BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other PL happenings 2010-2011

Tom

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Liverpool sale is totally different to the scenario we are currently going through, the 2 cannot be compared.

It's like getting excited at the quick sale of your potentially repossessed house against getting frustrated at the drawn out bidding war on your 5 bed detached property. I know which i would sooner have

No it is not. The point is Liverpool get what they want when they want it, and even though they haven't sold nearly all of their star players, their fans still have the audacity to complain and "protest". They are not losing to Blackpool because their owners aren't giving them enough money. Torres alone is worth our entire squad combined. They are losing because they have sold out their club to the corporate Americans a long time ago, and they sure as hell didn't complain when that was bringing them success.

"You reap what you sow" has been replaced by "you reap what you sow, unless you happen to attract rich businessmen, so it doesn't matter, go ahead and spend however much you want".

I see what you're getting at. There is a certain amount of immunity amongst some clubs. They can do what they want, rack up phenomenal amounts of debt but there will always be some big money man willing to bail them out at the end of the day simply because they will pay for the name.

Us on the other hand would be looking at oblivion if we make one bad decision. With this particular take over though I would rather be in our position, having the time to make an informed decision on which direction we would like our club to follow.

the difference between Liverpool and Rovers, is that Liverpool are up the ###### hole, and Rovers are no where near that. they are forced to sell to any chancer, we on the other hand are not. however, we do need inestment, but we need the right people involved

the difference between Liverpool and Rovers, is that Liverpool are up the ###### hole, and Rovers are no where near that. they are forced to sell to any chancer, we on the other hand are not. however, we do need inestment, but we need the right people involved

The owner of the Red Sox isn't a chancer.

Fulham's Danny Murphy has a pop at Rovers

1 SOCCER Fulham Murphy

MURPHY: MANAGERS TO BLAME FOR DANGEROUS PLAY

By Martyn Ziegler, Chief Reporter, Press Association Sport

Fulham captain Danny Murphy has pointed the finger of blame for the rash of dangerous tackles at the managers of Stoke, Wolves and Blackburn for sending out their players too pumped up.Bobby Zamora, the Fulham striker, suffered a broken leg in a challenge by Wolves' Karl Henry and the same player was fined two weeks' wages by his club after another savage tackle on Wigan's Jordi Gomez.Murphy called some tackles ``ridiculous'' and ``brainless'' and said managers had to take responsibility.Speaking at the Leaders in Football conference in London, Murphy said: ``Your manager dictates what your players do and how you behave.``You get managers who are sending their teams out to stop other teams playing, which is happening more and more - the Stokes, Blackburns, Wolves.``They can say it's effective and they have got to win games but the fact is the managers are sending out their players so pumped up there is inevitably going to be problems.``Every ship has a captain and that's the manager who is in charge.''Murphy said there should be tougher sanctions for dangerous tackles - especially for repeat offenders.He added: ``The pace in which some players go into tackles now is ridiculous. There's no brains involved in the players who are doing that.``I don't believe players are going out to break another player's leg but there has to be some logic and intelligence involved.``If you are going at someone at a certain pace and you don't get it right you are going to hurt them.``Players should be culpable for that, in terms of punishment I don't know what - but they need to show a little bit more intelligence, especially the ones who are doing it repeatedly.''Fulham always topped the Fair Play league during Roy Hodgson's time as manager - something that was no coincidence, said Murphy.``If you have a manager like Roy Hodgson in charge you don't get discipline problems,'' he said.``If you have a manager that's in control of the team and doesn't allow these type of things to go on then you are going to have a more disciplined team.``I'm not saying tackling is a bad thing but we want to watch the best players on the pitch.``Under Roy Hodgson at Fulham we were always top of the Fair Play league because he wouldn't accept talking back to the referee and he wouldn't accept stupid tackles.''However, Everton skipper Phil Neville insisted tackling was much harder at the start of his career than now.``Ten or 15 years ago when I was faced with a tricky left winger the first thing I had to do was boot him up in the air,'' said Neville.``I don't think we tackle as hard as we used to. Tackling is part of the game, we just need to outlaw the two-footed challenge that has crept into the game.''end

I know the Fair Play table is an absolute joke but:

