of the ground are an embarassment? The booing of successful ex players and managers tarnishes the club, the chanting for different formations and for substitutes during matches is a painful example of deluded malcontents thinking they know best and the scapegoat criticism meated out to the likes of Pedersen, Andrews etc can be extremely damaging to performances on the pitch.

Not to mention the example these people set young fans. One of my friends said an 11 year old who sits behind him in the B'Burn End never stopped moaning and swearing at our own players against Villa. That is the kind of twisted anti-support that kids will start growing up with thinking is the norm if the negativity at Ewood was to continue unchecked. I'm not saying the Darwen End exists to combat the moaners but its certainly the reason I moved there, the fact that they never stop singing is fantastic as well.

Great post blue and white. The more of us that stand up and speak out against these 'anti-supporters' of Rovers means their opinions will become an exception and ours will become the norm. Lets try to extinguish negativity at Ewood. The Darwen End Singing Section is a great beginning.....!

Archived