BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

Well done to Rovers' Darwen Enders last night, you even got the Blackburn End back on song!!!

The most amazing thing I've seen at Ewood since Newell's Champions league hat-trick.......

Personally I love what you guys are doing in the Darwen End..

Hopefully the old guard opposite will stop being so jealous, wake up, and match you..................

:brfcsmilie:

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem pal :rover:

One thing I have noticed about foreign fans singing is that they tend to have a conductor at the front with a megaphone to direct the chants. Anyone up for it?

Funny you should say this as I mentioned something similar on Monday night. I don't know if you saw the skinhead bloke in the corner dismantling the side panel :lol: but I thought he would be brilliant down the front leading the crowd :)

Funny you should say this as I mentioned something similar on Monday night. I don't know if you saw the skinhead bloke in the corner dismantling the side panel :lol: but I thought he would be brilliant down the front leading the crowd :)

Smackheads for England ;)

the blackburn enders who said they didnt hear anything from the darwen end monday are either deaf or quite clearly lieing!!

i sit up in N01 blackburn end and the darwen end was heard quite a few times!

and even the blackburn end continued and joined in with a couple of songs coming from over there!

as for the 20 minute chant i heard it for about 2/5 mins then it went quiet but could still see everyone jumping around!

could the darwen end hear the blackburn end chanting barmy army for 5/10 minutes?

No need to get angry - just couldnt hear a 20 minute chants from the BBE. The sound must escape through the big gaps at the riverside, with it being open & set back from the side.

I heard it quite clearly from the Blackburn End - Grasshoppers fans sing it.

Brilliant effort from the Darwen End yet again.

the blackburn enders who said they didnt hear anything from the darwen end monday are either deaf or quite clearly lieing!!

i sit up in N01 blackburn end and the darwen end was heard quite a few times!

and even the blackburn end continued and joined in with a couple of songs coming from over there!

as for the 20 minute chant i heard it for about 2/5 mins then it went quiet but could still see everyone jumping around!

could the darwen end hear the blackburn end chanting barmy army for 5/10 minutes?

Think I said earlier in the thread, at one point from what seemed like nowhere the BBE sang Barmy Army which spread round the Riverside and was pretty loud, we were singing it too - it was fantastic to hear it echoing around the ground. Was only brief however.

Think I said earlier in the thread, at one point from what seemed like nowhere the BBE sang Barmy Army which spread round the Riverside and was pretty loud, we were singing it too - it was fantastic to hear it echoing around the ground. Was only brief however.

[/quote

Why sing "Barmy army" what is this a reference to ?

I heard it quite clearly from the Blackburn End - Grasshoppers fans sing it.

Brilliant effort from the Darwen End yet again.

must have been around the time sam felt like we had scored the "winning goal" because i was flat out snoring due to the coma inducing tactics and missed his imaginary winning goal.

Why sing "Barmy army" what is this a reference to ?

It's mind numbingly dreadful. Apart from 'we want our toilets back' there has not been an original thought emanating from the Blackburn End for over a decade. In fact not since compulsory seating split up the singers. The Darwen end may not be that loud just yet but they are certainly inventive. All credit for that. Personally I don't want to see many more swell their ranks by defecting from the BBurn end as quantity might again rule over quality.

Does anyone know if the gate in the middle of the Darwen End concourse will be closed for the Wigan game? We have friends going to the game but have a different turnstile on their tickets ie the Jack Walker side of the stand. Would like to be able to all sit together.

I remember them having it closed for the Birmingham game last year and had problems sitting with friends who had tickets in the other half of the stand.

I don't see the issue in having the whole stand open for fans to wander fron one side to the other unless there's some safety implication?

• Backroom

I've moved my ticket along with my dads to the DE for Saturday. If he would rather sit than stand is there anywhere in the stand where it's viable?

Archived