BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

• Backroom

It didn't sound good at all on Saturday from where I was in the DE.

As I previously said I was disappointed with the atmosphere after hearing people raving over it but may try it again one time as it may just have been a bad day for them.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't sound good at all on Saturday from where I was in the DE.

As I previously said I was disappointed with the atmosphere after hearing people raving over it but may try it again one time as it may just have been a bad day for them.

I'd say the atmosphere has got slightly worse. Partly because there's lots of people in the Darwen End that simply don't sing. They'd be more at home in the Jack Walker stand.

I'd say the atmosphere has got slightly worse. Partly because there's lots of people in the Darwen End that simply don't sing. They'd be more at home in the Jack Walker stand.

Probably because the cheap ST price attracted a lot of those that now sit in there- not the chance to have a sing song.

A Rovers fan who writes in the Daily Mail about our games has said this,

'But men of the match for me were the lads in the Derwent End - contstant noise'

I'm not sure what the Derwent End is, obviously a typo from the Daily Mail but I'm pleased with that comment. The Darwen End has been brilliant the last couple of games, long may it continue.

• Backroom

The second half vs Wigan was probably the best the Darwen End has been this season. Seems very loud when your right in the mixer, hard to believe the BBE can hardly hear us! :blink:

The second half vs Wigan was probably the best the Darwen End has been this season. Seems very loud when your right in the mixer, hard to believe the BBE can hardly hear us! :blink:

I could hear you!

There seemed to be more getting involved on Saturday, the whole of the corner block and others, not just the back corner.

The whole object of the Darwen End seems to be losing it's way at the moment. I'm a season ticket holder, and one of the things that encouraged me about the Darwen End was the choice to support the team, instead of the constant moaning which became the norm in the Blackburn End. It seems now however, that the moaners and groaners, along with people who have no will or desire to sing and support the team, have followed suit and started getting season tickets in the Darwen End. I'd much prefer it was the original 600/700 from last season again, as that seems to be the core number of people who want to enjoy football in a way that a singers section was set up to do.

PS: did anybody hear the early 20s lad constantly shouting such classics as "the referees a prawn" and "pie pie pieeaters"? What a plank.

The whole object of the Darwen End seems to be losing it's way at the moment. I'm a season ticket holder, and one of the things that encouraged me about the Darwen End was the choice to support the team, instead of the constant moaning which became the norm in the Blackburn End. It seems now however, that the moaners and groaners, along with people who have no will or desire to sing and support the team, have followed suit and started getting season tickets in the Darwen End. I'd much prefer it was the original 600/700 from last season again, as that seems to be the core number of people who want to enjoy football in a way that a singers section was set up to do.

PS: did anybody hear the early 20s lad constantly shouting such classics as "the referees a prawn" and "pie pie pieeaters"? What a plank.

I took this guy into the Darwen End for the first time, he usually sits in the Blackburn End with his brother and in the first half he moaned about Emerton, Pedersen and Diouf all giving the ball away. I told him that he couldn't moan in this end and I think he took it seriously, he stopped moaning and when the Darwen End got going in the second half I think he really enjoyed it.

I wasn't the original 600/700 from last season but I moved over to sing, I was screaming at some lads in the first half for not singing, I think they got the message.

Oh and TCO you probably didn't hear us because you were sat with your earmuffs on ;)

boobears.jpg

Got to agree with Dave that some people do go a bit OTT about the atmosphere in the DE. I went the opposite way for the Wigan match (Family Stand above NO1) and have to say that I couldn't believe how quite the BBE was. I couldn't hear the DE as much as I thought I would have been able to, but it clear who has more fun and I'll be glad to be back there for the Villa match.

Dave - more enjoyable than the BBE, go on you know you want to admit it! :brfc:

Dave - more enjoyable than the BBE, go on you know you want to admit it! :brfc:

Depends on the game to be honest, B'burn End was enjoyable against Sunderland and Chelsea (much louder too), but the Bburn End did sound pretty flat against Wigan. I'll probably alternate between the 2 for the remainder of the season as I know quite a few people who go in either end. I'll never move my ST from the back row of N01 though.

There's a clear teeny bopper Darwen Ender thing going on though (highlighted in this thread) which is off-putting.

• Backroom

One thing I don't particularly like about the DE initiative is them calling themselves the 'Blue Brigade' It just sounds off and somehow trying to name a group of fans has negative connotations.

Especially after the showing of the 'Green Brigade' at Celtic Park last weekend IMO it would be best to steer clear of anything like that.

I believe some of them want the club to make branded 'Blue Brigade' merchandise which I just don't think is a good idea for the club.

One thing I don't particularly like about the DE initiative is them calling themselves the 'Blue Brigade' It just sounds off and somehow trying to name a group of fans has negative connotations.

Especially after the showing of the 'Green Brigade' at Celtic Park last weekend IMO it would be best to steer clear of anything like that.

I believe some of them want the club to make branded 'Blue Brigade' merchandise which I just don't think is a good idea for the club.

It's just a name... it could have been "Darwen End Supporters club" but breaks from the norm. It's not some sort of hooligan group just fans that are passionate about the club and want to make the matchday experience better for themselves and anyone else that wants to come on board.

As for the merchandise, the club was approached to help with supplier details, not necessarily sell items in the club shop.

• Backroom

I appreciate that and also that most the lads in there will be decent lads but all it takes is for one numpty wearing a blue brigade t shirt to cause some real bother and it could be bad for the club.

Don't want to rain on the parade ..but you darwen enders were not the first group of singers in that end with blue n white....it was us in the bbE ..when the BBE was built ..;)

So when & why did you all stop singing? :unsure:

:lol:

There's a clear teeny bopper Darwen Ender thing going on though (highlighted in this thread) which is off-putting.

That`s quite true Dave. Maybe it`s the cheaper prices in the Darwen End & the freedom to sit/stand with your mates (instead of 'old fuddy-duddys') that is appealing to them. I don`t know.

....but it`s got to be good for the future support of the club. The next generation coming through, so to speak.

A friend of mine who came over from the BBE last season with his mates commented about the support the other week. He thinks the atmosphere was more 'positive' last year. 90% of the singing was aimed at encouraging the players (singing their names etc...) & only 10% aimed at the opposition fans. There`s a lot more negative chanting coming in to the DE song-book this season. I agree with him & think the Darwen End singers should be encouraged to stick to the 'pro-rovers' songs & concentrate a bit less on the goading of away fans. I`m not saying no to banter. I love a good bit of banter, but i believe the player encouragement is greatly appreciated by the lads on the pitch.

:rover: COYB!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived