BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

That reminds me of 'The Office'

David Brent telling a racist joke but it doesn't matter because the black guy in the office doesn't care.

All I'm saying is that it is a little strange that in today's football which is all about everybody being equal and outlawing racism and homophobia, we have a song which identifies our captain as a 'big black man'. If we signed a Jewish player, could we sing 'Stein, big Jew Boy!'

Rooney gets lots of sh1t cos of his appearence. Somehow 'shrek' and 'mr potato head' isn't viewed in the same light as calling someone black who is black.

Gazza / fat, Crouch / Tin Man, Beardsley and various / ugly. All intentionally hurtful and all genetic but apparently not offensive. Must say I don't understand the difference.:blink:

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So should we stop singing it?

Yes

Rooney gets lots of sh1t cos of his appearence. Somehow 'shrek' and 'mr potato head' isn't viewed in the same light as calling someone black who is black.

Gazza / fat, Crouch / Tin Man, Beardsley and various / ugly. All intentionally hurtful and all genetic but apparently not offensive. Must say I don't understand the difference.:blink:

So why does doing this somehow justify the other? Why not make the world a better place and do neither? Energy could actually then be devoted to supporting our own team.

For me it's losing possession that is annoying. Hoofing it forward aimlessly just puts us under pressure. It ends up with Niko, who does a pretty decent job of holding the ball up, but he us surrounded by 3 or 4 opposition players.

If we were actually effective with the long ball game then it wouldn't be so bad. Getting the ball forward early, then playing football around the opponents penalty box wound also be fine with me. Whenever a long ball is cleared, rather than get the ball down and try and create a chance, more often than not the ball is just knocked back into the 'mixer' hoping it'll end up at someones feet or head for a chance. It's all percentage football.

Also I think with good Dioufs pace, we've got to aim the get the ball into midfield and play through balls for him to run on to. The aimless punts forward aren't going to bring the best of him. We finally have a player with real pace and we need to use it best we can.

Saying that, if this 'style' of play keeps us in this league, then that's the main thing. Maybe if/when the takeover happen, we can get a better quality midfield and play some nicer stuff. We are capable if it and it was nice to see the ball on the floor a lot more last night. That's where the grass is, not amongst the clouds ;)

True Den-we haven't got enough players who 'are comfortable on the ball" as they say. N'Zonzi is, usually looks up and waits for a team-mate to run into space but he's one of the few.

Will someone tell me actual words to the song so I can see where the racist bit is please?

Is it possible to open a racism thread?

Would that in itself be racist? Is admitting that such a thing exists inherently racist? Would closing such a thread be racist? Is noticing that someone is different in the first place racist? Is not noticing someone is different classed insensitive and thus - racist? Is having different cultures racist? Does my dislike for black cars make me a latent racist? Can a dislike for Rap be racist? Am I racist? Are you racist? Is a Jew telling Jew jokes racist? Is an African American telling black jokes racist? Is being white and breathing racist? Are we racist because of our past? Are we racist for having money? Are we racist for being poor? Is racism a disease? Is a 60 year old black, quadriplegic, gay hermaphrodite the perfectly balanced human? Or is he racist for not being Asian?

Racism? Fascism? Ageism? Sexism? Humanism? ASL=insensitive? ASL<Raceism? ASL-racism-preference=Good? Extinction=equality

I went to a Gillingham Cup Game years ago and I remember hearing:

"Nathan Blake, He's gay, he's black, He owns a fruit machine, Nathan Blake."

Never worked that one out...

Are you 100% sure that was the song?

There was one ‘He’s black, he’s mean, he steals fruit machines, Nathan Blake, Nathan Blake’ in reference to him stealing a fruit machine from a pub when he was younger.

Would that in itself be racist? Is admitting that such a thing exists inherently racist? Would closing such a thread be racist? Is noticing that someone is different in the first place racist? Is not noticing someone is different classed insensitive and thus - racist? Is having different cultures racist? Does my dislike for black cars make me a latent racist? Can a dislike for Rap be racist? Am I racist? Are you racist? Is a Jew telling Jew jokes racist? Is an African American telling black jokes racist? Is being white and breathing racist? Are we racist because of our past? Are we racist for having money? Are we racist for being poor? Is racism a disease? Is a 60 year old black, quadriplegic, gay hermaphrodite the perfectly balanced human? Or is he racist for not being Asian?