Position Played R/Y P/P R/O R/R B/O Pts Score Avge

1 Chelsea 6 51 53 35 36 35 210 52.5 8.75

2 Tottenham 6 51 48 37 37 32 205 51.3 8.54

3 West Brom 6 48 48 37 38 31 202 50.5 8.42

4 Liverpool 6 51 46 36 36 33 202 50.5 8.42

5 Manchester Utd6 48 51 35 35 32 201 50.3 8.38

6 Aston Villa 6 49 49 36 36 31 201 50.3 8.38

7 Manchester C 6 47 47 34 37 35 200 50.0 8.33

8 Blackburn R 6 52 43 35 37 31 198 49.5 8.25

9 Fulham 6 49 46 36 36 30 197 49.3 8.21

10 Arsenal 6 45 49 37 36 29 196 49.0 8.17

11 Everton 6 54 46 34 34 28 196 49.0 8.17

12 Sunderland 6 46 47 34 35 31 193 48.3 8.04

13 West Ham 6 47 42 35 36 32 192 48.0 8.00

14 Wigan 6 48 43 33 35 32 191 47.8 7.96

15 Blackpool 6 48 46 36 36 25 191 47.8 7.96

16 Stoke City 6 48 43 33 35 31 190 47.5 7.92

17 Newcastle 6 45 46 33 32 32 188 47.0 7.83

18 Bolton 6 43 44 32 34 30 183 45.8 7.63

19 Birmingham 6 45 43 29 31 31 179 44.8 7.46

20 Wolves 6 38 45 31 31 31 176 44.0 7.33

Fulham will of course sink to the bottom with Sparky in charge.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He chats about dangerous tackles and how we stop other teams playing.....maybe he should have looked at the card counts before he mentioned us in the same sentence as Wovles and Stoke. Interesting to find Fulham have picked up more yellow cards than us....I wonder if they were for "dangerous tackles"

Fulham - 12 yellows 0 reds

Rovers - 11 yellows 0 reds

Stoke - 14 yellows, 0 reds

Wolves - 20 yellows 2 reds

1 SOCCER Fulham Murphy

Fulham captain Danny Murphy has pointed the finger of blame for the rash of dangerous tackles at the managers of Stoke, Wolves and Blackburn for sending out their players too pumped up.Bobby Zamora, the Fulham striker, suffered a broken leg in a challenge by Wolves' Karl Henry and the same player was fined two weeks' wages by his club after another savage tackle on Wigan's Jordi Gomez.Murphy called some tackles ``ridiculous'' and ``brainless'' and said managers had to take responsibility.Speaking at the Leaders in Football conference in London, Murphy said: ``Your manager dictates what your players do and how you behave.``You get managers who are sending their teams out to stop other teams playing, which is happening more and more - the Stokes, Blackburns, Wolves.``They can say it's effective and they have got to win games but the fact is the managers are sending out their players so pumped up there is inevitably going to be problems.``Every ship has a captain and that's the manager who is in charge.''Murphy said there should be tougher sanctions for dangerous tackles - especially for repeat offenders.He added: ``The pace in which some players go into tackles now is ridiculous. There's no brains involved in the players who are doing that.``I don't believe players are going out to break another player's leg but there has to be some logic and intelligence involved.``If you are going at someone at a certain pace and you don't get it right you are going to hurt them.``Players should be culpable for that, in terms of punishment I don't know what - but they need to show a little bit more intelligence, especially the ones who are doing it repeatedly.''Fulham always topped the Fair Play league during Roy Hodgson's time as manager - something that was no coincidence, said Murphy.``If you have a manager like Roy Hodgson in charge you don't get discipline problems,'' he said.``If you have a manager that's in control of the team and doesn't allow these type of things to go on then you are going to have a more disciplined team.``I'm not saying tackling is a bad thing but we want to watch the best players on the pitch.``Under Roy Hodgson at Fulham we were always top of the Fair Play league because he wouldn't accept talking back to the referee and he wouldn't accept stupid tackles.''However, Everton skipper Phil Neville insisted tackling was much harder at the start of his career than now.``Ten or 15 years ago when I was faced with a tricky left winger the first thing I had to do was boot him up in the air,'' said Neville.``I don't think we tackle as hard as we used to. Tackling is part of the game, we just need to outlaw the two-footed challenge that has crept into the game.''end

Danny Murphy, the newly appointed 'intelligent footballer' of the media.

