SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Takeover permitting - 2 deals that we should be all over

Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar has admitted he may have to leave the club after growing frustrated at a lack of first team opportunities at White Hart Lane. (the Times)

CSKA Moscow's Japanese international Keisuke Honda could be available in the January transfer window after his agent confirmed he could leave the Russian club in the next transfer window.

Full story: sport.co.uk

Both of them would be cracking signings, and surely Honda would bring in some revenue from Nippon?

Chances of us having the cash to sign them? Our survey says...

24wxzwh.gif

It's interesting to see the impact Jonathan Walters has mad at Stoke (still early days of course). Him along with Scott Dann and Roger Johnson may make us revise the old saying about buying Championship players and getting Championship football.

How about the old saying "Once a thief always a thief"? Somehow it's unjust that we sacked him for nicking stuff out of his teammates belongings in the dressing room and then he comes back to nick a point off us. If he hadn't got such tarry fingers he might have scored that goal for us.

Also it's a touch of payback for Sam Allrdyce too cos as soon as we sacked Walters Sam's Bolton were all too willing to sign him up.

'An inspiration to others' !

http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~2173471,00.html

• Moderation Lead

It's interesting to see the impact Jonathan Walters has mad at Stoke (still early days of course). Him along with Scott Dann and Roger Johnson may make us revise the old saying about buying Championship players and getting Championship football.

Tim Cahill, Phil Jagielka?

Tim Cahill, Phil Jagielka?

Kevin Doyle, Adam Johnson, Ashley Young, Dan Gosling, Matt Jarvis, Joleon Lescott, Charlie Adam...

The record of top Championship players stepping up to the PL is actually very good. Defenders and midfielders certainly seem to have little trouble adapting. Strikers do seem to have a tougher time.

On a related note, how is Joe Ledley getting on at Celtic?

• Moderation Lead

Kevin Doyle, Adam Johnson, Ashley Young, Dan Gosling, Matt Jarvis, Joleon Lescott, Charlie Adam...

The record of top Championship players stepping up to the PL is actually very good. Defenders and midfielders certainly seem to have little trouble adapting. Strikers do seem to have a tougher time.

On a related note, how is Joe Ledley getting on at Celtic?

I would agree with all of those but not Charlie Adam, I know everyone can have a bad game but against us at Bloomfield Road I thought he was sh*te! Not mobile, technically decent but not that much of a threat (apart from to his own goalkeeper :lol: )

People make mistakes. The guy shouldn't be maligned for the rest of his career if he's put it behind him.

Quite agree. It's different doing something wrong and actually being a bad 'un as most teachers will tell you. There are some who never change but there are far more who wake up one day with a real sense of purpose and responsibility and turn their lives around.

De Jong dropped from the Dutch side, allegedly for the two broken legs in six months.

"The Holland coach, Bert van Marwijk, said he saw "no alternative" but to remove De Jong, adding: "I've seen the pictures back. It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard. It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it."

I would agree with all of those but not Charlie Adam, I know everyone can have a bad game but against us at Bloomfield Road I thought he was sh*te! Not mobile, technically decent but not that much of a threat (apart from to his own goalkeeper :lol: )

Nor had ashley young, Kevin Doyle or Adam Johnson been championship players for any length of time.

1 goal in 6 games and 0 assists, what impact has he made? ;)

Quite agree. It's different doing something wrong and actually being a bad 'un as most teachers will tell you. There are some who never change but there are far more who wake up one day with a real sense of purpose and responsibility and turn their lives around.

Indeed. I still hold out hope that theno can turn his life around.

I'm not holding my breath though

Liverpool on the verge of being sold, they have accepted 2 bids according to Sky News.

New England Sports Ventures (Boston Red Sox) could be very good owners both for Liverpool & the sport in general. Interesting...........

Sky reporting there will be a 7am announcement that Liverpool are to be sold to NESV- the Red Sox owners.

Whether Hicks and Gillett hand over theshares or fire two directors to regain control will be interesting.

If they do put Hicks junior back on the board the fans will go apopleptic.

The position RBS takes is key. They now hold the fate of Liverpool or the British tax payer does indirectly. I vote for a 9 point deduction. How do you feel?

Sky reporting there will be a 7am announcement that Liverpool are to be sold to NESV- the Red Sox owners.

Whether Hicks and Gillett hand over theshares or fire two directors to regain control will be interesting.

If they do put Hicks junior back on the board the fans will go apopleptic.

The position RBS takes is key. They now hold the fate of Liverpool or the British tax payer does indirectly. I vote for a 9 point deduction. How do you feel?

Just been reported on the bbc that liverpool have been sold. That is a fast takeover. DD done and prem test done in a few weeks.

Archived