Racism? Fascism? Ageism? Sexism? Humanism? ASL=insensitive? ASL<Raceism? ASL-racism-preference=Good? Extinction=equality

:unsure: I'm not exactly sure what this means...

I was asking for the words to be posted because, as far as I can tell, there isn't a thing that is racist about it... I wonder how Chris Samba would define himself. Is he big, yes. Is he black, yes. Is that racist? Nope.

As far as I am concerned, this is an exercise in overly sensitive political correctness alarmism. It's not a racist song.

I was asking for the words to be posted because, as far as I can tell, there isn't a thing that is racist about it... I wonder how Chris Samba would define himself. Is he big, yes. Is he black, yes. Is that racist? Nope.

As far as I am concerned, this is an exercise in overly sensitive political correctness alarmism. It's not a racist song.

No chance of an Al Jolson tribute session at half time then. :rolleyes: The worlds gone overboard.

Will someone tell me actual words to the song so I can see where the racist bit is please?

Chris Samba is a blig black man,

Get past him if you F**king can,

Try and trick and he'll make you a d**k,

Samba the black man.

It is racist in the eyes of political correctness, and in all fairness it could be seen as offensive to some. Problem the entire country has gone bloody bonkers and with all this political correctness bs and as a result it is bringing attention to trivial things, such as a blackboard having to be called a chalkboard, or the rhyme bah bah black sheep now goes bah bah multi ethnic sheep.

and whats even worse is it is largely the ethnic majority claiming it is racist and offensive as opposed to the minority! if someone within the minority finds it offensive they will speak out about it and dont need some random ethnic majority bloke/woman running around shouting this is racist and that is racist!

Does he also love the gollywog that was being chucked around in pre-season with a mini samba shirt on?

People shouldn't be so precious. The Gollywog is a toy. Perhaps I should start getting offended about Miss Piggy ...

p.s. Mr Roversmum thought the Golly was great!

Sorry about not making that clear. :lol:

I was using yeates gyre theory and asimovs math theory to show that pointing out racism is racist in its own right. Just by pointing out something is racist in essence proves that you subconsciously agree with the slight as you noticed it in the first place. The only way to eliminate Isms is the eradication of the human race.

Chris Samba is a blig black man,

Get past him if you F**king can,

Try and trick and he'll make you a d**k,

Samba the black man.

It is racist in the eyes of political correctness, and in all fairness it could be seen as offensive to some. Problem the entire country has gone bloody bonkers and with all this political correctness bs and as a result it is bringing attention to trivial things, such as a blackboard having to be called a chalkboard, or the rhyme bah bah black sheep now goes bah bah multi ethnic sheep.

and whats even worse is it is largely the ethnic majority claiming it is racist and offensive as opposed to the minority! if someone within the minority finds it offensive they will speak out about it and dont need some random ethnic majority bloke/woman running around shouting this is racist and that is racist!

Someone should take the political correctness bullsh*tters to a dictionary and some history books...

Nowt wrong with the song. If it doesn't offend Big Chris, what has anyone else got to say about it? Anyway, this is supposed to be about the Carling Cup...

Don't ya just love political correctness! Reminds me why I left the uk! Good Post Reb.

Haha.

I've created a monster!

Just find the song a little odd...

Anyway as mentioned above, this is the Carling Cup thread. I took it off topic so allow me to get it back on....

Who are you hoping for next round?

I'd like to take Preston out...

Who are you hoping for next round?

I'd like to take Preston out...

How about Newcastle or Notts. County? Their shirts with the equal black and white colours in perfect harmony would be rather apt.

Would take anyone at home really. The worse the better obviously. Burnley it is then!

There is a reason for that Theno and it's probably got a lot to do with the fact that you are a comfortably off white caucasian male, so how would you possibly know what it feels like to be racially abused or insulted? And you have more than amply demonstrated in countless numbers of posts over the years that you have no intention of even trying to understand.

Archived