Talks a load of tripe whenever I've heard him, just like his quote here.

1 SOCCER Fulham Murphy

Tart.

Absolutely ridiculous - when was the last time one of our players even caused serious injury to another player? I don't think we've even had that many red cards either under Sam - some stats would be appreciated here!

I have respect for Murphy's contribution to Fulham, but that was a stupid statement to make.

Off the top of my head the last one I can remember was Marcus Babbels leg breaker on one of his fellow Liverpool teammates while on loan. Think it was the season after Cisses anyway, might be worng here.

Lest we forget Brian. Replays revealed no contact whatsoever by Babbel when Milan Baros's leg broke. Also minimal contact by Lucas Neills trailing foot/toe (after his leading foot won the ball cleanly and fairly) which was tucked under his leading leg broke Carraghers leg the same night. Houllier had a field day with accusations towards the Rovers players, and the stupid soft arses in the press aided and abetted him...... and more than one or two on here did too. <_<

I must say if Murphy had come out with that rubbish under Shanks and Paisley he'd have been dropped or sold! Remember Shank's remark to a reporter querying how Liverpool managed to field the same team week after week... "Listen san.... Thats cos Liverpool players dinnae get injured".

Wonder what he would have said had he come to Ewood..... :lol:

Birmingham midfielder Alexander Hleb says that moving to St Andrew's from Barcelona this summer was a backwards step and has criticised the team's long-ball style.

Full Story: Daily Star

Birmingham midfielder Alexander Hleb says that moving to St Andrew's from Barcelona this summer was a backwards step and has criticised the team's long-ball style.

why sign here then.. oh i forgot... theyre paying him barrow loads of cash! overated, overpaid, etc.... same old story!

most prem teams are long ball; rovers, stoke, wolves, birmingham, villa, liverpool this season, newcastle, sunderland, all kick and rush it -to varying degrees, depending on finance and philosphies . villa under o'neil where exclusively a long ball team.

but ssssh. dont tell sky... cos the premiership is the best league in the world! :angry2::rolleyes:

why sign here then.. oh i forgot... theyre paying him barrow loads of cash! overated, overpaid, etc.... same old story!

I doubt they're paying him more than he was on at Barca.

A lot of unhappy Birmingham fans regarding their style of play too, a few want McLeish out for that reason. Just shows that 4-4-2 doesn't automatically mean good football. :)

I doubt they're paying him more than he was on at Barca.

i never said they were.

fact is hleb chose birmingham over a number of other european clubs who play 'nicer' football, he went to birmingham cos they offered him the most money. mustve forgot his footballing principles for a few moments... eh ? :rock:

We're all whores at the capitalist gangbang, Rovers are doing just the same.

superb! adopted! :tu:

here's another hicks saying!

"everything you say is like a turd falling into my drink!"

- bill hicks- 1993- rant in E minor.

thats exactly my thoughts when i hear most broadcasters and so called experts on football!

it links into the danny murphy rubbish.

I'm just fed up with the media and football in general, they turn everything into a witchunt!

Always against certain teams, city, rovers, stoke, wolves etc!

Danny Murphy mentioned rovers as a dirty reckless tackling team!

Let's have some examples!

Its not on.we r not dirty, we are sly!

I can't remember the last reckless tackle we did, and injured anyone. maybe the axe on robben.

We were dirtier under Hughes, and then cleaned our act up.! and whos he manage now ???

The dwarf must be trying to get himself a job in the media. should be too difficult cos they are hiring anyone these days! his appearances on tv so far have been dreadful!

his football career has been far from glitering... hes a player with a lot of ability but is just lazy.

He got kicked out of liverpool, and robbed a living at spurs and charlton and fulham, doing absolutely nothing -before hodgson came!

Talksht has had to b turned off, its the sun newspaper on radio... anyway i digress.

Danny Murphy can ... off.... he looks like a fetus!

and if any1 on here thinks thats uncalled for and personal, then its no different to what danny murphy said!

Wonder what he would have said had he come to Ewood..... :lol:

Daily Stars usual credibility coupled with the fact that Hleb has been there for less than two months makes me certain this is an epic misquote. Remember, it was recently suggested that Daily Star systematically forge interviews with non english-speaking players under a non-existing pseudonym...

Archived