BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

Just bought my season ticket in the Darwen End, looking forward to Saturday, where's this standing area then?

Looking at the stand from the pitch, it`s the top left corner (towards the Riverside stand) ;)

Come & join us

I've moved my ticket along with my dads to the DE for Saturday. If he would rather sit than stand is there anywhere in the stand where it's viable?

It`s usually a few hundred in the top left corner (towards the riverside) & along the back wall who stand & sing. The rest of the Darwen End is pretty much seated.

Please feel free to join in with the singing ;)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the stand from the pitch, it`s the top left corner (towards the Riverside stand) ;)

Come & join us

It`s usually a few hundred in the top left corner (towards the riverside) & along the back wall who stand & sing. The rest of the Darwen End is pretty much seated.

Please feel free to join in with the singing ;)

Yeah it's the top left corner that stands/does most of the singing. I'd join them, except there's quite a few undesirables in their number. Plus it's a better view from further into the centre. Admittedly it's tougher to sing when nobody around you is, but I try anyway.

I shall be moving my Blackburn End Lower season ticket to the Darwen End for Saturday's game. IF it is as good as everybody makes out, then i will be moving my season ticket to the Darwen End for the rest of the season.

I believe that on saturday we are being encouraged to all take scarves?

I shall be moving my Blackburn End Lower season ticket to the Darwen End for Saturday's game. IF it is as good as everybody makes out, then i will be moving my season ticket to the Darwen End for the rest of the season.

I believe that on saturday we are being encouraged to all take scarves?

Bring yer scarf & join in the singing :tu:

We`re trying to get a better atmosphere going a bit like this....

come & join us :rover:

Bring yer scarf & join in the singing :tu:

We`re trying to get a better atmosphere going a bit like this....

come & join us :rover:

I shall be doing, and i've tried to organise many of us to bring scarves by spreading the word on rovers' supporters groups on facebook so the news of scarves is spreading :closedeyes:

I can't wait for saturday, I've been all the away games so far and i hope saturday is just like one. :)

On the contrary, I found there to be a lot less undesirables in the top corner of the Darwen End in comparison to the BBE...granted there are one or two nutters further down the stand :lol:

Hmmm. Last home game there were two teenagers that were definitely the result of inbreeding sat with that bunch. We literally moved further towards the centre to avoid sitting near them. Scary stuff.

That said, I've only sat in the BBE once, I'm a Jack Walker Stand transfer, so I can't get involved in this pissing match.

I'm in the BB End, but (as much as I hate their mawkishness) some of the pre match flags and banners displayed/flown on the Kop do create an impression.

Not suggesting anything of that scale by the way!

The majority of people have to be in their seats before 2.55 for that to happen though ;)

Whats the craic with the banners and flags etc, still in the pipeline?

Not sure, but i heard somebody say any large flag or banner had to be flame/fire proof.

I personally think there`d be more of a fire risk with so many shell suits rubbing against each other in such a small space! ;) lol

Not sure, but i heard somebody say any large flag or banner had to be flame/fire proof.

I personally think there`d be more of a fire risk with so many shell suits rubbing against each other in such a small space! ;) lol

Take it the array of flags on the Kop are flame proof then?

Can't believe i'm even typing it! This blummin country!

• Backroom

First experience of the DE today, maybe I picked a bad day but was disappointed by the atmosphere, still a decent experience, the attempts at the continental style chanting while well meaning just sounded a bit half hearted due to the numbers.

Be good if the lads up there keep at it and increase the ranks though.

Also the Cheryl Cole and 'sh*t support' chants were poor especially seeing as Chelsea were louder than us and brought good numbers.

First experience of the DE today, maybe I picked a bad day but was disappointed by the atmosphere, still a decent experience, the attempts at the continental style chanting while well meaning just sounded a bit half hearted due to the numbers.

Also the Cheryl Cole and 'sh*t support' chants were poor especially seeing as Chelsea were louder than us and brought good numbers.

Yeah, that was out of tune today. To get the proper Darwen End experience you need to be near the back, I thought it was brilliant today. I fell on some girl on the row in front when we scored, I don't think she'll be in the top corner next week and I hit some guy who was stood next to me, I musta tried grabbing him as I fell :lol: he said "I'm mad"

• Backroom

The problem is the chant will be new to people and it isn't instantly easy to pick up at first.

Most our chants get adopted when you hear opposing fans singing them in full voice ala the Kumbaya ones after villa and previously the continental one with the scarf swinging after a visit by Sheffield Wednesday years ago.

I thought the Chelski fans were deathly quiet until they started winning....which sums them up really.

I thought the Chelski fans were deathly quiet until they started winning....which sums them up really.

Agree. They starting making a bit of noise on Preston train station after the game, but as one lad shouted to them - pity you weren't as noisy on the ground you southern w@nkers!!

My son summed it up when he said "Nice of the Chelsea fans to observe 85 minutes' silence for Ronnie Clayton"........

Every time I watch a Sounders game, this chant gets stuck in my head. Doubt they came up with it, but it's the only place I hear it. Would love to hear it coming across the tele from the darwen end one day.

Would just need to throw in a 5 syllable line like "The Blackburn Rovers" or "We love you rovers" etc... Very catchy.

• Moderation Lead

That continental chant that you hear on the Darwen End is utter @#/?, does my head in. I'm all about the singing, but that chant has no relevance, and is just terrible. One lad confronted me about not singing it- I just told him 'because it's abysmal mate!'.

That continental chant that you hear on the Darwen End is utter @#/?, does my head in. I'm all about the singing, but that chant has no relevance, and is just terrible. One lad confronted me about not singing it- I just told him 'because it's abysmal mate!'.

To be fair, it is all about numbers. Currently (Darren Enders feel free to correct me) there are only a couple of hundred getting involved. A couple of thousand, things may sound a hell of a lot better.

• Moderation Lead

Think you misunderstood my point mate. It's not the lack of noise, there's a good chunk of fans that stand up and sing- towards the very right of the lower tier but still a lot that sit down (this is fair enough as it's mostly families, kids etc).

I just REALLY don't like the song at all!

Archived