BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic again in the DE last night, really enjoyed it.

Heard the Blackburn End quite clearly singing Barmy Army near the end... the Riverside joined in and of course we were singing it too... sounded fantastic echoing round the ground.

More of the same needed!

We need to fill in the corners of the ground somehow so the noise reverberates more!

If it was designed better the sound would stay in... too many open gaps...

PNE have more panelling on the side which would help the sound to stay in and around the ground if we had the same.

There's nothing wrong with Big Sam's hearing anyway - he gave us another wave :tu:

If it was designed better the sound would stay in... too many open gaps...

PNE have more panelling on the side which would help the sound to stay in and around the ground if we had the same.

There's nothing wrong with Big Sam's hearing anyway - he gave us another wave :tu:

Agreed, could we not try and fill it in with something?

I missed last night due to uni, but heard good things.

:unsure::blink: Really???

Yes, really. I checked my watch :angry2:

Heard nowt tbh

Trenny, just get over here and hear it for yourself. Its like the Blackburn End in the early eighties trust me. The banter with the away fans is also great which we never really had due to the distance from stand to stand in the old days. The Shearer song upset the Mackems last night

If it was designed better the sound would stay in... too many open

The point behind the design is to allow maximum air flow over the pitch. A fully enclosed stadium, built and designed at the time Ewood was, would have serious problems with creating a quality pitch.

Absolutely awesome support from the Darren Enders again tonight. What was that chant that started at the beginning of the second half and went on for twenty minutes? Thought the Larissa fans were back here again!

It was this,

Imagine if we could get the whole ground (well, more realistically DE, Riverside and BBE) singing this, it would be awesome.

Not often I agree with you hughsey but alls you could see was people bouncing up and down

Never heard anything from them all night ..quietest they've been!

It was a group of about 200 of them that were singing this song.

They looked like they were having a reet good time.

Its amazing how much animosity is coming from the blackburn enders. Having ended my 15 year affiliation with the Blackburn End I can assure you it is much much better in the Darwen End.

Positivity being the big one for me. Its awesome being sat with people that arent constantly shouting at certain players like andrews, grella and MGP.

These guys sing songs for them...

Its amazing how much animosity is coming from the blackburn enders. Having ended my 15 year affiliation with the Blackburn End I can assure you it is much much better in the Darwen End.

Positivity being the big one for me. Its awesome being sat with people that arent constantly shouting at certain players like andrews, grella and MGP.

Totally agree with you :tu:

Positivity is the word. Nearly every player gets a song....Robbo, Samba, Givet, Salgado, Dunny, both Doofy`s, Niko, Emerton, Pedersen, Phil 'superman' Jones & Benjani all got a song on Monday night.

The 20minute chant went down pretty well. I`m sure it`ll catch on the more it`s sung. My girlfriend hates it already....which is good, cos i can use it to annoy her ;)

Heard the BBE towards the end of the game......& we didn`t even ask you for a song. How rude! :rolleyes:

It was brilliant :rover::lol:

And the positivity is the main difference Scott you're right. I spent 2 seasons in the BBE and the differnce is unreal, I can honestly say I'll never be back in there it's just full of moaners!

Getting behind the team is what being a fan is all about and that's exactly what is happening in the Darwen End - it was only my second game of the season and I have to say I already can't wait for the next game, win, lose or draw.

Not wanting to bring up the old race issue again, but there were a handful of Asian teenage boys in the D.E. and they seemed to be having a ball and if they pass on the good word then this can only be a good thing.

One last thing in relation to the the BBE not hearing us - who cares? I spent last season watching the DE bouncing away and only being able to hear them a few times. The Darwen End might not sound very loud from the BBE, but I can assure you that it's a far superior footballing experience :rover:

And the positivity is the main difference Scott you're right. I spent 2 seasons in the BBE and the differnce is unreal, I can honestly say I'll never be back in there it's just full of moaners!

Getting behind the team is what being a fan is all about and that's exactly what is happening in the Darwen End - it was only my second game of the season and I have to say I already can't wait for the next game, win, lose or draw.

Not wanting to bring up the old race issue again, but there were a handful of Asian teenage boys in the D.E. and they seemed to be having a ball and if they pass on the good word then this can only be a good thing.

One last thing in relation to the the BBE not hearing us - who cares? I spent last season watching the DE bouncing away and only being able to hear them a few times. The Darwen End might not sound very loud from the BBE, but I can assure you that it's a far superior footballing experience :rover:

As I have always said getting the Asians of Blackburn to stop 'supporting' LFC and Utd and get behind the Rovers would do far more good for the town's community relations than anything else.

Most BBenders arent being hostile, you actually cannot hear the lads in the top corner of the Darwen End much at all from the BBend.

I know a number of people who don't normally go who went on Monday.

The total attendance was on the low side but from what I could see there were a lot in the Rovers part of the Darwen End.

The fact that there were singers, the Sunderland fans were close by and were singing a lot really seemed to improve the atmosphere for this group of people.

Was sat in Bburn end side of riverside 1st blok of seats near the back and could hear the Darwen end at times clearly, not loud but was noticeable. Have to say i was impressed with the Bburn end 2nd half they made a good effort.Makes such a differance to the players when the crowd get goin.

I had a little moan about Givet & Samba at half time :lol: but I still sung my heart out.

I'm loving Robbo atm, he's my favourite and he loves the Darwen Enders.

We love you, we love you, we love you............and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it :brfcsmilie:

No need to get angry - just couldnt hear a 20 minute chants from the BBE. The sound must escape through the big gaps at the riverside, with it being open & set back from the side.

No problem pal :rover:

One thing I have noticed about foreign fans singing is that they tend to have a conductor at the front with a megaphone to direct the chants. Anyone up for it?

Archived