BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a reason for that Theno and it's probably got a lot to do with the fact that you are a comfortably off white caucasian male, so how would you possibly know what it feels like to be racially abused or insulted?

You've fallen in the increasingly stupid common trap of thinking racism can only work one way. It doesn't.

If there was a TV programme about the 101 greatest crosses in the Carling Cup then Pedersen's would probably be up there with the best of them.

The more I see Pedersen's cross for Diouf's 3rd, the better it gets.

It was a throwback to an old time - ball whipped in with pace and a header to finish it off. We don't see many like that anymore!

If there was a TV programme about the 101 greatest crosses in the Carling Cup then Pedersen's would probably be up there with the best of them.

The more I see Pedersen's cross for Diouf's 3rd, the better it gets.

I agree.

If it was someone in a manc shirt andy gray would be copiously playing with himself.

Someone should take the political correctness bullsh*tters to a dictionary and some history books...

Nowt wrong with the song. If it doesn't offend Big Chris, what has anyone else got to say about it?

Whilst it's obviously not offensive to anyone, or indeed intended to be that way, it does stink of 'backward small town mentality'. It would be embarrassing to have a song like that attached to our club.

Whilst it's obviously not offensive to anyone, or indeed intended to be that way, it does stink of 'backward small town mentality'. It would be embarrassing to have a song like that attached to our club.

Like big club Man United and their chant for Park and it's references to Korean's eating dogs?

You can never totally sanitise football culture.

Haha.

I've created a monster!

Just find the song a little odd...

Anyway as mentioned above, this is the Carling Cup thread. I took it off topic so allow me to get it back on....

Who are you hoping for next round?

I'd like to take Preston out...

Dingles at Ewood :D

Like big club Man United and their chant for Park and it's references to Korean's eating dogs?

You can never totally sanitise football culture.

Believe it or not I can clearly remember a time when there was no need to sanitise our football culture for the simple reason that there was nothing there that needed sanitising. It was simply a case of rolling down on a Saturday afternoon to your local club and watching along with a packed out ground a damned good football match with no segregation because none was needed. And I lived through over 30 years of that before it all began to go du lally in the 70's. You young folk quite simply do not know what you have missed.

People shouldn't be so precious. The Gollywog is a toy. Perhaps I should start getting offended about Miss Piggy ...

p.s. Mr Roversmum thought the Golly was great!

Don't tell me they are no longer on jam jars. It's all a bit mad really and you have every right to be offended too mum. Now what anti white sentiments can I get upset about. Oh I forgot that doesn't count does it. I see nothing wrong with the Samba song and does anyone actually knows how he feels about the golly. I'd think it was funny.

No, I'm afraid it's not. I don't have a problem with it because it's harmless and not meant to offend, but there is a significant difference between using Dutch and using Black.

So use of the word black is racist? Look up racism please... In this case, is it derogatory, inflammatory or anything other than accurate? Is Chris Samba a black man? Answer me this, is the Kick It Out campaign racist because the man says he is black? "I is black" I think is the very words used.

Although it's not in the same category as the dreadful Owen Coyle song from last season, I feel uncomfortable when it's sung. No problem for home games as the Blackburn End is so quiet and it isn't the type of song you would hear in the Riverside anyway ... but at away games I find it a tad embarrassing. Maybe it's the fact that it seems to have been adopted, with some relish, by the more unsavory elements of our support. At Hearts the other week my seven year old asked me why the fans were singing "Samba dot com" ... needless to say I didn't correct his mistake.

I'd agree with that.

No, I'm afraid it's not. I don't have a problem with it because it's harmless and not meant to offend, but there is a significant difference between using Dutch and using Black.

Indeed eddie.

1. He isn't Dutch.

2. He is black.

The song's still crap though.

I really do wonder about the motivation of those complaining about the Samba song.

The song is sung with, and intended to show, genuine affection for the player and his footballing abilities. In that context how can it be twisted completely on its head and construed as racist?

I might be in the minority as well but I think it is a pretty funny song.

Or perhaps we should just stick with "GERRIN TO 'EM!"

<_<

Agree Rev. Song is sung with affection, not malice. And no racist terms/words are used in it.

I'm sure Chris would love it even more if we could fit the word Congolese in there, but that's a tough one for the Blackburn End.

I've got it!

Chris Samba is a Par-is-ian

Talk to him if you f***kin can

Try to speak French, and he'll scoff and turn away

Samba! Parisian !

You've fallen in the increasingly stupid common trap of thinking racism can only work one way. It doesn't.

No he hasn't--simply a diversion from you. Plenty of racism is directed against white and its to be condemned. Your position is invariably that 2 wrongs make a right. They don't.

Archived