BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs. Aston Villa

• Backroom

Mark, come on now, when are you are going to give the guy credit? Third time?, fifth time?......

oh fuc it, he is sh1te!

Exactly, it's ridiculous to claim it was an overhit cross twice in three weeks, I thought his all round game was great today, he was vital to the team and we looked weaker when he went off.

I thought Pedersen's free kick in the second half was just as good, fooled the Villa defence but just eluded the toe of Samba, although that was probably a mishit shot :wacko:

It seems people are begrudging praising him and trying to take it away at the same time.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good reaction from Pedersen for the second, and a far better free kick for the first than the usual chipped efforts. Was definitely a cross that went in rather than a deliberate shot though - just like the Wigan one. However ..... other than that he was average.

I always find it amazing how two fans of the same team - can see different things in a player. Prior to his goal I thought MGP was actually having a good match - showing much of the confidence gained from his recent goal scoring exploits for club and country. Though he occasionally gives the ball away - he is usually intelligent with how he uses the ball - and he always puts in a good amount of effort - both tracking back and getting to support the forward.

One player who has improved this season beyond recognition is Diouf - personally after last season I would have sold him - glad we didn't as this season he has been one of our best players.

• Backroom

Superb, I thought.

Wasn't it his brilliant cross that should have seen Diouf score the third goal - or have I got that wrong?

I loved that along with one that Jones skied a bit later was as close to total football as we will get in the build up, and we only had 10 men on for Dioufs chance, we looked to be playing with a real swagger and confidence, I feel more goals were there for us if we went for it.

• Backroom

Love how the MOTD commentator tried to make out all we did if impede Brad on free kicks, half the time he was blacked off by his own men.

Oh and Pedersen got lucky, sure it was poor keeping but a brilliantly struck free kick.

I thought that David Dunn didn't have a particularly good game today. But it's important that he gets 90 minutes under his belt for us. I thought Roberts had a very good first half, but started to fade as the game went on. Salgado did have a good game against Young. I worried that he would get taken apart by Young's pace, but he did well against him. As for Pedersen's first goal, I think it was one of those ones where he puts the ball into an area, knowing that it can either go in if the keeper misjudges it or it gives one of our players a chance to attack it. I'm just happy it went in.

I don't think Roberts would have played the entire game had Pedersen stayed on.

I don't think Roberts should ever play 90 mins. Not because he is bad or anything but he is a big powerful player and one who clearly starts to wilt around the 60-70 min mark (he must be getting on a bit now as well.) That is why he is a very good sub or to start with against certain teams and take him off around the 65 min mark.

And lay off Niko people, he has had to play almost every game with the lousy hoofball tactics, it's ironic that now we've decided to play it on the floor a bit Sam decided to play Roberts, who is more suited to hoofball, and drop Niko, who is better suited to the game played on the deck.

I'm pleased to see a number of people highlighting the performance of Nelsen, I thought he was absolutely awesome today. I suspected MGP would get MOTM for his goals, and dont begrudge him that, but Nelsen was rock solid and back to his best today. I know he's not officially captain on the pitch but that was a captain's performance. Also pleased by the workrate throughout the team, most notably El Hadji Diouf who is having his best season for us. Robinson is now officially better than Friedel (the 2010 Friedel at least!), Salgado looking as good as most rightbacks 10 years younger.

Goulon is clearly still off the pace but hopefully that will come so the jury is out there. Hoilett showed some promise first half, but still needs to learn to go past his man to complete his game. All in all if we can bring in a striker in January who knows where the goal is we're looking at another comfortable midtable finish, on today's showing at least.

(Then again, Villa were crap.....!)

... and the pressure drops away :rover:

Really good result, Villa struggled but who cares we got the points.

Apart from a few misplaced passes I cannot think of a bad performance by anyone. Everyone bust a gut and that defence looked like it would hold out forever. Nice goals, there could/should have been more but I don't care about that.

What I saw was a steely determination by everyone not to be beaten, hard to pick anyone out for extra credit but maybe Nelson, Samba, Salgado, Jones, Peds will do for starters.

Nice to put the takeover civil war behind us and to get on with our real passion. Good result, good performance, good timing. Top half here we come. :rover:

I'm pleased to see a number of people highlighting the performance of Nelsen, I thought he was absolutely awesome today. I know he's not officially captain on the pitch but that was a captain's performance. Also pleased by the workrate throughout the team, most notably El Hadji Diouf who is having his best season for us. Robinson is now officially better than Friedel (the 2010 Friedel at least!), Salgado looking as good as most rightbacks 10 years younger.

(Then again, Villa were crap.....!)

Thought this was a good post ( because he saw the same game as me ?) but I agree that I thought Nelson and El Hadji had particularly good games. The Pederson free kick was a "champagne moment" ( see test match special ). I was very sad when Friedal left but it was very clear yesterday who had the better goal keeper.

Glad we got the points:

BUT

it's Nelsen, not Nelson.

Give the guy some respect and spell his name correctly.

Just as an aside Dave, NelsEn was interviewed on RR and said he was really looking forward to the Test and desperately wanted England to wipe the floor with the Aussies. :tu:

:lol: :lol: Great leg pull, Smithy. As you said in your previous post, you missed today's game. :lol:

Glad someone got it. :D

Well there was the 'One Jack Walker' chant reverberating loudly from the Darwen End to the Blackburn End during the second half. Not sure what the new owners made of it. Not sure either if it was intended to mean anything one way or the other.

I was curious as some on here had said they would chant for Jack when they were on the pitch. I was hopeful that people wouldn't, not to mean any disrespect to the great man but I didn't feel that would be the best way to welcome them. I'm glad it got sung during the game though as hopefully despite their shivering they hopefully realise what his legacy means to the fans.

Archived