BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

It's unreserved.. Nobody has any right to sit in a certain seat. However, I think it'd be a nice idea to explain before he went away/if he returned back what you where going to do.

Saying that, I'm always reasonably early and have sat in the same seats all but one match.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be worried about the D-I-S-C-O song...

We already have a song that screams to anyone visiting Ewood Park "Welcome to Blackburn, here is our small town mentality." I don't think I'll have to mention which song that is...

I know what song you are talking about, but you never did explain why it was sung because of 'our small town mentality', especially when Man United fans with their big city, world mega club mentality sing about Korean's eating dogs...

Re the unreserved seat policy. This guy had a seat at the end of the row which I wanted because I've got long legs. He disappeared and hadn't left his coat or anything else on the seat to show it was occupied. What happens if someone comes along a minute later, sits on it and then the guy comes back?

In fact he didn't come back and I sat there but you see the potential.........

I sat on the end of the row on Sunday, I was on my own for once. At half time I left for a wee wee and I was concerned I may not get me same seat back-I am 6 foot 3 and it really is tight when you are are sat with your knees being sliced on the back of the seat in front.

Anyway the seat was empty when I got back.

When Beckham returned to Utd he was cheered onto the pitch then booed on his first touch. It's all abit of a laugh and a joke, I'm sure Brad wouldn't take offence. He applauded the Darwen end at the end and came out on the second half to cheers and bowing!

The unreserved seating policy is basically you find a seat before the match and that's your seat for the entire match. For future reference ;)

The let's pretend we scored a goal chant happens on a "now and again" basis, and i personally find it funny for dull 0-0 moments in a match.

Plus Robbo loves the Darwen End. He even gave us a cheeky look at his bum in response to "robbo show us your arse!". Which was followed by give us a wave and do us a dance!

The unreserved seat policy is EXACTLY what it says.....it`s unreserved! :blink:

It`s not your seat for the entire game. If you sod off to the bogs or bar, get a pal to look after it. If you don`t & somebody takes the seat when you`ve come back, it`s tough luck. Find another seat....there`s loads of them.

I sat on the end of the row on Sunday, I was on my own for once. At half time I left for a wee wee and I was concerned I may not get me same seat back-I am 6 foot 3 and it really is tight when you are are sat with your knees being sliced on the back of the seat in front.

Anyway the seat was empty when I got back.

You should try & get the seats at the very top of the staircase. There`s 3 0r 4 seats with nothing but steps infront of you :tu:

You`ll have to get there early though to claim your spot ;)

Are you about 11 or something Ben? No I don't find blowing up condoms to be fun, i prefer using them for their intended purpose. Might be an idea for you to write to the new owners asking for bouncy castles and ball pools under the concourse judging by your mentality.

You really are a miserable sod aren`t you Dave? :unsure: I bet you burst kiddies footballs when they come over into your garden.

I remember of LOT of silliness used to go on in the old terraced BBE....

The Laurel & Hardy song aimed at the two coppers who always walked along the pitch.

The "Get your t1ts out for the lads" chant aimed at the girls who walked along the front of the Nuttal St stand for some reason (did they work in the food bit or summat?) probably.

I remember my mate batting a coppers hat off his head & it being thrown around the terrace for a bit.

The "You are my sunshine" song & subsequent surges.

Throwing bog rolls onto the pitch.

People coming to games with carrier bags full of shredded paper...just to throw in the air when the teams come out.

It was all a bit of fun.

All this dale Cavase, d i s c o bouncing & condom batting around is totally harmless.....but adds to the matchday experience.

You need to lighten up a bit mate. Have a Solero & shut the #### up ;) (just kidding) :)

Numbers are continuing to increase too... no longer is it just the top corner, it looks to have spread all down the side now - long may it continue.

Perfect opportunity to try it out at the Wolves game - transfer your seat and bring along a friend for a tenner!

:brfc:

I'm doing this for the Wolves' game; I'm a Riversider, and am bringing a former workmate to the game, so have had to have my season ticket cancelled for one game only and transfer to the Darwen End.

Thanks for the tips re Seat etiquette; but I've 2 other queries which I'd be grateful for comments on [apologies if they've already been covered - I only went back to page 14 on this thread before posting this]:

1] has anyone from another stand done something similar at previous games? If so, did they have any problem with their season ticket at the match following [in this case, the West Ham game];

2] when the tickets for the Wolves' game arrived, I see that one's priced @ £11 and one @ £10. Given that I've already paid for the Wolves game on the season ticket I won't be using in the Riverside, have I been charged twice? [i paid on my Debit Card and my bank statement may well arrive before the game.]

I know I could ring the ticket office; but before I do, I wanted to check whether this second issue had been a problem for other people.

Thanks in anticipation.

@cletus

I guess that all depends on how curtuous you are. I personally wouldn't do that, but each to their own.

Fair enough, but you walk up the steps at half time & half the seats are empty. What do you do? You choose a seat.

If anything it encourages people to get a seat early.

That`s why the Blue Brigade chose to stand where they do, so they didn`t bother others when they turned up 2 minutes before kick-off cos they`ve been at the bar. It`s a first come first serve thing in the DE.

A few games ago, some blokes turned up 10mins into the 2nd half. The top corner was pretty crammed & they were trying to push into the row we were in (which was full) As the stewards came up to investgate, they asked us to "budge up a bit". My missus was just about to move, but i stopped her & told the bloke to #### off somewhere else. You cannot expect to get p155ed up, turn up after the game`s re-started then push your way in. There`s tons of seats lower down the stand.

