BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure. That's why I said relatively. Which teams are dirtier than Wolves, Stoke and us? We arent like Leeds of old, but nobody is.

Of course there is a difference between Karl Henry and De Jong compared to Diouf's dubious tactics.

Both wrong, but bad tackling threatens careers.

Of course there is a difference between Karl Henry and De Jong compared to Diouf's dubious tactics.

Both wrong, but bad tackling threatens careers.

It doesn't help that the only extra viewing time we see on MOTD involving us is Givet scything someone down.

Givet is hard as nails and full blooded, which leads to occasional bad challenges, but I don't think he's cynically dirty. It's usually very isolated as his tackles are, generally, very well timed. If he started going round kicking people up in the air all game, that's when it becomes dirty.

All very subjective, of course. If I was on the end of a full blooded, but badly timed challenge, I suspect that I'd be calling the tackler a dirty so-and-so!

I'm not sure. That's why I said relatively. Which teams are dirtier than Wolves, Stoke and us? We arent like Leeds of old, but nobody is.

Leeds werent like Wimbledon though, that bunch were nasty

The 9 point Liverpool deduction talk is not real.

Being done to impress the Judges into giving a quick hearing and appeal hearing ahead of the 15 October RBS deadline and to whip up the anti- Hicks/Gillett fervour another notch.

There will have to be an unlikely series of accidents for the deduction to happen.

The 9 point Liverpool deduction talk is not real.

Being done to impress the Judges into giving a quick hearing and appeal hearing ahead of the 15 October RBS deadline and to whip up the anti- Hicks/Gillett fervour another notch.

There will have to be an unlikely series of accidents for the deduction to happen.

but as I said above Philip, why are they being inconsistent about it, if indeed Liverpool go into administration? Surely, if you gave Pompey a 9 point deduction, you have to do the same with the Anfield Red Sox Brigade. It’s a case of they are too big a club, for us to do that kind of thing.

Leeds werent like Wimbledon though, that bunch were nasty

Hmmm, really not sure about that the Wimbledon were worse that Leeds, TBH! Leeds have been at it that much longer and hence have had more practice.

If the Court OKs what Martin Broughton has done before next Friday, there will be no need for RBS to put Kop Football into administration.

For the Judges and Appeal Judges to hold quick hearings there has to be real and present danger to the business- hence talking up the 9 points deduction threat with the PL helpfully joining in after saying last night Kop Holdings going into administration would not cause Liverpool to suffer a 9 point hit.

Archived