BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

Having watched the opening game of the season when Watford won pretty easily at Norwich, the key to winning this one is energy and strength. Watford didn't let Norwich settle anywhere on the Park and the Canaries couldn't handle it.

If we adopt a similar full tempo approach tonight, we should be able to build a demoralising lead and have a relatively straight forward passage through to the next round. So we need our stronger players and ones who will get into Norwich faces whenever they have possession then it will be a matter of exploiting their mistakes.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it raining, will I need a pack-a-mack?

I hope we do not have extra time....have to get up at the crack of dawn to get the 07.15 flight to Southampton :angry2:

Been absolutely p1ssing down on and off so yeah, I would bring something waterproof if you've got any distance to walk.

Been absolutely p1ssing down on and off so yeah, I would bring something waterproof if you've got any distance to walk.

oh dear, must pack my mack then.

It has been blue sky and dry over here in Liverpool all day

oh, and 4 -v- 0 tonight with 7,800 wet bunnies on.

Reading the Norwich City messageboard, their fans seem to think that they will bring about 4-500 fans, because it is a a long journey and they also are away at Forest on Saturday.

According to the Canaries official site, manager Paul Lambert is expected to make changes for the game tonight to give some squad players a chance.

Reading the Norwich City messageboard, their fans seem to think that they will bring about 4-500 fans, because it is a a long journey and they also are away at Forest on Saturday.

According to the Canaries official site, manager Paul Lambert is expected to make changes for the game tonight to give some squad players a chance.

Just got my ticket and they the ticket office are prdicting a crowd of around 7-8 thousand on Ewood tonight.

Time to give some of the fringe players a shot:

Bunn

Jacobsen - Samba - Jones - Givet

Hoilett - Emerton - Nzonzi - Olsson

Judge

Kalinic

Not bad but I would go:-

------------------------Bunn

Jacobsen---Samba---Jones----Olsson

--Doran----Linganzi----Nzonzi----Hoilett

------------------------Judge

-----------------------M Diouf

Maybe play Emerton ahead of Doran or Hoilett

Bit gutted about this one as I would like to see how the youngsters do. No option to watch from Slovenia :(. Does anyone know where Morris plays? He was on the bench against Brum so must be in contention for tonight.

Not bad but I would go:-

------------------------Bunn

Jacobsen---Samba---Jones----Olsson

--Doran----Linganzi----Nzonzi----Hoilett

------------------------Judge

-----------------------M Diouf

Maybe play Emerton ahead of Doran or Hoilett

Bit gutted about this one as I would like to see how the youngsters do. No option to watch from Slovenia :(. Does anyone know where Morris plays? He was on the bench against Brum so must be in contention for tonight.

you could probobly watch the game over the internet tho (:

I've already looked for an option on the internet - doesn't seem to be any carling cup games being shown.

Any idea if the LET will be doing live game updates like they trialled in the summer?

You should get updates on BBC.co.uk

ROVERS: Bunn, Jacobsen, Samba ©, Chimbonda, Givet, Emerton, Grella, Linganzi, Pedersen, Hoilett, MB Diouf.

Subs: Fielding (GK), Olsson, Nzonzi, EH Diouf, Judge, Jones, Morris.

NORWICH: Rudd, R. Martin, Gill, Holt ©, Jackson, Hoolahan, Fox, Lappin, Ward, Francomb, Askou.

Subs: Ruddy (GK), Hughes, Surman, C. Martin, Smith, Johnson, McNamee.

hmm...would have liked to see Fielding start.

Archived