What's the d-i-s-c-o song?

It`s amazing! ;)

:lol:

...starts about 35secs into vid. It`s just harmless bouncy fun....

I'm doing this for the Wolves' game; I'm a Riversider, and am bringing a former workmate to the game, so have had to have my season ticket cancelled for one game only and transfer to the Darwen End.

Thanks for the tips re Seat etiquette; but I've 2 other queries which I'd be grateful for comments on [apologies if they've already been covered - I only went back to page 14 on this thread before posting this]:

1] has anyone from another stand done something similar at previous games? If so, did they have any problem with their season ticket at the match following [in this case, the West Ham game];

2] when the tickets for the Wolves' game arrived, I see that one's priced @ £11 and one @ £10. Given that I've already paid for the Wolves game on the season ticket I won't be using in the Riverside, have I been charged twice? [i paid on my Debit Card and my bank statement may well arrive before the game.]

I know I could ring the ticket office; but before I do, I wanted to check whether this second issue had been a problem for other people.

Thanks in anticipation.

I have done this a number of times and had no problems with my season ticket the following game.

You haven't been charged twice - it puts that amount on mine too which i presume to be the equivalent match price.. and refunds it from your season ticket

Hope this helps ;)

Regarding the seat etiquette thing, well its basic politeness but I don't think anyone really expects it. I don't see why people have a problem with sitting in the same seat both halves though, it was obviously good enough for them in the 1st so why move? Plus the majority of the songs are started from the back as thats the ideal position to do it. If you're gonna move in on seats up there at half-time and then don't constantly start songs going you're not really doing the group any favours.

Regarding the seat etiquette thing, well its basic politeness but I don't think anyone really expects it. I don't see why people have a problem with sitting in the same seat both halves though, it was obviously good enough for them in the 1st so why move? Plus the majority of the songs are started from the back as thats the ideal position to do it. If you're gonna move in on seats up there at half-time and then don't constantly start songs going you're not really doing the group any favours.

For those who like to have a plenty of beers before the match & a couple more at half time it can be a bit of a struggle to remember exactly where you were sitting!

B)

:lol: Tell me about it Emerton.

Wasn't moaning, just offering my opinion on it. I'm not that bothered really as I tend to be one of the first back up of the half-time drinkers. Besides everyones dead friendly and tends to get on around there so don't suppose a bit of seat moving is gonna matter.

Can't wait for this flag the club is buying us, gonna be awesome.

I have done this a number of times and had no problems with my season ticket the following game.

You haven't been charged twice - it puts that amount on mine too which i presume to be the equivalent match price.. and refunds it from your season ticket

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks Ben.

Perhaps I need Homer Simpson as my avatar - if I'd looked properly at all the contents of the envelope, I'd have seen a receipt for £10 for my mate's ticket. D'oh!

With the stick the drummer has had, i'm suprised he hasn't joined the Darwen End. We've asked but so far no luck... will have to sort out an alternative possibly.

please no! surely people realise that other club's supporters will just jump on the fact that we have a drummer, as a way to criticise our support. we're capable of making noise without a drummer (who drowns out any attempts to sing anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I actually heard the Darwen End for once a couple of times today, once singing jumping around if you hate Burnley and once singing Jonesy give us a wave whilst we were defending an attack :wacko:

Nice to see the scarves waving though

I take it the fans in the JW side were Rovers as well and Wolves had the top tier (didn't hear from them pretty much all game)

Pretty quiet in the Blackburn End today though at times in the second half.

Enjoyed the Darwen End today.

Thought the Blackburn End was incredibly quiet, not sure why to be honest. Looked very spare on tv too

you guys in the DE are doing a good job, and i appreciate there may be a few youngsters in there, but i just wish the chants back to the away fans were not so "kiddish"

- when they sing about our support, the "you what, you what" chant sounds like its off a playground. why not give them some back about their support being poor?

same on when they sing "blackburns a sh*t hole" like wolves and villa have been doing- give it them back about their places being a dump, because as places to live aston & wolverhampton are as bad as anywhere.

i dont mean to sound negative, please carry on getting the atmosphere going, but just with football ground chants, not playground. :rover:

you guys in the DE are doing a good job, and i appreciate there may be a few youngsters in there, but i just wish the chants back to the away fans were not so "kiddish"

- when they sing about our support, the "you what, you what" chant sounds like its off a playground. why not give them some back about their support being poor?

same on when they sing "blackburns a sh*t hole" like wolves and villa have been doing- give it them back about their places being a dump, because as places to live aston & wolverhampton are as bad as anywhere.

i dont mean to sound negative, please carry on getting the atmosphere going, but just with football ground chants, not playground. :rover:

agree entirely. it's a great thing that the darwen end are trying to do and hopfully it'll continue to improve. (if i am being a bit picky, i'd say stick to the less kiddy type chants). reckon the way forward is simple traditional chants that the rest of the ground would be more likely to join in with......'come on rovers', 'blue n white army', 'we are the rovers'. the only song the whole ground join in is the cheesey 'barmy army'.

To be honest, the 'You wot' is usually chanted when they make a poor attempt at singing something (in other words its quiet and only a few of them singing it).

There's new songs developing all the time in the Darwen End too... :brfc:

Archived