BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing some nice, passing football. Begs the question: the players can obviously do it, even the second string, so why do we play hoofball a lot of the time in league games?

I agree with you, but wanting Rovers to play more football equates to wanting to watch Barcelona. There's no room for compromise on BRFCS. ;)

Ah crap, his monthly contribution always comes at the most useless of times.

For me he has been our best player of the season so far (not saying much after 3 games). His passing is improved, including his set-pieces, and his work ethic and tracking back have been very good. He was by far the best player on the pitch tonight and Diouf should be sharing the champagne with him.

It only goes to illustrate that our problem isn't the goalscorers, but the creative midfielders. MGP was great tonight so scoring became easy and virtually any member from this board would have had a couple. If we don't have that creativity then we will need Henry or Shearer up front to get the goals consistently.

• Backroom

Really glad I went in the end, it was a bit stale at times but well worth it, a few notes on players:

Bunn made some super saves its a shame a goal came off s corner from one of them

Hoilett was quiet first half but a totally different player in the second, once he started running at people he was unplayable. Good hand in two of the goals

Pedersen was in my opinion by a distance the best player on the pitch although you can't begrudge Diouf his MOTM award. Every set piece from morten was a threat and his cross for the first was sublime, also won a lot in the air

Linganzi looked neat and tidy and made some great passes and deserved a goal. Tired towards the end though.

Diouf was a constant threat, took his goals well but should have had another with a simple header. Brave in going for a fifty fifty with their keeper and taking a clattering. Given Sam a selection problem npw

For me he has been our best player of the season so far (not saying much after 3 games). His passing is improved, including his set-pieces, and his work ethic and tracking back have been very good. He was by far the best player on the pitch tonight and Diouf should be sharing the champagne with him.

It only goes to illustrate that our problem isn't the goalscorers, but the creative midfielders. MGP was great tonight so scoring became easy and virtually any member from this board would have had a couple. If we don't have that creativity then we will need Henry or Shearer up front to get the goals consistently.

To be honest I think we have been good this season, and nobody as yet is open to any blatant criticism, though I suspect sooner or later the same personnel who are prone to the odd (frequent) bouts of shitness will be back to their usual tricks.

Just got back. Some cracking football, particularly second half.

Ok, it was a poor Norwich side but we breezed through the with some nice flowing play, swarming forward at pace. Certainly not just long ball stuff.

Mame could have had half a dozen. Should have definitely had 4 given the chance he missed not long before his actual second. A carbon copy of his third, he somehow managed to head against the bar with the goal gaping from about 2 yards.

3-1 definitely flattered Norwich - their goal coming from a corner foliowing an excellent low diving save by Bunn from a six yard header.

I can't see us having quite so much control (somehow!) on Saturday but here's hoping we can take some confidence into it at least.

Samba didn't like it when he was subbed and Big Sam had to give him a fatherly clip round the ear and a jokey threat to give him the back of his hand!

Oh, and Grella was excellent for an hour. Such a shame he's a crock.

Archived